It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unabomber manifesto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wasn't sure what subforum to put this in so I did it here.

Has anyone here read the manifesto.?

He claims that technology is restricting our freedoms...and I found myself thinking to a degree I can't argue with his logic.

Just curious if anyone has read the whole thing, and your thoughts on it..?
article

edit on 14-12-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

You're not supposed to read anti establishment material. People will call you names.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently redu- cing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

PDF

edit on 15-12-2017 by intrptr because: external content

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

You're not supposed to read anti establishment material. People will call you names.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently redu- cing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

PDF

Awesome! Thanks for the full link. Will read it in full now

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Try not to hurt anybody.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I read it..

He was a typical narcissist “save-the-planet” burn out Failed every account of a real job throughout the course of life…

His narcissist tendencies made it all too easy to blame others and their intellectual shortcomings...

The Vin diagram of cociopathy and narcissism intermix so heavily that they are often one circle in the same..

Techie Zinski was no more less it typical that # crazy liberal who happened to be good at 80s bar maybe…
Past that he was your run-of-the-mill liberal with a little more gumption most..

Society = bad
Inequality = bad
Working hard = bad

All the staples of a good upstanding member of the liberal church

Perhaps y’all can wait him one day...or whatever the progressive ethos calls for to deify mortals...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.theatlantic.com...

www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don’t know, when I looked into this many years ago it seeme his bombing targets were usually people working two jobs, research it. A lot of the researchers he targeted we’re doing work that sometimes referred to as dual use.
I got the distinct impression that What really upset the agencies was how he identified his targetsa reply to: FlyingFox

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks fpr the replies. Ive worked my way through most of the manifesto as well as time reading other articles etc. Im not great at articulating my thoughts and jump from one thing to another but bare with me. I think i have some intetesting thoughts lol

So the example that catches me tje most is regarding cell phones and cars. He said the autonobile witj become a master and it has...it doesnt give us freedom it gives us a burden, the same with cell phones, its the logic in his manifesto like this that i cant find rational reason to disagree with his core ideals that we are slaves to technology.

Timothy McVeigh became friends with him in prison, their views apparently werw very similar but they argued on who was to blame. Tim McVeigh said once that the government is our teacher and the goverment teaches us that violence is ok to solve problems. Ted blamed technology, Tim blamed the government. Makes you wonder if the apprent extra accomplice Tim had was Ted.

Also i dont see how Ted was a narcissist, because he was trying to save what he saw was the downfall of mankind. A narcissistic person wouldn't care avout others.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
double
edit on 15-12-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

top topics

join