It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematical Reasoning Why Aliens Will Probably Never Visit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

"It is my contention that space travel may be difficult, even if there are some ways to bend the "rules" regarding FTL travel."

Suppose if it were that easy to accomplish then every half intelligent sentient species in the universe would be doing so.

Somehow i imagine through, we are as of yet not exactly in possession of all the facts pertaining to the reasons for lack of contact.

Keeping in mind the universe is a big place, we might just not be that special to warrant interest.

Or there may just be far more interesting areas of study to address before other races, from other places, get around to interacting with us Earthlings.

Maybe its just considered poor form or bad manners to approach another race before they introduce themselves to the universe by some means we have yet to accomplish?
edit on 12-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
There are no signals, we are alone.

A valid point.

If were are average and there has been life in the universe for a very long time then there should be a lot of signals all over the universe.

But

- what if we are above average
- what if we are below or don't know how to gather the signals
- there is some unknown barrier to reception near Earth we don't understand
- etc

We may well be limited by our thought process and knowledge. I suspect real answer are a long way off unless some life form arrives here and tells everyone.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Oh wow. I will have to read everything you put out on ats now.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join