It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysically Challenged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hello, all. I've got a question that's been bugging me: Is it possible that certain people will never experience anything supernatural, paranormal or otherwise "abnormal"? I have tried an exuberant amount of ways to "peek behind the veil", yet I have had zero ghost sightings/EVPs, no OBEs and no luck with "magick" or other spiritual manifestations. It seems that some people randomly encounter somethings or receive messages, but I have studied, practised with full belief and at times begged for the chance to see what lies hidden, yet I've always come up short. I cannot be the only one...right? Any other seekers who can't find? Let's hear your take. ***what I'm looking for is a consensus of whether or not it is possible for some to be unable to have any interaction with all but the mundane physical world interactions. Just like some will never be able to carry a tune, no matter the time spent training.***

edit on 20160614 by ChildOfLoki because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ChildOfLoki

You need to look inward to find what you seek.

Knowledge of self is the first step.

P

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

True. I've spent years doing just that. I am still unable to experience a dang thing. I've studied classic to new age mysticism and a myriad of religious principles. I'm like the kid who never learns to whistle even though he's been taught his whole life.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Try some salvia divinorum or shrooms in the propper setting with a sitter.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wateraventhe

Hallucinogens are the only things I have not tried. Shamans have been doing it since the beginning, so there must be something to it!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Advice is appreciated very much, but what I'm looking for is a consensus of whether or not it is possible for some to be unable to have any interaction with all but the mundane physical world interactions. Just like some will never be able to carry a tune, no matter the time spent training.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Have you played around with low level Reiki?

Even if you have not recalibrated the Amagydala to release more signal substance you should be able to feel some heat or cold manifesting in your body.

Not all people who push far down the rabbit hole will be doing OBE easily. The body will be shaking insanely with Kundalini (heat energy) and Chi (vibrating energy) when they try.

First time I felt chi for real I went to the doctors since I thought there was something wrong with the nervous system.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Kundalini is something I have been very interested in. I've only dabbled in as far as to try and cleanse my Chakras to prepare for the awakening of the serpent, but never carried it out, only because I've read that to try when not fully prepared could mess you up. Besides, I've never had luck with energy anything.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Lol. Your unconscious are doing more things than you think you are doing. Sending out 2 of 4 messages in this thread with a Synchronicity stamp for those who know what to look for.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Not to sound dumb, but I don't understand "Sending out 2 of 4 messages in this thread with a Synchronicity stamp for those who know what to look for."

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki

Kundalini is something I have been very interested in. I've only dabbled in as far as to try and cleanse my Chakras to prepare for the awakening of the serpent, but never carried it out, only because I've read that to try when not fully prepared could mess you up. Besides, I've never had luck with energy anything.

Luck is the idea that you have not bent reality in some way and still had a positive outcome. Most of the time that is wrong because you are always on one level or another bending reality toward something.

Entanglement/synchronicity is when you are screwing up experiment (by bending) by only existing. Pauli effect

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I think I comprehend. Going to google the paulie effect and then hit the hay. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It seems that some people randomly encounter somethings or receive messages,

'Random' is what it is or it would all become part of the established sciences. It all lacks predictability and can't be reproduced in the labs.

One day you'll experience something you can't explain and it'll be like an invisible hand has tapped your shoulder. Be patient and enjoy life.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Just my own home grown method here.

Try looking between two thoughts.

How does one get from thought "A" to thought "B" to thought "C"?

What does thought exist within?

The void.

Look between two thoughts and one will see into the void.

Thoughts are like pictures cut out of a magazine and pasted on our "window" of perception. Too much theory, too many pictures, and we can't see past the images we put in front of ourselves.

Keep in mind that the whole body perceives.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Be careful what you ask for. If something does come up. Something else may come to see it goes back.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

This kind of shockers you're asking for would be wasted on you as you're already questioning who is behind the veil. You have to work. Kundalini is an important hint, but you should be worried if you can take it as it can be like dying.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You speak of kundalini but never give any hint of being a meditator. The true kundalini experience is invoked, usually through meditation, not simply called forth by simply wanting it. And there are those that will tell you emphatically that wanting special powers, for the special powers, is the height of egoism and the exactly wrong way to achieve it.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki
Advice is appreciated very much, but what I'm looking for is a consensus of whether or not it is possible for some to be unable to have any interaction with all but the mundane physical world interactions. Just like some will never be able to carry a tune, no matter the time spent training.

The trick is to see the “mundane physical world” for what it really is.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I would expect this kind of problem more from someone who saw themselves as a Thor archetype.
You know the old saying "if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail"?
If not, it is easily explained using the physics of momentum.

Ego death, enlightenment, and wet backs all in the same moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Considering that going down this road leads to all kinds of deceitfulness, maybe God has other plans for you so not to be lead astray. The rest will play itself out in due time, as in God's timing, not yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join