It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Shipping, Where 2 day shipping really isn't 2 day shipping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
If amazon takes more than 2 days on my 2 day shipping I email them and they refund my shipping charges with no questions asked.

hows that work if your a prime member? you dont get charges for 2 day shipping and they sure arent going to refund your prime membership. maybe they would offer some bonus stuff. i know if i dont take the 2 day shipping i get a buck or something to spend on their site. i havent had a package arrive in 2 days for the past year and its really started to irk me.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: JAGStorm

I always get my packages in 2 days. Recently, I had to wait 3 days because Fed Ex ran into a problem. According to Fed Ex, they were dealing with a natural disaster. I live about 30 miles away from where this disaster was occurring and check my weather app, clear skies and sunny days.

I wouldn't blame that on Amazon though.

I paid for overnight shipping recently: FEDEX. The package didn't show up when it was supposed to, so I cslled FEDEX. The woman who took my call barely spoke English and was eating tortilla chips (or a similar loud crunchy food) as she looked up my package. She told me that oops, the driver had delivered it to the wrong house. I said "Well he needs to go get it, and bring it here to the correct house." She said "Well he's already gone home for the day." I said "Then send whomever is on shift now" and she proceeded to give me three or four more ridiculous excuses about why I wouldn't be getting the package on the day that I paid good money for it.

I finally asked her "Which address did he deliver it to? I'll go get it." She paused and sounded uncomfortable, and then rattled off an address.

When I went to the supposed address, it didn't exist. kind of like that weather issue your driver was having.

I complained and "opened an investigation" (which is what they call it) and have never heard from the a-holes again.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

In my experience, it's all lies. Once they SHIP the package it might be two days, but it takes them a week to get to shipping it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Is Prime really worth it? Isn't there a $100 dollar a year fee? I really don't find myself paying shipping fees too often. I usually will look for coupon codes for free shipping before I check-out, or I'll google shop the lowest price with free shipping. If I can avoid shipping charges by purchasing it in town, I'll also go that way.

Waiting usually isn't a problem for me. Heck, I've purchased things directly from China and a majority of the time they have free shipping! Some arrive in a week, others can take 3 to 4 weeks. I'll also check EBAY, they will sometimes offer the same item with free shipping.

I don't think I ever paid more than $75 in a year on shipping fees, and that's a rather high figure.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Amazon,,,

They are as crooked a monopoly
as the curved icon on their
shipping boxes.

Bunch of Crooked Dicks.

HooHaa

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Where's my LED hula hoop, Amazon? It's been 12 days!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I'm a long time Amazon user. I've used prime on and off for the last couple of years. The first year of prime they would do anything to make sure you got your package in 2 days.

Well, Amazon has changed some things. They used to ship immediately when I placed an order, even when I chose "FREE" shipping. Now, however, when I pick "FREE" shipping, they "wait" two weeks, then they ship, and I get the product within 2 days of the shipping. They make me "wait", because they want me to pay for quick shipping. In fact, their system is set up so that it cost them more to ship slowly, so its more efficient for them to use fast shipping. So, amazon mostly uses fast shipping for everything. They just delay the ship date to adjust for the different "tiers" of shipping methods they offer.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have Prime. Items ship out fast....and 97% get to me in two days.
Occasionally packages get waylaid, seems like especially if they are small.
When I've had to call, they've always been helpful....and tried to make things right.

I have noticed an attempt to use some non-UPS, non-USPS, non-FedEx shipper recently.
I think they are attempting to do their own shipping.
And the system is still a little buggy.

edit on Thu Dec 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I'm a carrier at the USPS and I can tell you Amazon gets priority. It is there in the morning and it goes out straight from amazon to us. We do have a distribution center in my State though.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'd have to agree, and I'm hoping that at some point they'll really be called out on this.

I pay for Prime, for the free shipping alone. I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that is technically the U.S., so I save a lot of money on shipping for items that I could not otherwise get out here.

That being said, I'm lucky to get something within two weeks of ordering it. I understand, they have to fly it out here and that costs time and money, but they offered it and I pay for it, so I don't want to hear excuses. Either tell me that 2 day shipping is a ridiculous notion and not available where I live, or refund my Prime fees. Don't sell what you can't deliver.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I order way too much from Amazon. I bet in all the orders I've placed, I've only had 2 or 3 not make it in the 2 days. Those times, I contacted Amazon and they either refunded the money or gave me additional time on my Prime membership.

The "not 2 days" thing is typically when the product is not sold by Amazon. Another seller is selling and packaging the item but includes the free shipping. I'd like to see this type of thing not listed as Prime. Make it something else so I know right off that the product might not be actually 2 days shipping.

originally posted by: lordcomac
instead, they sit on my orders for 5-7 business days, then ship them 2-day.

Used to be that a Prime order would often be delivered the next day. All non-Prime orders I have made were delivered in 2 days. I'm seeing the same thing you are. I'll place an order and it won't be fulfilled until the next day and delivered the day after. If it was fulfilled the same day it was ordered, it would be delivered the next day. I agree that this is like extortion to make you buy next day shipping.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: fritzM

And don't forget some items are clearly marked "ships in 1-2 days"...."ships in 7-10 days"

I've noticed it really depends on the carrier.....Amazon will ship.....but the the carrier has issues.

We used to get mostly UPS deliveries...then USPS did most of the work...and it was wonderful and odd at the same time....odd because I was singing the praises of the USPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! USPS will deliver Saturday AND Sunday. UPS will not.

Now it's split between Amazon and USPS, with a few UPS.
The jury is still out on Amazon as a shipper.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Ok, right now you get almost everything in two days, what if starting in January you start getting everything in six days. Wouldn't you have a problem with that?

for everyone that says call them, should I call every single order, i'd be calling multiple times a week! I am not renewing my prime after it expires. I may still do some shopping on Amazon, but I'm going to go back to bricks and mortar stores for everything else.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It gets really bad for Christmas. I just knocked out all my Christmas shopping this morning, and you'd think that with me being a Prime customer, I'd get all those gifts on Sunday. Nope. My order receipt broke down the order into four different parts with four different delivery days, one of which is TBD (Just in case anyone is wondering, I ensured that all of my purchases were prime eligible).

I'd be pissed, but this happened the last two years, so I'm expecting it. I even got gifts delivered to me AFTER the 25th, or Amazon will straight up cancel your order and you don't find out until it is too late.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
USPS actually pays Amazon for the privilege of delivering their packages:

www.freightwaves.com...

Lately its been hinted that USPS was faking delivery dates to meet obligations to Amazon with their 2 day shipping.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You poor soul
i live on this little island called the UK and the horrible people in other parts of the country will not post to my zip/post code as the postal service declare my part of the country a Island ?? it is cheaper to post to far of Europe than Inverness Scotland

Yip life is a bitch then you marry one
just go roll a fat one and the time will pass

I always use Ebay

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If I were to pay for Prime, it would be for the video streaming access, not the shipping. I typically receive whatever I ordered within 3 days of placing the order anyway, not worth the Prime shipping sub to bump it up one freakin' day, IMO.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
If amazon takes more than 2 days on my 2 day shipping I email them and they refund my shipping charges with no questions asked.

They refund your free shipping? Great!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Used to use Amazon for work supplies all the time but now they aren't our preferred provider so we pay 7-8 times more and wait who knows how long for stuff. They asked why my expenses went up in the 3rd quarter and I showed them a spreadsheet with my consumables on it and what they require me to pay. They told me to cut my purchasing by 50%. OK sure no problem. I'll start next year. Maybe.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Hedge against the request by putting in a provisioning system or purchase order system that shares your culpability with other witless participants.

Seriously, sharing the blame when you are trying to survive under bad management decisions is the only way to go.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join