It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: Netanyahu speaks at annual Jerusalem Post Diplomatic conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Netanyahu speaks at annual Jerusalem Post Diplomatic conference

Just tuned into this and its been quite entertaining, not sure how long or how left, but its feels like a powerpoint on whos the good guys and whos the bad guys in the war to come

edit on 6/12/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/12/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Can someone explain what's the big deal about the USA moving our Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? They're gearing up for riots over there, due to this decision from Presiden Trump.

If Israel wanted to move their embassy from Washington D.C. to New York, who would even care...let alone riot?

How can a foreign country's decision to move it's embassy from one Israeli city, to another Israeli city, set off such a firestorm?

The emotional reactions being shown by the News Media tonight make no sense. It's seems like people look for reasons to be upset. Like anger is food for their soul.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Can someone explain what's the big deal about the USA moving our Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? They're gearing up for riots over there, due to this decision from Presiden Trump.

If Israel wanted to move their embassy from Washington D.C. to New York, who would even care...let alone riot?

How can a foreign country's decision to move it's embassy from one Israeli city, to another Israeli city, set off such a firestorm?

The emotional reactions being shown by the News Media tonight make no sense. It's seems like people look for reasons to be upset. Like anger is food for their soul.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but:

Educate yourself about the world outside of the "U"SA, then you don´t have to ask such childish questions!
What are your news agencies doing, if you don´t know what that is all about? Do they only have the order to divide the people, fight the competitors, make lots of money but keep you unaware?

Last night i heard Prof. Irwin Collier of the John F Kennedy Institute saying that the average german citizen is way better informed by the MSM, about what is going on in the "U"SA and the world, than the the average "U"S citizen is.

This discussion was named:
North Korea and Israel - Trump on collision course?

Don´t you have something like this in the "U"SA?
How can one that allegedly is interested in world affairs, politics and stuff, not know what the problem is with moving the "U"S embassy to Jerusalem? The whole world is talking about nothing else anymore, because Trump is lightning yet another fire on earth, creating some new terrorists and enemies for the "U"SA, going on with destabilizing the whole region there, to the detriment of the rest of the world, that has to deal with refugee streams, for example.

You guys need nothing more than education over there, in the wild, wild west!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Stop being so hysterical. It is attitudes like yours that feed the frenzy of hatred against Israel and contribute to the terrorist's argument and justification of violence and carnage.

Israel is a nation with a country and a state. They can make their own decisions and the U.S can. Two DEMOCRATICALLY elected leaders have made this decision.

The rest of the world can be shocked, angry, whatever, but they have no right to impose on every little decision Israel make.

You act like because you don't agree with this that you are somehow better informed. I bet you ain't though. I don't think you are. i think you are indoctrinated by anti Semites without even knowing it and I think you are afraid and cower before terror if you think that we should not do anything because terrorists might not like it.

Tough cooky! The decision is made. TERROR can not be allowed to DICTATE what the free nations do. The threat of terror can not be seen to stop a country from progressing and asserting itself in its own territory. IS BULLYING AND SABOTAGE BY TERROR ACCEPTABLE in democratic decision making? Europe are being weak heart Liberals. With that kind of thinking we will all cower in terror. Sorry, but we are made of stronger stuff than that.

The U.S voted Trump in on this ticket. He clearly told the American electorate what he was going to do and they voted for it. Israel voted Netanyahu in and know what he has said he will do.

Who voted for the terrorist who goes round blowing up, stabbing, shooting and ramming everything that doesn't meet with his approval?

Get real, Mister.

No, terrorism, you will not stop decisions being made that are in the interest of the free world. We can't allow terrorism to sabotage our lives and stop us.

The world will have to get used to it. it will have to get used to even more shocking stuff than this in the future.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

And here we are in Palastina-vs-Israel-vs-theRestOfIslamicCountries!

The UK, too, for failing to establish a fair trade to the palastines in 1948..

Already too difficult? Well, thats about the opinion of the rest of the world. Besides Mr. Trump, it seems. He just rushes in, "LEEROY JENKINS!!!" it all to hell and leaves the room, seemingly satisfied.

It will become a clusterf*ck, because the situation was already way worse than you propably imagined.

Now it just rose to another level. Thank you, Trump.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Agreed.

Let me put it this way...If an Israeli emissary declared that Boston was the true capital of the USA and moved the embassy there would be hell to pay.

You don't tamper or interfere with foreign politics unless it's absolutely necessary-and the republicans don't seem to realize that.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

whos the good guys and whos the bad guys in the war to come

To come? The occupation of Palestine is ongoing for decades.

Lemmee guess, this is pat of the whole benevolent, benign Israel campaign.

They even gonna get an embassy building there somewhere.

Let me know when they put one in Gaza.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Instead of being so condescending why wouldn't you answer the question?
For someone who is telling everybody how ignorant they are and that they should educate themselves, you didn't demonstrated any knowledge in this area nor answered the proposed question.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Its about keeping Israel in the limelight. They don't care how they get there, just as long as they get to be on the world stage.

link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Really? You will blame this on the Republicans when you've had the Democrats cause the civil war in Syria and completely destroyed Lybia and turned it into a complete and utter mess? Not to mention the hand Bill Clinton and your democratic party had in the civil war in Yugoslavia?

Jerusalem is the capital city of Israel. Let's hope Trump does not allow his mind to be changed by the establishment

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Sorry, gonna have to make a point here, too.

You know, nobody blinks an eye if an Irish guy starts telling you how genetics proves they are different to everyone else and are some kind of chosen people, but what would happen if a Jewish guy or a Muslim guy did that? What about if a Black guy started telling you he has that different gene and he is so much more special?

I would never start using eugenic science and ideas (yes, it is that barbaric and belongs to the 1920s and 30s) to show that my or any race is somehow special. None of us are special. We are people and we come from the same place and ancestors originally, in the "origin of (our) species".

Israel get singled out for everything it does. It is like it is not allowed to behave like the rest of the world has done. It is a reestablished nation and it is going to have certain needs as any young state has. It is no more manipulated into existence than India or Pakistan. it is there because there is a people who have maintained their national identity and religion who, as a diaspora made full use of their instinct to survive and did rather well and became powerful enough in the West to reestablish Israel. That is how it is. It is Darwin's theory at work. Just as the nation was in sight Hitler did his best to wipe them out, yet they were so bent on survival that even that monster could not defeat them.

I think they have been very patient with the world to do this slowly and in stages. It is a hundred years now since Balfour. It has taken a hundred years just to get to the point where its closest ally will recognize its capital as the capital. Anything other than this would be cultural oppression. The world has to realize this. It has to realize this with ALL people, especially the not powerful Indigenous People. In this population stampede all minorities are in constant potential danger of annihilation and utter dispossession.

Here we have so many in the world condemning Israel and its closest ally just for its closest ally recognizing its capital. That stinks of oppression and denial of identity. That is no longer tolerable.

Should we deny Ireland Dublin as its capital because it wants to unite with the North and has conducted a campaign of terror in the past, even blowing up the government of the nation who its northern province WANTS to belong to democratically? Of course not because Dublin IS its capital. Should we ban America from having DC as its capital because it invaded and colonized a whole continent and genocided millions and millions of Indigenous People, as well as enslaving millions of yet another continent's Indigenous People. No, that can not be because Washington IS its capital.

Jerusalem IS Israel's capital. Israel was there long ago and has more of an excuse than the U.S because there never was a U.S before the settlers came.

It is about time that the Arabic nations stopped this. If they would stop funding terror and would recognize Israel then we would be 90 % there on the journey to peace and stability in the region.

Who really is destabilizing this region? It is not Trump because he has only been on the scene a short time. Might it be the nations that surround Israel who have hosted such slaughter continually upon their own countries, brothers and sisters even?

We can't bury our heads in the sand. We must move forward now and progress. Diplomacy is the answer and always has been. When we are talking we are not fighting. Israel is not going away. It is here to stay this time. It can't cave in to terror and demands that force oppression and dictates upon it and deny it even its very IDENTITY.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Not sure what to think right now. This could be a classic Trump move to create equity from nothing. It cost him and Israel very little to declare "his intention" to move the embassy, but it gain them much in term of a bargaining chip. All from nothing on either of their parts. I guess we have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's not an Israeli city, the area in question is under illegal Israeli occupation. If you didn't know, Israel is illegally occuping that area. Don't believe me? Do your research.

East Jerusalem was supposed to be the Palestinian capital, that was one of their most important points in the peace negotiations which are constantly being sabotaged.

The ignorance on this matter just boggles my mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Not sure what to think right now. This could be a classic Trump move to create equity from nothing. It cost him and Israel very little to declare "his intention" to move the embassy, but it gain them much in term of a bargaining chip. All from nothing on either of their parts. I guess we have to wait and see.

Trump move?

Kushner is the only visible one calling any shots!

Zionist lobbyists have won our presidency, again....

I am starting to think this whole blame Russia narrative is meant to deflect the Israeli agenda being carried out by the "Trump administation". Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Hope this doesn't escalate.
edit on 6-12-2017 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

It's not an Israeli city, the area in question is under illegal Israeli occupation. If you didn't know, Israel is illegally occuping that area. Don't believe me? Do your research.

You are the one who need to do some research. Jerusalem is an Israeli city. Most of the population living in Jerusalem is Israeli. The mayor is Israeli and it is under Israeli control.
I understand that Palestinians have some aspirations regarding Jerusalem. Which is fine by me. But in reality, it's an Israeli city.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but:

Educate yourself about the world outside of the "U"SA, then you don´t have to ask such childish questions!
What are your news agencies doing, if you don´t know what that is all about? Do they only have the order to divide the people, fight the competitors, make lots of money but keep you unaware?

Last night i heard Prof. Irwin Collier of the John F Kennedy Institute saying that the average german citizen is way better informed by the MSM, about what is going on in the "U"SA and the world, than the the average "U"S citizen is.

This discussion was named:
North Korea and Israel - Trump on collision course?

Don´t you have something like this in the "U"SA?
How can one that allegedly is interested in world affairs, politics and stuff, not know what the problem is with moving the "U"S embassy to Jerusalem? The whole world is talking about nothing else anymore, because Trump is lightning yet another fire on earth, creating some new terrorists and enemies for the "U"SA, going on with destabilizing the whole region there, to the detriment of the rest of the world, that has to deal with refugee streams, for example.

You guys need nothing more than education over there, in the wild, wild west!

NEVER start a reply to me with the word "Sorry". Your bluntness is appreciated! That's one reason why I like President Trump so much. He speaks his mind, and doesn't appreciate hearing B.S. from others.

The reason I asked those questions is because I know very little about politics in other parts of the world. That's by design. There's enough going on here in the USA to keep me occupied. I only become interested when the U.S. interjects itself into a situation. After this week, I will probably not give a thought to Israel again, until the next "big thing" involving the USA occurs.

But, I heard enough in the news today to satisfy my curiosity. The entire Jeruselum "matter" is nothing more than grown adults acting like rival gangs here in Chicago. That's it in a nutshell.

Happy Holidays, DerBeobachter!

top topics

join