It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Social Engineering in United States Television Commercials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I agree with you. That is most likely the connection they were making.

I was just after the point that we shouldn't "assume" anything. I imagine the advertisers would've failed that little test too. There's no doubt I didn't do so well lol.

But thank you for your honesty, and hopefully our little discussion will help others

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Thanks. I should have known better though.

I always get so pissed when I hear about someone getting assaulted just because they are wearing a turban, something a non-Muslim east Indian would likely be wearing. Not to say assaulting a Muslim is OK either, just the ignorance involved to begin with. At least I know better now thanks to you.

edit on 7-12-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm sure there's more that have mis-characterized than would admit it. I know it's happened to me. And I'd like to meet the man who aces that test on the first try lol

I've saved that link since I found it and am now catching all my friends who "know what they see" lol

Thanks for the great topic though. There's definitely some serious differences in marketing. Even when traveling from region to region it's mind blowing. I don't know if it's social engineering or if the advertisers are getting more specific research in their target audience. Maybe a little of both? Maybe a little chicken or egg dilemna? Hard to say. But noteworthy looking forward.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I saw a commercial just last night with an all-white family.
They had a special needs child.
sigh..

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So. Why is this happening?

Sounds like a lot of white males feel like their identities have been under assault by an unknown force.

edit on 10-12-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

So. Why is this happening?

Sounds like a lot of white males feel like their identities have been under assault by an unknown force.

Basically what my conspiracy devil has been whispering in my ear and why I brought this up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join