It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Anyone Can Make The CIA Worse, It’s Tom Cotton

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I notice this isn't being discussed on here and I think this is somebody all of us here on ATS should be concerned about.

www.youtube.com...

Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas to the left:

if Cotton gets the nod to replace Pompeo at the CIA, the results are almost certain to be disastrous.

First, Cotton is an ideologue to an extent beyond any CIA director except possibly William Casey during the Reagan administration. Since his election to the House in 2012, and then to the Senate two years later, Cotton has taken outspoken stances far to the right on every issue domestic and foreign.

Most notably, during the debate over the Iran nuclear deal, Cotton not only opposed the accord (as most Republicans did) but wrote a letter to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, claiming that President Obama had no authority to sign such an agreement and that the next Congress would override it—an act of unusually brazen partisanship that some said violated the Logan Act, which bars private citizens from engaging in foreign policy.

www.slate.com...

With Tillerson set to get the kick from as Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, current director of the CIA, is set to take his place. With Pompeo gone, Senator Cotton is almost a shoe in to take over that position and head the CIA.

The guy is a nutter. Text book definition of war hawk.

He's an avid supporter of torture techniques and he makes no secret of it. He also thinks war with Iran is a better alternative to diplomacy. He stated it was a credible option. He defended the NSA's use of drones during the Obama administration and has continued to advocate their expansion in use. Spying on American citizens? Cotton doesn't care, he supports it and pushed for Section 702, and the entirety of Title VII, of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) to be permanent.

It doesn't help the fact Trump has taken a liking to him either. He's the ultimate threat to the constitution and anybody who claims to be deeply constitutional in their political beliefs have no excuse to support him and the Trump Administration.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He's the true mad dog

One of Trump's puppies

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

All kinds of people could make it worse. Plus, it's always worse than any of us can imagine anyway.

Dismantling the entire agency is really the only way to keep it from getting worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

All of that DOOM...

Depends on this...

With Tillerson set to get the kick as Secretary of State...

Which is nothing more than baseless speculation that is highly likely to be very fake news.

Even most of the untrustworthy MSM stopped pushing that story a few days ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We really don't need any more loose cannons running around the administration.

Trump has a history of picking very unsuitable people for everything. I can't recall another administration with a turnover rate in personnel that's this high or that has picked so many poorly suitable people for office.

But, given that he has so many poor choices, perhaps it's as well that he's dragging his feet on filling other positions.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hmmm, he doesn't sound like the left's cup of tea.

That's enough endorsement for me to let him have a go at it....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So partisanship, politics, matters more to you than constitutional rights, privacy and the lives of the innocent?

How low have we drifted. Obviously not low enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sounds like a good choice to me. If the lefties get their panties in a twist, he's probably good for the job.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
His gay will help him triumph.
Google him.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You can't destroy the CIA by dropping a Cotton ball on it.
Or can you?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

So partisanship, politics, matters more to you than constitutional rights, privacy and the lives of the innocent?

How low have we drifted. Obviously not low enough.

Actually, we're the ones that are gonna fix it. It's already started....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

We really don't need any more loose cannons running around the administration.

Trump has a history of picking very unsuitable people for everything. I can't recall another administration with a turnover rate in personnel that's this high or that has picked so many poorly suitable people for office.

But, given that he has so many poor choices, perhaps it's as well that he's dragging his feet on filling other positions.

We were having this discussion last night. It seems high quality people don't "apply".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Tom, this is Kellyanne. You two will be working together.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

By appointing an obvious war hawk like Cotton to the CIA? Somebody who will make no bones about stepping on your constitutional rights?

Again this is all politics to you. You and many others over here don't care about the consequences so long as your side is scoring political points.

It's petty, it's childish, it's beyond belief.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

By appointing an obvious war hawk like Cotton to the CIA? Somebody who will make no bones about stepping on your constitutional rights?

Again this is all politics to you. You and many others over here don't care about the consequences so long as your side is scoring political points.

The only people I see trying to step on my Constitutional Rights at this moment are the Marxist Lefties wanting to create Hate Speech laws to slowly kill the 1st and those who want stricter gun laws to slowly kill the 2nd.

Like someone already mentioned, the CIA needs to be totally disbanded. If they want to go and work for the likes of Soros, then let Soros employ and pay them!

As a matter of fact, if Cotton had a D in front of his name, I would bet my life on it, that this thread never would have been authored by you?
edit on 1-12-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What is this? The third or fourth time that Tillerson is supposed to be getting fired?

Is this like an alternating thing?

One month you guys swear it will be Sessions and the next you run off after Tillerson and back and forth like windshield wipers?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Rex Tillerson will not be leaving the Secretary of State position until 2018.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Rex Tillerson will not be leaving the Secretary of State position until 2018.
www.nytimes.com...

Not to mention, I don't why they're so eagerly counting scalps here. It's as if they expect Trump to stay in power.

From the other thread, we all know that Trump is gone now because ... Flynn ... and then Pence will resign leaving Ryan who will nominate Hillary to be his VP, and then Ryan will just resign ... because it's the right thing to do.

Why ... when that happens, you know she'll clean house of all of these Trump holdovers and install her own people.

And there will be no one screaming about how it's improper or obstruction or anything like that because it will then be discovered that .... wait for it .... they serve at the pleasure of the president once again.

/fantasy

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sean Spicer waved off reports he's leaving the podium, telling reporters 'I'm right here.'

Steve Bannon never mentioned his intentions to resign to close allies, friends.

True. Tillerson may not be leaving after all. Who knows. Mainstream media. Fake news. Etc.

Also Trump says so.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What's an 'obvious war hawk'? How does that equate to constitutional rights?

Quit bleating, already. Your not going to change this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join