It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stellar Lumens XLM an Affordable Crypto Currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For those who want to get into a "cheap" crypto currency this maybe the one to research.

@ 9 cents this could be a very good growth currency. The idea is to make financial transactions super cheap and super fast. The only concern I have is that there are 103,471,840,067 XLM available. (A XLM is the crypto-coin that Stellar Lumens issue.) That is a lot of coins.
I did a shIt ton of research, but at the end of the day you have to act or not act. I pulled the trigger and put a whole $60 in about 2 months ago when it was @ .015 cents a coin.
I also own Ripple. Ripple is a competitor to Stellar Lumens (sort of).

Do you have any "affordable" crypto currencies that you are hot to trot on?

A look into the financials of Stellar Lumens.
coinmarketcap.com...

edit on 1-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yea I read those decimals wrong, my bad lol! Actually you have gained quite well since. I have an account opened with an exchange, but with one week before congress either deals with the debt ceiling or not, I want to see what happens then. I always like to shuffle my money into safe funds just prior to something financially/economically important like that.

Im just going to focus on Etherium, and maybe litecoin, they are the second and third best performing right now. However, I will look into the one you mentioned just to see what its pattern is over the last few years.

Was this a fairly new ICO or has it been around for a few?? So doign the math, your coins 4,000 coins are now valued at $360, marking a %600 RETURN IN TWO MONTHS. I like your style! Now, what will the turn around be from your intent to sell and delivery of your cash, and how big of a cut will the exchange take?
edit on 12-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

a reply to: worldstarcountry

There are hundreds and hundreds of up-and-coming cryptos. Many look promising.. only few will survive and even less will blossom into anything comparable to the other 3 that have been previously mentioned.

Personally I have a few I'm keeping my eye on from a close distance - SALT is one of them:

www.saltlending.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Actually I bought 3995 XLM @.015, the price is now .095. That is up 400%-ish. I think it was $60 for the Stellar and $4 for the transaction.

Anyway, I think that this is a worthy crypto to research. If it's not for you, that is fine.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Salt looks like a cool idea and an interesting concept.

1. Loan Creation - A borrower sends collateral to the SALT collateral wallet and funds are transferred to the borrower’s bank account. Collateral remains the property of the borrower and any price appreciation or depreciation belongs to the borrower.

2. Loan Repayment - A borrower makes timely, periodic payments to the lender.

3. Loan Completion - Upon repayment of the loan, the borrower’s collateral is returned.
saltlending.zendesk.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Dogecoin for this....

www.crypto-games.net...

Might be fun to mint our own coins...

www.fastcompany.com...
edit on 1-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No I'm just playing around with this. My better 1/2 and I talked and bought Ripple at .20 and .22 for a total of 4,000 coins. I bought a sh-load of Reddcoin with just a little research and it has gone no where. And of course we already discussed Stellar Lumens.

I am just going to hold the coins. Real Estate is where my for real investment is, we tried this after I did my usual over research. I liked what I heard about Ripple and Stellar. But there are new coins coming on line all the time.

By the way it ain't "easy" to buy these coins. There is quite the security measures, and that ain't a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If you want ideas on good coins to invest in, check THIS WEBSITE out. You can sort them by price and check out their websites to see what they're about, as well as see their charts. Bytecoin is $0.001735, so you could get over 57,000 of them for just $100, for example.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Biggest problem with SL for me is it's not completely decentralized. However, I'm a big fan of Lark and if you've made returns in crypto, more power to you!

Just not a fan myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you like the idea of minting as opposed to mining, you should have a peek at Cardano, more specifically, their Ouroboros staking algorithm. I'm a big fan of PoS as opposed to PoW (holding coins to secure the network compared to typical mining).

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Biggest problem with SL for me is it's not completely decentralized. However, I'm a big fan of Lark and if you've made returns in crypto, more power to you!

Just not a fan myself.

Lark? Can't find any info on that one. Is there a better name?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Lark is the guy in your video thumbnail. CryptoLark to be exact.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Got ya, I thought Lark was a crypto....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
For those who are new, Dogecoin is like the trollcoin of crypto. Started as a complete joke. Does that mean it wont pump now and again? Certainly not. Everything in crypto pumps on and off. I just wouldnt recommend dogecoin for much more future use or value, except for maybe novelty which will give it A value for a long time still.

Salt is a good one, its service is scheduled to be fully deployed this month, no specific date given. Lumens could be great long term, it is more of a cousin to Ripple than it is a competitor.

Omisego is a good safe one as well as EOS to and extent.

Caradano will be huge, if their algorithim works as planned. It has been mathematically proven but has not been released public yet. But their team is serious as it gets. They developed ADA for years without any kind of announcement to the public at all. Now the name is out there and they are still at work. I like Qash as well.

If you want a higher risk/potential higher reward. DNT or ZRX. Dnt is built on Zrx protocol so if one goes up they both do. Right now they are both near all time lows.

Zcash is one of only a few cryptos that is truly anonymous. And it has been around awhile - if anonymity is important to you. Good long term hold imo.

Coinmarketcap.com is just about the best single resource out there as it has links to nearly every cryptos website and markets in addition to the mcap stats it provides.

edit on 1-12-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Iota is definitely worth researching if your interested in a potential long term high return.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am heavily invested in Ripple XRP

Stellar is actually made by a co founder of Ripple who got salty and left.

Ripple does 1,500 transactions per second, and transfers money in 4 swconds at a cost of $.0003.

Ripple landed Bank of America and American Express as clients on their network.

Ripple XRP is only .23 cents right now, and a large portion of their currency (2 thirds) is going into escrow soon.

Do youraelf a favor and look.into Ripple. Its in 4th place behind Bitcoin in market cap, and plans to work WITH banks and government regulators instead of against them. (Which is why the crypto community hates them)

But if theres one thing you learn its that, the house always wins

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Ripple landed Bank of America and American Express as clients on their network.

Exactly why it's not worth my time. Your mileage may vary however.

It is my opinion that they are working for rather than with those banking partners.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Anything that is done over the internet sucks at best. Whenever the powers want to shut things down that will be the end of crypto. Gold and the silver are the only thing that is safe. a reply to: seasonal

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeah but in noticed you have to buy Bitcoin before you buy xlm.
Thus adding to the bitcoin craze.
...makes me think this construction is set up to add value to the bitcoin.
Smart move, but I'm not buying in to hot-air-play.
That's a bubble about to burst.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal... "affordable" crypto currencies...

whats affordable about that versus any other crypto? you could put $60 into ANY crypto.... its not like buying a product, its more like converting money from one currency to another, there is no minimum or maximum price. its whatever you choose to put in, hell i myself just put $50 into bitcoin...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join