It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: Latest missile launch was new type of ICBM capable of reaching entire US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well folks, seems the old chubster has finally placed the last nail in the coffin.

North Korea has claimed its latest launch was a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile, the Hwasong 15, which can hit all the US mainland. The announcement was made on North Korean state TV on Wednesday, following the launch on Tuesday (earlier Wednesday Pyongyang time). The missile flew some 1,000 kilometers eastward, according to the Pentagon, before falling in the Sea of Japan without causing any damage. Pyongyang's statement also declared that the North now has a full-fledged nuclear force. "North Korean leader Kim Jong-un announced that the country has realized the great historic cause of completing a state nuclear force," it said, as cited by Yonhap.

www.rt.com...

So what now?
edit on 28-11-2017 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

What now?

Duck and cover, get under your desk and start praying...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Worked for me.

Hey, we get the air raid sirens again, starting on Friday.
thehill.com...

This thread is a bit redundant though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
that missile went WAY the hell up there! [ technical term ]
we shall see.

link   

I live in So Cali, the danger has been real for me for quite awhile. I think its time for us to go in and bomb the hell out of all known military outposts. NOT with nukes, just heavy bombing. We could knock their military out in no time.

link   

He (Kim Jong) must be getting SERIOUS technical assistance from some nation. The Pentagon said today that if/when North Korea reaches the point that their missiles can re-enter the atmosphere in tact...nuke-warhead and all electronics...the threat to the U.S. mainland is then REAL.

Do his missiles have to ascend to outer-space in order to reach the U.S.? Flying inside the atmosphere at high altitude is not practical/possible?
edit on 11/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

If it went up as far as they say it did, then it could reach any spot on earth.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I live in So Cali, the danger has been real for me for quite awhile. I think its time for us to go in and bomb the hell out of all known military outposts. NOT with nukes, just heavy bombing. We could knock their military out in no time.

If they even think we are about to do that then they will FOR SURE shoot missiles at you in cali.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Food For Thought:

If a nuke goes off anywhere in the civilized world there will be panic, serious panic.

People will clean out the grocery stores in a matter of hours.

Store food. Months worth of canned / dry goods.

Do it now while you can.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No. The circumference of the Earth is about 25,000 miles. With a range of 8,100 miles, there are some places they can't reach. But no where anyone cares about.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. The circumference of the Earth is about 25,000 miles. With a range of 8,100 miles, there are some places they can't reach. But no where anyone cares about.

I thought if it goes into space the range gets extended much further than a missiles range in the atmosphere, or was that factored into the 8100 range?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you live anywhere other than DC or a big city they are aiming at, you may have to worry. They are more interested in getting it here than in what they hit. Not really predictable as to who is safe or in danger.

Maybe they will mess up and have it Hit Russia or China by mistake, or just go up and come straight down on Kims head. We could be that lucky
edit on 28-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I wouldn't be so keen to believe them. Their missle flew 1000 miles and fell into the sea. That's not the same as a confirmed ability to reach the US, which is roughly 4000 miles across. I seriously doubt they could reach hawaii. Or breach our missle defense for that matter. They would have better luck with a sub or a disguised passenger liner.

They are just throwing turds in a sandbox. Prob taking Trump's bait of short and fat jokes.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Can a nuclear missile stay "live" through flight, so that when a country intercepts it, the thing goes BOOM! and dumps radiation into the jet stream?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The 8,100 miles is based upon the altitude that the missile reached. It tells us what the engine(s) are capable of.

All long range ballistic missiles spend the great majority of their flight outside of the atmosphere.

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Food For Thought:

If a nuke goes off anywhere in the civilized world there will be panic, serious panic.

People will clean out the grocery stores in a matter of hours.

Store food. Months worth of canned / dry goods.

Do it now while you can.

I always have 4 months of dry goods in my home. Water would be my issue but hey I live in a place that rains like every day.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So now maybe actually try diplomacy.... NAH!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He (Kim Jong) must be getting SERIOUS technical assistance from some nation.

Yes I have been wondering about this. I just can't see them pulling this off without help from someone.

.......does north korea have it's own second generation project paperclip?(j/k)

all joking aside someone has got to be giving them a hand.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

All long range ballistic missiles spend the great majority of their flight outside of the atmosphere.

That's amazing. And terrifying.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I don't know. But Kim Jong is embarassing the hell out of our intelligence community. They can't keep up with North Korea's weapons advancements. As Donald Trump said in March, "He's one smart cookie".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join