It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: Latest missile launch was new type of ICBM capable of reaching entire US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

They had help from Russia and China during the last Korean war. I'd start there.

Yes but that was way back in the past . Their current rocket and atomic bomb advances seem to have happened very rapidly within the last few years.

I thought they were joking when they made the claim they could reach california.

Perhaps China or Russia is currently advancing their tech but giving NK the technology would seem to be a regional pain in the butt for both countries especially china who wants to maintain the status quo in that area.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

I don't see why it would need to be above ground to be fueled.
But they do know when our satellites are overhead.

I wonder if we knew about this launch much before it happened.

Wow..North Korea's tests just this year, show a troubling increase in efficiency and sophistication..including SOLID fuel.
Look at this list published tonight: www.therepublic.com...

President Trump must be torn over what to do. Kim is making him look like a WEAK President. But Trump knows that (most likely) thousands of innocent people will die if we strike first. I wonder if he worked out an agreement with China to remain neutral, when he visited that nation a few weeks ago?
edit on 11/28/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

There are indications that they may have acquired rocket engines from Ukraine, fairly recently.

I've heard China has a protection treaty (NATOish) with North Korea. Would they tear that up on Trump's say so?

edit on 11/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I would be more worried about this.

www.youtube.com...

Cosmic space junk is more dangerous than Kim Jong? (I didn't watch the whole video)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

There are indications that they may have acquired rocket engines from Ukraine, fairly recently.

I've heard China has a protection treaty (NATOish) with North Korea. Would they tear that up on Trump's say so?

I think that would depend on the situation.

If NORKS preemptively attacked the US, I think they would not want to risk "feeling the wrath".

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

China said that they would not come to North Korea's aid if NK took the first military action against an enemy.

link   
Yep,I reckon this will set things off now. Give it a few weeks and someone is gonna fold and push the hell button. Da fuc is wrong with people in power,and the world in general?

link   

Yeah.

This is what I was replying to:

But Trump knows that (most likely) thousands of innocent people will die if we strike first. I wonder if he worked out an agreement with China to remain neutral, when he visited that nation a few weeks ago?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So that means,basically...that China knows the US will hit first,then it gets worse,I think it does.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So maybe some Soviet era rockets that Ukraine had lying around collecting dust in exchange for some cash money.

Hope Ukraine checked to make sure the money wasn't counterfeit.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

New stuff, actually.

While acknowledging the rocket engine used to launch North Korea's most recent intercontinental ballistic missile is the same as the type of engine used by Ukraine-made space vehicles, Ukrainian space agency director Yurii Radchenko said the RD-250 engine technology transferred to North Korea was once used to power Cyclone-2 and Cyclone-3 space rockets supplied to Russia.

www.upi.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CaptainBeno

He (Kim Jong) must be getting SERIOUS technical assistance from some nation.

Yes I have been wondering about this. I just can't see them pulling this off without help from someone.

all joking aside someone has got to be giving them a hand.

Well, we know for a FACT that North Korea sent 21 Military leaders and Military Scientists to IRAN (for schooling/training?)after the last test launch in September. Two months later, we now see another significant uptick in North Korea's capability. Coincidence?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So, the next development will the detonation of a missile-launched H-bomb by North Korea.

Since NK doesn’t really have the naval resources to safely secure an area large enough and remote enough in the ocean to risk a detonation at sea.

Which means a really fantastic fireworks display is likely in our near future.

Assuming, of course, that no one goes off half-cocked and starts Armageddon!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

So that means,basically...that China knows the US will hit first,then it gets worse,I think it does.

The fact that China will help to "defend" North Korea if we strike first, is yet another reason why the U.S. is showing restraint...in addition to the many many men/women/children who would be killed.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

China said that they would not come to North Korea's aid if NK took the first military action against an enemy.

I don't see why china doesn't stage a coup in north korea and then rule it as a puppet state.

They got to be gritting their teeth over the current regime and the threat it poses to the stability in the area.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well, we aren't absolutely sure that they have a thermonuclear device, or one that can ride a rocket.

But it's prudent to proceed as if they do.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Why would they want to run that hot mess? They have their own country to maintain and are pretty much non-expansionist.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Why would they want to run that hot mess? They have their own country to maintain and are pretty much non-expansionist.

Yeah your probably right.

I was thinking along the lines that it still remains north korea officially but behind the scenes puppets that are controlled by china are put in place.

Of course regime changes can be messy as we learned with Iraq and things don't always go as planned. So maybe china doesn't want to interfere in that hot mess.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well, we aren't absolutely sure that they have a thermonuclear device, or one that can ride a rocket.

But it's prudent to proceed as if they do.

Well, we weren’t absolutely sure that they had an ICBM capable of reaching Washington, D.C. (assuming they have the targeting precision to achieve that feat) until we saw that they did.

As for prudence, if the last year had shown us anything, the poor girl has been a bit of a wallflower, hasn’t she?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I would be more worried about this.

www.youtube.com...

Cosmic space junk is more dangerous than Kim Jong? (I didn't watch the whole video)

Here I made a short thread about it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join