It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A botched sting with a phony Roy Moore ‘accuser’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
While we wait for the bombs to drop... have you even considered that the WAPO fell for a trap?

Will have to wait and see what unfolds, but I haven't seen the WAPO pull anything like this ever....

They even had their own video camera man at the Veritas sting LMAO!!!

I may eat crow, but.... I don't think so... just saying..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And in a world where WaPo is constantly attacked and their sources doubted -- with many here even claiming they push stories based on "phony sources" ...

How is this merely 'interesting'?

It shows that they do vet their sources. Normally something like this would never be published by an organization like the Washington Post, but because of all the "FAKE NEWS!!!" accusations, they've literally been forced to show their entire investigative process behind vetting sources.

The second article I linked to is much more thorough. It would be one hell of an "investigative ATS thread" if there ever was one, but then again this is the Washington Post, not ATS -- we should expect more from an organization with over 140 years of history.

Just because a media outlet publishes something you don't like doesn't mean that their facts are made up, fake, or wrong. That's *&^%^ for brains logic.

I'll read Breitbart. I'll read Daily Caller. I always dig a bit deeper behind their claims to see what's intentionally being left out, however. And more often than not there are granules of truth even in those rags (burried deep under a heavy helping of bias, misinformation, retracted information, zero context ect).

To be blunt, there's simply a whole hell of a lot less of that with the Washington Post. And I say this not because they say things I agree with. I say this because I have applied the same level of skepticism to all news outlets. More often than not, I find a lot less "creative bias" with WaPo than Breitbart, Daily Caller, True Pundit and Russia Today. In fact, you don't usually have to dig deeply to see how the headlines are out of context, the statistics skewed, the "rest of the story" totally left out.

And I (and others) raise those issues here on ATS. Daily. Despite that, the daily news cycle always offers up something new before anyone has to really take a tough stand and try and defend these far-right news outlets. It's easy to defend them when you can just bounce out of the debate and move to the next alarmist headline they're pushing. How convenient!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
To add... to this sting deal.. amazing that the GOPe has dusted off a Marine Colonel to present himself as the write in candidate for ALA Senate.... funny how that guy was at a Doug Jones fundraiser...

Is this GOPe part 2 effort that failed in UTAH last year with CIA Egg McMuffin?

We must be on the right track if the UNIPARTY is pulling out all the ammo for an Alabama Senate seat...

MAGA!!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
They literally confirmed she was working for O'Keefe's outfit after doing background research on her. I'm not sure how any more clear cut it can get.

It's going to take a lot more mental energy trying to contort this around to work as a pro-Moore, anti-WaPo thing.

In the end, denial of objective reality only serves to harm the conspiracy theorist community.

amen! it does, however, make for a fascinating study in human psychology. how far can things be twisted to alleviate that ol' cognitive dissonance headache? to the moon and back.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

that's what I call fake ne... oh wait..

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nice. I remember the fake NSA document.

I guess if you can't prove the news is fake you engineer it to be.
Cheat, lie why not?
It's all the rage these days. I can't even imagine how crass future generations will be with this kind of example being set.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

But still the fakes are being set up.
And they are vetting them out.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're all for setting them up to fall aey?

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Looks to me like Project Veritas already got footage and it's been posted showing a Wapo reporter admitting they disliked Trump and that it drives their coverage.

As for the OPs assertion that Wapo having caught Project Veritas somehow did the reverse of discrediting the Roy Moore accusers, that is simply false. It did no such thing.

Looks like they didn;t catch Project Veritas in time

edit on 28/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So what. Everybody hates trump.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

More falsehoods

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I disagree with the credibility you give WAPO..

which is fine, WAPO has shown its swamp colors going back years...

I choose to hold their material as "tongue in cheek" fluff for the sheep...

YMMV

It's true, just as we're reminded that a Washington Post reporter had to give up her Pulitzer Prize for a fake news story dating back to 1981.

"WASHINGTON POST GIVES UP PULITZER, CALLING ARTICLE ON ADDICT, 8, FICTION"

April 16, 1981...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's really amazing, the hard right are attempting to discredit sexual assault victims by paying actors to make false allegations all so that they can defend a pedophile.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Doesn’t this flatly debunk The Whole “liberal media “ theory??

If the Washington Post was out to get republicans, then they publish this story right??
edit on 28-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

They think if they can discredit one they discredit all. So send in a fake. Get them to publish the false story then prove how biased and careless the MSM is for printing a fake story.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

No they didn't fall for it.
That's the whole point of this story. LOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yeah they did. Lol

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Nope. Everybody hates him.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

1981 ???

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What fun. What a farce. Defend the pedo. That's republican values in action..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join