It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conyers steps aside from Judiciary post amid sex allegations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: xuenchen

Charges aside, WTF is this guy still doing in Congress????

He wants to break Dingell's record as longest serving congressman, IIRC.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
U.S. Congressman John Conyers is stepping away from his seat on the House Judiciary Committee.

This announcement comes in the middle of his scandal(s) involving sexual harassment.

He's been in Congress for many years and apparently "settled" some kind of case a while back.

Lots of problems with politicians lately.

Conyers steps aside from Judiciary post amid sex allegations

Michigan Rep. John Conyers, under investigation over allegations he sexually harassed female staff members, said Sunday he will step aside as the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee while fiercely denying he acted inappropriately during his long tenure in Congress.

In a statement, the 88-year-old lawmaker made clear he would prefer to keep his leadership role on the committee, which has wide jurisdiction over U.S. law enforcement, from civil rights and impeachment of federal officials to sexual harassment protections.

But Conyers acknowledged maintaining the post would be a distraction “in light of the attention drawn by recent allegations made against me.”

“I have come to believe that my presence as ranking member on the committee would not serve these efforts while the Ethics Committee investigation is pending,” he said. “I cannot in good conscience allow these charges to undermine my colleagues in the Democratic Caucus, and my friends on both sides of the aisle in the Judiciary Committee and the House of Representatives.”

He was a great guy for us in Michigan all these years. But he's 88 now. Time to go anyway....Maybe he can take Grandpa Trump with him......

Who of us wants our Grandpas running the country??????

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Fox News has an interesting article about John Conyers.
Seems he mentioned the Chandra Levy case after his sexual advances were rebuffed by an intern.

A former congressional intern reportedly says she, too, was a victim of inappropriate sexual contact by now-retired Rep. John Conyers, saying Conyers even claimed during that encounter to have “inside information” on then-missing federal intern Chandra Levy. 

She took it as a threat.

Morse said Conyers wrapped his hand around hers while it was in her lap and said he was interested in a sexual relationship, the newspaper reported.

Conyers "said he had insider information on the case. I don’t know if he meant it to be threatening, but I took it that way,” Morse told The Post. “I got out of the car and ran.”

<< 1  2   >>

join