It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conyers steps aside from Judiciary post amid sex allegations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So the difference is ownership of the behavior.

Manning up in Franklyns case.
Not so much in Conyors case but stepping down from an exposure role to avoid strife to the committee.
Never in trumps case.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So the difference is ownership of the behavior.

Manning up in Franklyns case.
Not so much in Conyors case but stepping down from an exposure role to avoid strife to the committee.
Never in trumps case.

If I was accused of something I didn't do? I could damn sure tell you I would NEVER acquiesce due to the climate of sexual assault that is currently in progress! Call sexual assault the new modern day political witch hunt, because that is exactly what it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

There's a statute of limitations under the law true. Not morally however.
People can condemn him any time for his bad behavior. They will do that at the ballot box.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Still waiting for trump to own up. No I won't hold my breath.

He's already unwittingly done that. Let's not forget that (sad, yet informative) tape with Billy Bush.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

All of them that were ever accused had their restitution paid by the tax payers. Yeah a regular boys club. Keep it quiet. Every body signs a NDA... both parties. Takes a few months of "are you sure you want to do this" counseling. I mean really! And in the end the victim almost always loses her job.
The whole system stinks.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hold on while I look to see where I said that...
Nope.
You have me confused with someone else.
Sorry.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hold on while I look to see where I said that...
Nope.
You have me confused with someone else.
Sorry.

Then it's political. Politicians (R&D) are using our tax monies as a hush fund. How is this not political?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If you were accused by nineteen different people you'd have some explaining to do.

In trumps case we heard him admit to the very behavior being alleged.
And he still denies it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That's the one he's now saying wasn't even him. A year later he changed it from, "oh it was just locker room talk", to "thats not even me".

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It's political personalities yes. It's not politics.
Unless they start changing laws due to this.
Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That's the one he's now saying wasn't even him. A year later he changed it from, "oh it was just locker room talk", to "thats not even me".

No! lol. I missed that one. What an oaf!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Trump has a lot more than explaining to do. We will be calling for a full investigation into the sixteen sexual misconduct allegations that have been made against him.

Now he's denying its him on the Access Hollywood tape.
Setting up a real defense against them already. Then he'll say...there's no proof, no evidence, like sexual predators are not very good at making sure there's no evidence or proof and when there is deny deny deny until...just like last year...let the issue expire...people just move on and don't do a thing... Forget about it ...
I don't hold out much hope for any kind of change in the power hold of men over women in the work place or anywhere else. This fervour will peter out and in the end the behaviour will continue and people who know about it will keep quiet so as not to make waves and they'll say things like boys will be boys and it's locker room talk or hey he's an alpha male. And pat each other on the back. And women will still be victimized.
Sigh...

How can he do that? He's already admitted it...and 'apologised'
Forby that, he's already admitted as much to Howard Stern in regard to his 'dirty old man' antics at the MW pageants.
As well as that, he was going to sue all the women, and the Post, and the NYT and all concerned in any of those allegations against him, and so far he hasn't.
So if he has forgotten his 'apology' for his locker room talk, you can only say that the ol' bap has gone altogether!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If you were accused by nineteen different people you'd have some explaining to do.

In trumps case we heard him admit to the very behavior being alleged.
And he still denies it.

Not really.....in the world of money and politics it would be quite easy to find 19 people down and out to make up a story!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That's not the world we live in though. You said "I." Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

P.S. Is that what you think happened to trump. These women were all paid to lie?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: angeldoll Well by that logic then Trump may have some explaining to do. Honestly John should be tried amd serve his days locked up.

Trump has a lot more than explaining to do. We will be calling for a full investigation into the sixteen sexual misconduct allegations that have been made against him.

Have a nice day.

Ahh yes,

So, Trump was a billionaire for how many decades?
He ''apparently'' assaulted these women's ''decades ago''
Them all coming forward during an election is just a coincidence right?
None of them wanted to air their allegations or sue in the past few decades right?
These women completely vanishing and shutting up after the election is just a coincidence right?

Are you able to think for yourself or do you soley rely on the media?
edit on 26/11/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

P.S. Is that what you think happened to trump. These women were all paid to lie?

This isn't about Trump! It is about a TOXIC political climate that is going to bring the country to it's knee's due to people hell bent on torches and pitch forks versus innocent until proven guilty!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

a reply to: angeldoll Well by that logic then Trump may have some explaining to do. Honestly John should be tried amd serve his days locked up.

Have a nice day.

Ahh yes,

None of them wanted to air their allegations or sue in the past few decades right?
These women completely vanishing and shutting up after the election is just a coincidence right?

What do you rely on? Nevermind. Once that's been said, it's like an echo chamber. HELLO! hello! hello!
It's yo thing. Do whatcha wanna do. I can't tell you who to sock it to. I just hope you're not proud of it, it's rather vacuous, and sort of copy-cat-ish.

So, you don't believe the accusations bear looking into? Should we simply decide all these women are lying, and forget about it?
Weinstein? Moore? Anybody who denies it we should take their word? That's a rather scary thought for the females in the world. Do you know any women you love? Do you have a mom? wife? daughter? Just wondering.

When women are sexually assaulted that gives them no recourse except to keep quiet about it, since all the assailant has to do is deny it.
Unless, of course, you don't believe women are ever sexually assaulted. In which case, we have nothing left to discuss.

edit on 11/26/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Have a nice day.

Ahh yes,

I reread you post, and apparently you are the one who needs to engage in reading more media. Complaints have been filed, lawsuits have been filed, and he has settled them with money. He's bought them off. There has even been an eye witness to one.

Brace yourself. It will happen. It might be the thing that forces him out of office.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join