It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conceal Carry and Caution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: redhorse

I'm sensing an EMO wife but to be fair Combat arms PTSD?

What is EMO?

He was medical and never saw combat, no PTSD.

I shoot. I have my own guns for hunting, home defense, shooting rattlesnakes, etc., but I do not do a conceal carry because I do have PTSD (not from the military).

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

EMO tional

A MEDIC and you're worried about HIS thinking?
Relax.
5 people who walked by you today are WAY worse and HE is aware.
I mean I was a 19D SCOUT I acted on reflex, I could see MY wife worrying BUT a healer ,NO WAY.
Civilians are losing their minds ,Jihadist infiltrators ...It's a wise choice in a country going stupid.
edit on 21-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

EMO tional

A MEDIC and you're worried about HIS thinking?
Relax.
5 people who walked by you today are WAY worse and HE is aware.
I mean I was a 19D SCOUT I acted on reflex, I could see MY wife worrying BUT a healer ,NO WAY.
Civilians are losing their minds ,Jihadist infiltrators ...It's a wise choice in a country going stupid.

*sigh

And I have a bachelors in psychology and I've been in rougher scenarios than he has ever been in. I know people and I know violent people, including violent cops. My people sense, threat assessment and situational awareness is better, even he would tell you that. I don't carry because I think the threat from law enforcement is more problematic than actual criminals. That's it.

He can have the gun. He just needs to be smart about it and getting all stubborn about 2nd amendment rights and feeling entitled to walk into any business regardless of their policies because of it, pretending like cops don't get stupid or just turn into ego tripping jerks and not paying attention to his surroundings because he is armed is dangerous.
edit on 21-11-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Ego tripping jerks...It's NOT that simple(AND YOU KNOW IT) TRUST me I have seen your kind since the 70s for brain damage that NO ONE knew I had it but me.
The COPS are reactionary via selection and training methods ALONE.
Toss in corruptions cover ups and if you are in a larger city I think as he.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Ego tripping jerks...It's NOT that simple(AND YOU KNOW IT) TRUST me I have seen your kind since the 70s for brain damage that NO ONE knew I had it but me.
The COPS are reactionary via selection and training methods ALONE.
Toss in corruptions cover ups and if you are in a larger city I think as he.

It is that simple far too often and you know it.

I smell a cop, or a wanna be cop.

You don't know two things about "my kind", which is kind of funny, because most cops think that they have me pegged too and they are dead wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

HARDLY you are OFF scent lady and the post is about you and your husband not YOUR attempts at speculation.
I SAID all, you need to ask your husband WHAT a scout is.
NOW ask how we trained in the 80s...
My brother is a 20 year Detective and I would GLADLY kill my own prisoners...NOT a cop,shouldn't BE a cop and I know it.
ARTIST now,EVEN your BA can't baseline here toots..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

HEVEN your BA can't baseline here toots..

BS not BA actually... toots. And I'll still stand by "wannabe cop".

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Cops kill the targets in error.
I wouldn't care.
YOU are the one looking for marital ADVICE because of mistrust by the way ...BEST work on that ,WITH HIM .not us.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I think he is behaving irresponsibly with that gun by not taking these factors into account, the potential risk from law enforcement and not remaining vigilant and aware of his surroundings. Also, it's rude and potentially risky to not let me know that he has the gun in my opinion. He says that I am overestimating the risk from law enforcement. Who is right here guys?

Conceal Carry means the average person doesn't know you have it, so the vast majority just don't know. Legality wise unless the place is listed by the law you can carry no matter how many signs they have. If they can see then I guess you are not concealed, and even then all they can do is ask you to leave.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Have you had this fear of weaponry a long time?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You are both right.

You - In the terms that he should be more vigilant when carrying, not less.

Him - Cops are not going to sweat it for the most part (especially in the south) unless he looks suspicious or is doing something suspicious. As a former cop, I was always of the camp that more people should be carrying instead of depending on cops to be everywhere. The world would be a lot safer with more people carrying (as long as they are aware).

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Great post. Gun owners in the USA seem to be like smokers, they think the rules don't apply and that no one's going to tell them that they can't take their gun somewhere, or can't smoke somewhere.

For gun owners, that attitude will eventually escalate into an argument with someone who tries to tell them that they can't bring their gun in somewhere, and someone's going to get shot.

If your husband shoots someone because they told him to obey signs, he will end up in jail, second amendment or not.

I'm in Canada, and the open carry concept is really foreign to us. We enjoy gun ownership with sensible gun control, and our gun crime is way less than what the United States has, with a very, very similar culture.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Cops kill the targets in error.
I wouldn't care.
YOU are the one looking for marital ADVICE because of mistrust by the way ...BEST work on that ,WITH HIM .not us.

Nobody is looking for marital advice. I've gotten a lot of good information on the law and how the law can be interpreted and also a bunch of macho horsesh** from a$$holes who are throwing a wall eyed fit about me having the audacity to question my husband's judgement when it comes to this CC, and an equal amount of horsh** from people that are offended that I paid attention to someone acting weird in a theatre, (which somehow still amounted to questioning my husbands judgement). I guess because I'm not willing to just blindly let my "man" take care of things it's offensive and people are getting their panties in a dreadful bunch over that.

I think that there are pitfalls with CC, and pretending like they aren't there is stupid. I think that they can be addressed, but he and anyone else carrying concealed should be thinking about them.

Also, if you don't want to get involved in what you see as "marital advice" than STFU.
edit on 21-11-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Where we live, it's now legal to carry most anywhere. Places can post a sign, but all they can legally limit it open carry. The police don't have any issue with it, and people do carry a lot of weapons around here. Much open carry, too, for the record. I have yet to see anyone bothered by that. I will carry anywhere I go, save someplace like a courthouse, where it's not legal, or on post, because I refuse to register, to be able to do so. Seldom in either of those places, though, so not a big deal. I can totally understand his point of view. By rights, we should be allowed to carry wherever we go.

For your theater situation, I'd guess he didn't perceive any threat from the guy, so didn't notice him. That's not necessarily a lack of awareness, as much as knowing when to worry, and when to not worry.

As for the police, why would he risk being shot, for simply carrying concealed? If he has a legitimate need to draw the weapon, that's the only way I can see police even being aware, and that's assuming they are on site at the time. As far as that's concerned, I am sure you won't claim, as a supporter of the 2'nd, that no one should carry, because the police could shoot them. So, I guess I don't see an issue with what he's doing. As for not letting you know, that's a separate issue. He could be doing that believing it would make you worry less, but clearly, that isn't the result. Honesty there is better.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Lets see I gotta use some bullsh*t here...
YOU are your OWN VALIDATION ,confront and weigh your choices ,you big chicken.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Great post. Gun owners in the USA seem to be like smokers, they think the rules don't apply and that no one's going to tell them that they can't take their gun somewhere, or can't smoke somewhere.

For gun owners, that attitude will eventually escalate into an argument with someone who tries to tell them that they can't bring their gun in somewhere, and someone's going to get shot.

If your husband shoots someone because they told him to obey signs, he will end up in jail, second amendment or not.

I'm in Canada, and the open carry concept is really foreign to us. We enjoy gun ownership with sensible gun control, and our gun crime is way less than what the United States has, with a very, very similar culture.

I see what you're saying, but I don't know if arrogance is the whole story. There is risk assessment there. As another poster brought up, the criminals are going to ignore the signs so I think that factor is part of why CC'er's ignore them too, but they just flat refuse to acknowledge that the cops don't necessarily know that you are a Good Guy with a Gun and if someone calls the police, it could go badly.

He just didn't notice him. He does that, as I said, his situational awareness is not great, and when he carries, it's almost non existent. It's weird.

I know that if someone confronted my husband and told him he couldn't bring his gun into a place he would listen, but that's him. I suppose there are plenty that would get pissy and certainly a few (as this thread has illustrated) that might get stupid.
edit on 22-11-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join