It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Recent extra-solar passerby -- a 'highly-elongated', maybe 'high-metal-content' object.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

It may be the Great Impregnator spreading life across the galaxy.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Reminds me of the Apollo 20 footage

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Ha ha ha Spaceballs, dark helmet

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This is the Second one to come from deep space!
(or is this the same one from before?)

first one come to see what they would find.
and to land a first strike team.
see if we shoot at them.

the long ship! to fast & big to stop.
so it sent down landing crafts.
it will then use the orbit of other planets to come back.

This Fits ALL the Sci-Fi stories!!!
They are Here!

edit on 22-11-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is a UFO alright, because it is an Unidentified flying object.

Most people get the concept of the UFO wrong, just because you don't know where it came from doesn't mean it contains little green men or whatever, but as a star gazer it does seem anomalous.

My only theory is that it may be a baby comet or other stellar phenomena, other than that I have no answers but unless there is a confirmed logical explanation then it should be classified as a Unidentified flying object.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Link to the paper published in NATURE, November 1, 2017

LINKY

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Aliensun

Listen: If that thing isn't tumbling on one or more axis then it is artificially controlled.

If rotating only on one axis, then that motion may be inducing an artificial gravity on to the ship.

If traveling smoothly as a bullet, one end first, then it is a ship with artificial gravity for the beings aboard.

59,000 miles per hour (95,000 kilometers per hour) is stooooopid slow for interstellar travel. Do you suppose they slowed down to get a better look at our solar system?

Perhaps? Perhaps it used solar sail like technology to slow it's approach and then to accelerate it's departure?
Perhaps it is purely a technological vehicle without life?
Perhaps it is an interstellar abandoned ship?
Perhaps ET in suspended animation?

Where's it going? Scientists think the object is heading toward the constellation Pegasus and is on its way out of our solar system.

Among Pegasus’ more remarkable features are its numerous galaxies and objects.

Another star in this constellation, 51 Pegasi, is the first Sun-like star known to have a planet orbiting around it.

www.space.com...

In 1995 astronomers announced that they had discovered a planet, 51 Pegasi B, in orbit around its star, 51 Pegasi - the first exoplanet found orbiting a star similar to the Sun.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Water spotted in the atmosphere of nearby hot Jupiter exoplanet

Detected over 20 years ago, 51 Pegasi b was the first known “hot Jupiter” – a Jupiter-like world orbiting close to its star.

www.newscientist.com...

Maybe the object is out conducting a survey of systems?

Yes, of course it is possible or even likely that it is a funny looking rock, but it is also possible that it is vehicle.

And if so then why wouldn’t hey go into orbit around earth at least a few times for observational purposes? Seems a bit of a waste to just fly straight by doesn’t it?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
This chart shows whence and whither on the celestial sphere the object is moving.

Since it takes millions of years to move from star to star, the stars that are NOW in the direction it came from -- Vega and others -- were NOT in that direction when it began its journey.

Do objects that come in at an unusual vector such as this pose a greater risk to impacting earth? if we are a disk shaped galaxy and the asteroid belt and other planets, moons and object spin around us grinding up in bound objects, then wouldn't the odd shot from "above" or "below" have the potential to reach us unimpeded?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well , then the mass of this object had to be considerably big in relation of its size that the sun could get grip on this thing?
edit on 0b35America/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 12:11:35 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 12:11:35 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Jim I would like you to please sir respectfully respond to my previous proposal? What is your thoughts on that?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
dont forget the big shadow on mars that looked like this too

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
With the recent news of super high unexplained radiation levels over Russia....

I wonder if the Cauldrons fired off a few shots at this solar system invader?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

This is exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
out of curiosity? Anyone know how much iron is need to shut down the suns fusion/fission generator?

Before anyone wants to dispute this go learn about the sun first.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

originally posted by: JimOberg

Has anyone noticed the irony?

In the film "Contact", the first-ever alien communication came from Vega in Lyra.

Question for Mr. Oberg -

What cosmic forces would be required to form an asteroid of this shape?

All you're justified is asking is about an asteroid with this light curve. The shape remains a deduction from the observation, not a direct observation.

I'm not a scientist. I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain what this light curve is and what causes it?

It means that telescopes were not powerful enough to get an image of it that was better than a dot. It is small and space is big. The light curves were the time series of the brightness vs time, and the rough geometry is inferred from that and knowing where the Sun is.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It boggles the mind that we can look at the other end of the universe with our telescopes, but cannot image a rock right in our backyard.

I think the excuse stinks.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It boggles the mind that we can look at the other end of the universe with our telescopes, but cannot image a rock right in our backyard.

I think the excuse stinks.

Agreed!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Do you know what the "excuse" is?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lurker1

Do you know what the "excuse" is?

They never name it.