It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Recent extra-solar passerby -- a 'highly-elongated', maybe 'high-metal-content' object.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Missing matter anyone?

it spins on its axis every 7.3 hours.

Just a rock. Bummer, I was hoping to read it was a probe getting a stellar gravity assist.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Everyone “assuming” it’s axis rotation is forgetting that in space there are more than just end over end or “spinning” flat as it were ...

There are more “axis” in space than there are in earths gravity, much like how a diver can move in water
edit on 11/21/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Trajectory data from the science paper.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Missing matter anyone?

Run a rough calculation of how many of these you'd need to make up all the dark matter. It just doesn't add up. I used to wonder about that myself.

As long as we don't detect a little ball come out of a tube of light next to it I think we'll be ok.

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Everyone “assuming” it’s axis rotation is forgetting that in space there are more than just end over end or “spinning” flat as it were ...

There are more “axis” in space than there are in earths gravity, much like how a diver can move in water

I'm pretty sure you've confused yourself here. You can still only rotate along a maximum of 3 axis in space, or underwater. This is a result of there only being 3 spatial dimensions. What you're referring to is that the axis can be oriented in any direction. That's true in earth's gravity as well. Also, while you're underwater on earth, you're still in earth's gravity, buoyancy just makes it feel like you're not.
edit on 21 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

Edit to remove what I edited to add. It's too early for this.
edit on 21 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well Jim thanks for Posting ,

The Object Look like a lot of things in the UFO Believers Camp
( like my Self )

Ring Makers of Saturn , the So called Apollo 20 Mission Craft.. , the Common
1920s to 40s Pulp Fiction Space Craft, , RAMA.. Etc

Could be Fragment of a Planet that Survived interstellar Space ,
there for being mostly Metallic

Too Slow For a Alien Craft , I assume for Interstellar ,

The Object May not be from our Galaxy!

seeing we have Dwarf Galaxies that are Closer too Our Solar system
then we are too our own Milkyway Center .

as 3 are Merging into Our Own ..

for fun , it just may be a Alien Probe Passing By
, and got all the data it need of our Planet
from the pass by.. just a interstellar Mapper like Google Perhaps

is it FAR Fetched JIM! ??

not the Slightest seeing ,

US Earthens had done the Same since the 70s
Voyager 1 n 2 and Pioneer 10 ,11

List of artificial objects leaving the Solar System
en.wikipedia.org...

but from a Young Star Vega ?

something Carl Sagan would loved to Hear ( Contact )

well who knows ...

still amazing of those Mega structures
around a Star KIC 8462852

not too long ago..

but then again a perfect way to travel on a Metallic Rock ..

but a Ballistic like Object ? unless it was Designed to Enter a Planets Atmosphere

its the ONLY Purpose as the Same doesn't mean a DAM thing in space .
IF its Artificial that is ..

If the Object Changed Direction ( Course ) that would of been something.

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago11324 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Maybe its my Rokh Battlecruiser from Eve Online. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When I first heard this report, the first thing I thought of was Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous With Rama

The "Rama" of the title is an alien starship, initially mistaken for an asteroid categorised as "31/439". It is detected by astronomers in the year 2131 while it is still outside the orbit of Jupiter. Its speed (100,000 km/h) and the angle of its trajectory clearly indicate it is not on a long orbit around the sun, but comes from interstellar space. The astronomers' interest is further piqued when they realise the asteroid has an extremely rapid rotation period of 4 minutes and is exceptionally large. It is named Rama after the Hindu god,[6] and an unmanned space probe dubbed Sita is launched from the Mars moon Phobos to intercept and photograph it. The resulting images reveal that Rama is a perfect cylinder, 20 kilometres (12 mi) in diameter and 54 kilometres (34 mi) long, and almost completely featureless, making this humankind's first encounter with an alien spacecraft.

Of course, this object is considerably smaller than the "Rama" craft of the story...I just thought it was and interesting coincidence do to the unusual shape of our latest interstellar visitor.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Run a rough calculation of how many of these you'd need to make up all the dark matter. It just doesn't add up. I used to wonder about that myself.

I used to think that space between stars was clear of rocky debris, the stars having contained it in their gravitational fields. Then this visitor shows up. Its only one confirmed yes, but it is dense material, and happens to be on an interstellar track.

I wonder how many we missed, or we think are from our own Oort?

Just one aspect of missing matter though, maybe. 'Guesstimates' about stellar mass, black hole density, and numbers of dark singularities wandering the cosmos...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While I'm sure it's just an oddly shaped rock, there is a part of my mind that imagines it to be a long dead space ark/alien ship. The ship is drifting aimlessly through the galaxy for hundreds of millions of years.

If we could get there, we would find a battered & bruised giant ship of the dead. All crew long-gone as it drifts through space. Pretty sure that is how bad movies start.

~Winter

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Pretty cool interstellar object/meteor ! But I guarantee you it will ONLY stay a meteor(according to TPTB), even if it not tumbling around on multiple axis’s like a natural object, or any other indication that it is intelligence controlled.
There probably has been many sensational objects like this discovered in the recent past, but we were never told because there existence doesn’t fit the narrative.
We are only told about this one because because they know amateur astronomers will most likely find this anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11
Pretty cool interstellar object/meteor ! But I guarantee you it will ONLY stay a meteor(according to TPTB), even if it not tumbling around on multiple axis’s like a natural object, or any other indication that it is intelligence controlled.
There probably has been many sensational objects like this discovered in the recent past, but we were never told because there existence doesn’t fit the narrative.
We are only told about this one because because they know amateur astronomers will most likely find this anyway.

Or.. because it really is an asteroid? Just because someone says it is an asteroid, because you don't trust them, doesn't magically make it not an asteroid. : )

To me it's cool if only because it's the first object passing through from beyond our solar system - very awesome! The only worry is..

Scientists have long suspected that space rocks like Oumuamua have been visiting our solar system, but until telescopes like Pan-STARRS1, we didn’t have the technology to detect them.

Makes you wonder how many potentially earth-pummeling objects passed by and we never knew.
edit on 21-11-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I used to think that space between stars was clear of rocky debris, the stars having contained it in their gravitational fields. Then this visitor shows up. Its only one confirmed yes, but it is dense material, and happens to be on an interstellar track.

I wonder how many we missed, or we think are from our own Oort?

Just one aspect of missing matter though, maybe. 'Guesstimates' about stellar mass, black hole density, and numbers of dark singularities wandering the cosmos...

I think they calculated from it's approach angle and velocity that it did indeed come from outside our system. I thought it was well understood that during the early formation of star systems some bodies are invariably tossed out of the system by all the chaotic orbital dynamics until things calm down into the relatively orderly dynamics we see in ours today. Even if a lot of material is ejected early on, there's simply so much space between the stars, on average, that having an asteroid from another system pass through ours is going to be somewhat rare.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain
While I'm sure it's just an oddly shaped rock, there is a part of my mind that imagines it to be a long dead space ark/alien ship. The ship is drifting aimlessly through the galaxy for hundreds of millions of years.

If we could get there, we would find a battered & bruised giant ship of the dead. All crew long-gone as it drifts through space. Pretty sure that is how bad movies start.

~Winter

Based on everything we know about it, this certainly isn't impossible, although there's really no indication that that's the case.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I would expect that some splinters are ejected by the force of impact or some wild gravity assist on close approach.I agree, it was an alien rock.

We are able to detect these only recently, not sure how 'rare'.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

it's the Silver Surfer's Surfboard!.. Herald of Galactus, the World Eater!

hey... wasn't Galactus represented in the 2nd Fantastic Four Movie as a Giant Planet eating ...PLANET???!

What If... Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (creators of these characters) were linked in to high level Masonry and were trickled these ideas to bring into the popular subconscious, familiarity with, and discussion of the concept.

what if this is the harbinger of Nibiru/ Nemesis / Hercolobus!!.... oooooohhhh!

edit on 11/21/2017 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
.....Even if a lot of material is ejected early on, there's simply so much space between the stars, on average, that having an asteroid from another system pass through ours is going to be somewhat rare.

Interesting interview where asteroid hunter says they had guesstimated that there may be as many as 10,000 objects of this size CURRENTLY passing through the Solar System [within 30AU of the sun, Neptune's orbit].
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: face23785
.....Even if a lot of material is ejected early on, there's simply so much space between the stars, on average, that having an asteroid from another system pass through ours is going to be somewhat rare.

Interesting interview where asteroid hunter says they had guesstimated that there may be as many as 10,000 objects of this size CURRENTLY passing through the Solar System [within 30AU of the sun, Neptune's orbit].
www.youtube.com...

To be clear I only meant rare as opposed to the number of objects native to our system, which number in the billions or possibly trillions if you count the Oort cloud. There can be millions of objects that have come from outside our system and they would still be statistically rare compared to the native ones. And of course it would be even more rare for us to see them since our system is so mind-bogglingly large.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A literal Rod From God...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
iv only ever heard of Cigar-shaped ufo's

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the irony?

In the film "Contact", the first-ever alien communication came from Vega in Lyra.

Question for Mr. Oberg -

What cosmic forces would be required to form an asteroid of this shape?
edit on 11/21/2017 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join