It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: If you are the parent of young-adult or teenage children

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

I don't point a finger at either one my fellow member.
I would suggest however with great conviction that it
is the world as it has been designed. And finger only
those who are responsible for it's design. If you want
to paint with a broad brush? Start where the paint will
cover.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

This is good. I hope you get many followers with children to pass your kumbaya ideas to. Less competition for my children.
you no how many teens are just living off there parents and don't even no where there parents are right now?
they don't even no how to compete they just feel entitlement "you said it in a text full"

Ya, I had a feeling you were just talking nonsense.

Verified.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Well there are solutions , I remember going everywhere with my parents at weekends , road trips etc,

my parents made time to hang out with me and my sister and nearly every other weekend we'd be a on a road trip around Scotland somewhere, walking the dog , camping etc

turn of your wi fi and take your kids out into nature spend time with them without electronic devices

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

At least you have kids. There are couples in this world that can't afford to have a family they want.

I don't know about other countries (though I suspect it's the same everywhere). Not being able to afford children is not a concern in America with most parents, they'll just get more help from the government, and unlike unemployment, welfare and the likes can go on for decades....

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

At least you have kids. There are couples in this world that can't afford to have a family they want.

And then there are many who should never have kids...lol

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Is homeschooling expensive? That could be a cheaper alternative to sending kids to private school.

It really depends on what you want to do. First, you have to consider whether or not you want/need an umbrella school, and requirements for that vary from state to state. We use one, rather than dealing with the state, but we could as easily register ourselves as a school, where we live. I prefer one, because the one we use isn't too costly (just over $100 a year, for all three of mine in school right now), and they not only keep track of grades, which is handy, they also have a diploma program, and handle transcripts. Costs for those vary widely, so you'd want to shop around.

Materials are the other big cost. If you want computer programs, or a complete curriculum, you can spend a great deal. If you decide to look for used textbooks, and take advantage of online resources, you can get by with a lot lower cost. We have found some great deals on books, and of course, those can be re-used for younger students. Things like a microscope, and other lab-related materials can cost a bit, but there are also experiments that can be done fairly cheaply, and you can locate books for those as well.

Even with more expensive programs, it's usually cheaper than private school, though it does take up some time. Still, you know what they are studying, there is more time to spend on your student, without having to share a teacher with an entire classroom, they can still do schoolwork with a cold or other mild illness, that might not be welcome in a school setting, and vacations are when YOU want them, which is very handy! Many advantages. Mine all love it, and they do learn.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
People eat food to have energy to work in order to buy food. People eat food to have energy to work in order to buy food to feed their children in order for them to grow up, so they can work and repeat that cycle.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
People eat food to have energy to work in order to buy food. People eat food to have energy to work in order to buy food to feed their children in order for them to grow up, so they can work and repeat that cycle.
To develop intellectually you've got to relate to older people, older things: 17-year-olds never grow up if they're just hanging around other 17-year-olds("Someone liked my status update!") ((If you do this well enough on Instagram, YouTube and Twitter, you can become a microcelebrity))think about how long you can stand in line without looking at your phone.
Now imagine being used to that technology your whole life.

They're not a new species,they've just mutated to adapt to their environment.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join