It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: If you are the parent of young-adult or teenage children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

When we were expecting our first child I mentioned to a friend of mine that I was fearful because I had no idea how to be a dad. The person asked me what was the one thing I wanted for my child when they were my age. I said that I wanted them to be happy. He told me to that I therefore needed to show my child how to be happy. So I've spent my life making sure my kids knew what true happiness was. So far I couldn't be prouder of them and each is very different. They are ages 27, 22, and 17.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Daycare should be seen for what it is, a day time orphanage. (Its also the states opportunity to seperate the child from its parents)

Amazing how easily it is to train the public up to have a desired view of a paticular subject matter just by the way the name or describe things. But I spose thats why they call it mind control.

edit on 19-11-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My husband and I are not well off by any means. We were together a long time before we decided to have kids...i wanted us to enjoy ourselves, travel etc... but we finally popped them out, 3 of them one after another.....i quit my job and he works so i can stay home with my 3 sons. We give them as much as we can but we chose not to spoil them. It was number 1 to me that WE raise our kids and that i could stay home with them. We didn't want them in daycare because what's the point of having them then. I understand not everyone can afford to do that, shoot we can't either but we make it happen. We sacrifice what we can to make that happen for our family. We eat dinner as a family we go out as a family even little things like grocery shopping......

My children will be the only kids without cell phones as teenagers, I do not even care if they have peer pressure or made fun of, they are not getting one till MAYBE junior year of high school. I am going to be strict with them like that, they need to live in the moment and the real world not virtual reality of social media and whatnot. We actually think all the time about moving out to the boonies somewhere so my boys can play, and get dirty, be rugged little boys while they still have a chance to be kids.

The only thing that i will fight for them to have as far as spoiling goes is i think it is imperative to travel when they get a little older as much as possible...i will put money away to be able to take them, as traveling is so important to me...i was lucky enough to travel the world with my grandmother as a child and it really shaped me as a person, I want the same for my boys....as much as we can give them, life experiences, real life......

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thanks. That's all parents' need today is more guilt.

I feel the opposite. Kudos to you hard-working, loving parents who try to do it all.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Daycare should be seen for what it is, a day time orphanage. (Its also the states opportunity to seperate the child from its parents)

Amazing how easily it is to train the public up to have a desired view of a paticular subject matter just by the way the name or describe things. But I spose thats why they call it mind control.

I absolutely agree with this.

UK govt will actually pay for 'x' amount of childcare so it's easier for it to force new mothers out to work. Govt absolutely resents paying benefits to new mothers and forces them to look for work, but it has no problem paying childcare people a hell of a lot more to do a mother's job.

Why can't govt pay mothers to take care of kids in the home instead of paying childcare people? What difference does it make who gets the money? It makes one wonder if there's other reasons for offering free childcare.

It's a natural thing for (most) parents to want to care for their babies themselves. No-one has a child's best interests at heart more than its own parent/s. A childcare business is in it for the money only, it has no interest how your child turns out in years to come. It is also unequipped and incapable of providing what money can't buy - a mother's love and undivided attention that is crucial to a child's natural development and sense of security. Perhaps this is the reason many youngsters these days seem to be confused and dysfunctional and angry, their upbringing was missing a vital ingredient: parental love, attention, and guidance in their first years of life.

Let mothers stay home to care for their infant if they want to, give them the choice at least. It's only for a few years until kids start school. It will also free up the jobs that new mothers are currently forced to take.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
If we have raised a generation of self-centered children, then it might be because we have been a generation of self-centered parents.

No, I think kids are growing up self-centred because more and more parents have grown up ignorant due to being "left to it" by their own parents thinking they were offering them freedom when actually they were excercising a lack of responsibility and accountability.

Things go full circle, in waves and can skip a generation or two. Maybe the human race still has to endure a whole lot of stoopid before common sense pravails.

We're still animals, not that smart.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
During the young life of my daughter thus far, there were times when I had to work a lot, and times when I didn't. There were times when I was home a lot, and times when I was not. I was however consistent with the messages I gave her. That I love her, I want the best for her and that you get what you want in this life if you work for it. And what I want in this life is for her to be happy and successful in whatever she wants to do in life. She knows this too. She also knows that I am both of the age and social standing that it's rather pointless for me to work solely for me. I enjoy what I do for a living and make a good income doing it, so I have no issues at all in working until I'm worm food. My life is my work and my daughter, and who needs to retire when you enjoy life the way it currently is?

That said, I work so my daughter can have the chances at a good life that I never had. And if that means putting in 70 hour work weeks periodically ,then so be it. As a parent you should not hesitate in the slightest in sacrificing your own well being for the sake of your children's well being. If it comes to that.

These are messages that she see's through my actions and in what I say. Will I reap what I sew? I certainly hope so. Both for my sake and for hers. And if that makes me a selfish parent in the eyes of some, then it's a good thing that I don't value others opinions to the point where they are going to effect my actions or beliefs if I truly believe they are the best for me and mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

At least you have kids. There are couples in this world that can't afford to have a family they want.

So true here in Japan.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Challenges Mothers Face: Awake!—2005

“It is the tasks connected with the home that are the fundamental tasks of humanity. . . . If the mother does not do her duty, there will either be no next generation, or a next generation that is worse than none at all.”—Theodore Roosevelt, 26th president of the United States.

CLEARLY, a mother is essential to human life, but her role involves far more than just bearing children. Regarding the role of mothers in most parts of the world today, one writer observed: “She is the primary protector for each child’s health, education, intellect, personality, character, and emotional stability.”

One of a mother’s many functions is that of educator of her children. A child’s first words and its pattern of speech are usually learned from its mother. Thus, a person’s first language is often referred to as his mother tongue. The mother generally spends more time with the children each day than her mate, so she may be their chief teacher as well as principal disciplinarian. Thus, the Mexican proverb “Education is breast-fed” honors the important role of mothers.

Our Creator, Jehovah God, also honors mothers. In fact, one of the Ten Commandments, written on tablets of stone by “God’s finger,” urges children: “Honor your father and your mother.” (Exodus 20:12; 31:18; Deuteronomy 9:10) Moreover, a Bible proverb refers to “the law of your mother.” (Proverbs 1:8) The importance of teaching children during the first three years of life—when most are largely under their mother’s care—is now widely acknowledged.

What Are Some Challenges?

Proverbs 1:8

8 Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father,

And do not forsake the instruction* of your mother. [*: Or “law.”]

Proverbs 22:6

6 Train a boy* in the way he should go; [*: Or “child; youth.”]

Even when he grows old he will not depart from it.

Brainwashing: with the Pledge of Allegiance
Brainwashing: with Nationalism
Brainwashing: with False Religion
Braintraining (education): with Truth

"Train a boy in the way he should go...":

edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We homeschool, only allow cell phones if they are out the house. Recreational computer and net use after evening chores only. Very limited net use, of an hour only. No clearing history, or they lose it.

It works for us. I've stayed home with them for the most part, and if not me, their dad does.

Their social lives revolve around the church.

I.totally agree that childcare is the ptb chance to indoctrinate and separate.

We are not well off, and live very frugally. But at least they are good kids. None of that social media crap, and noone is confused in anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dont get me started.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

At least you have kids. There are couples in this world that can't afford to have a family they want.

And there's many more who can't afford to have a family yet pump out six kids anyway.

Then we have to pay for it.

I can't afford to have a family right now, so I don't have one.

edit on 19pmSun, 19 Nov 2017 12:12:31 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Meh, nobody can teach you to be a good parent, you either are or your not, you dont need books, you just need to be present and listen.

My 11 year old is already a better skier than her old man, shes teaching me how to use my iphone, she has a mean jab and can c
Prepare brunch by herself.

Kids needs us to listen to there needs, and teach them right from wrong, the rest they usualy pick up from there environment.

The old saying of a kid needs a village to be raised is still true today.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
one would think that corruption is only in politics and financial but no, the sad thing is that it developed into families that lead to what we have become, I always remember Aaron rosso before he died and what he said about David Rockefeller and the conversation that was between them, it's sad really sad

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry,

I love my family, but I would have killed myself if I had to spend too much time with them, even as a kid.

I look back on it now and wish I ran away from home. Suburban life is a Ho$$# S*** lie.

Adventure, Freedom, is the only way.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Who are you to paint with a broad brush? Maybe the fault you
find in todays parent, could be regarded as a symptom of a diseased
world? A place where by design, the parents are unappreciated by
thier own family. When manners alone would dictate more appreciation
from a perfect stranger? While working two jobs and providing them with
all they need just so they can fit in at school. This world has a set of gears
that interchange. And if you can't see it is geared presently to rip
the traditional family apart. Then just look at the finger you use to point
and blame?

entitlement mentality
im just sticking up for this new generation every where I go I hear that they’ve come to expect certain comforts and feel that they should be able to enjoy them like their parents without putting in the time to earn them.
They see our homes, cars, careers, and vacations, and want to begin their lives with those things.
If our children have arrived to a false sense of what they should expect and what is expected of them, its because we have taught them our values by how we have lived.
It shouldn’t surprise us ,they want to imitate us.
I fear that our generation got off course.
We became distracted by the glimmer of what the world can offer and we began to pursue it.
We got caught up in “the American Dream” at the expense of our loved ones.
My children have all grown up to be very successful in there jobs im proud to say I have a Marine, School teacher, and a truck driver.
Traditional family part is gone it takes both parents just to get by.
just saying don't blame this generation,we have taught them our values...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Kids needs us to listen to there needs, and teach them right from wrong, the rest they usualy pick up from there environment.

The old saying of a kid needs a village to be raised is still true today.
I agree..
Regardless of what we may have “told” our children, what we did with our lifestyle spoke much louder.
edit on 19-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This is good. I hope you get many followers with children to pass your kumbaya ideas to. Less competition for my children.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

This is good. I hope you get many followers with children to pass your kumbaya ideas to. Less competition for my children.
you no how many teens are just living off there parents and don't even no where there parents are right now?
they don't even no how to compete they just feel entitlement "you said it in a text full"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join