It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Rod is Now a Woman ending 650 years of Tradition , Tradition be Damned

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I thought dennis rodman got a sex change.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

What a rediculous show of pomp and theatrics.

History dear boy and the tourists love it.

I thought dennis rodman got a sex change.

Clearly you were wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Tennis has been around for 600 years? Learned something new today.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Woodcarver

What a rediculous show of pomp and theatrics.

History dear boy and the tourists love it.

Damn it!
I was going to say that!

edit on 17-11-2017 by Mandy555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It sure seems like the tradition is the ceremony itself, not whether the person carrying it out has a todger or not. The fact that there's never been a woman in the position seems more indicative of the traditional reactions to women in respected and political positions more than being part-and-partial to the tradition.

It sure seems to me that if a woman holding the position ruins the tradition then, on some level, you think that an integral part of the ceremony is that the person carrying out this ceremony has a John Thomas tucked in their pants. And that just seems somewhat ridiculous doesn't it? If part of the ceremony was the black rod walking up to the door, it slams in his face, and than then he takes his tallywhacker out and pees on the door, than I could see why having a woman performing the ceremony would ruin the tradition.

I fully admit that half of the reason I typed this out was just to have the opportunity to use some of the great euphemisms you brits have for the word "penis."

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I thought this was another recast of a comic book character for a movie. The black rod is an interesting title.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Killing tradition is what its all about.

Frankly, I could care less.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i brought a big box of kleenex for all you big strong men who can't stop crying about feminism....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The first woman in 650 years is definitely proof of discrimination against men....

Lol

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Because we have an unwritten constitution, much of our little customs are tied in to our legal system.
Has anyone explained why Black Rod is important within our legal and government? I haven't read through all the pages

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Here's the official explanation.

Black Rod is a senior officer in the House of Lords. He is responsible for controlling access to and maintaining order within the House and its precincts.
www.parliament.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, I know what Black Rods duties are, I was just wondering if anyone has posted wher and why it started etc. So I am going to assume nobody has, so here's a link to what it's all about....
Black Rod

Black Rod will also knock on the Commons door to gain access for the Monarch to enter Parliament to dissolve Government...can't see that happening any time soon

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I expected a very old dildo.

You disappointed me, OP. It's just boring-ass tennis crap

Edit: misread that position in the OP. EVEN BETTER, it's a figurative doorman with a Catholic ruler approach. Good lord, really?
edit on 11/17/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
I just want to know why is it called black rod.
Interesting

*In Ash's voice* Uh, well, I think it's pretty obvious.
edit on 17-11-2017 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Why is it better? Because you think that? I happen to believe most from the U.K. are simply blowhards. Folks who like to read what they wrote & hear their own self talk. You all will answer a one worded answer question with a wall of text and some fancy words.....when a simple F'you would do. So with that said, F'you.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

We have the same parliamentary tradition here in Canada carried over from you Brits.

And it's not just "pomp and ceremony" like others are saying.

The Usher of the Black Rod has a lot of responsibities other then just carrying the rod down the aisle. They're responsible for managing a bunch other things that directly impact the ongoing proceedings in the senate chamber, on top of any ceremonial 'stuff and fluff'.

Personally speaking, I don't care who the Usher of the Black Rod is... just so long as the tradition continues to get carried out.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Why is it better? Because you think that? I happen to believe most from the U.K. are simply blowhards. Folks who like to read what they wrote & hear their own self talk. You all will answer a one worded answer question with a wall of text and some fancy words.....when a simple F'you would do. So with that said, F'you.

Isn't that a bit of a Trumpian blowhard response ?

At least we can remain civil.
Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i brought a big box of kleenex for all you big strong men who can't stop crying about feminism....

Oh my days! How original. No one has ever used that one in attempt to shut down debate anywhere ever.
edit on 18-11-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join