It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: WikiLeaks Corresponded With Don Jr, Asked Him to Push Fake News

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: FauxMulder

You don't think it reflects badly on WikiLeaks? WikiLeaks which goes to great lengths to pretend impartiality while ostensibly advocating for transparency?

Secretly they're asking Don Jr to push fake news stories? They're asking for Team Trump to "leak" Donald Trump's taxes to them to give the perception of impartiality? How isn't that a bombshell?

I think it does. I've got a pretty high opinion of Julian Assange, but I think Wikileaks is a failure at this point. It's become abundantly clear that they're shooting to be nothing more than another political arm rather than a tool for citizens to enforce transparency over those in power. They've completely sold out.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

POSSIBLY..

Jeff Sessions in secret.. “I’m not gonna do it, but need to get all the cult of trump people off my back.. I would love to appoint a special prosecutor, but our idiot president has been running around the White House in his boxers screaming to prosecute Hillary for whatever I can find. That makes actually starting a legal case a felony , since everyone here knows it would just be a witch hunt to deflect from Russia....

Besides, everything Clinton has done is legal and par for the course amongst us dirtbag politicians..”

Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

It continued right up to this past summer. It wasn't just a snip of time. It continued through this year.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
It did not take long for WikiLeaks to change their business model to make money streaming propaganda for profit.

They can only leak what they're given. If the dems/deep state/etc want to prove WL is a bised actor it would be very easy.

Leak some info (they do it with WaPo and NYT all the time). If they don't publish it wait a few months and take the story of their sitting on it public. Record all of your comms with WL.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Is that why they just released more CIA tools?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He's being questioned by congress AGAIN today. Just a few minutes from now.
He's not going to get his special council to investigate Clinton.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Releasing CIA tools only hurts Americans. Snowden did it correctly, he confirmed the spying was going on, but minimized the damage to actual intelligence gathering systems. Releasing tools left and right doesn't help the people. It helps opposing governments circumvent our technology.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This proves nothing other than the fact that the campaign knew nothing in advance about the emails therefore didn't have anything to do with the effort to steal them.

Using them, bragging about them, talking about them, exploiting them and whatever else is not a crime.

I am personally glad they did whatever they did. The most important thing was stopping Hillary from reaching the White House, by any and all means necessary. Mission accomplished.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Okay so noted, this thread by you is the fake news. Although they keep their sources secret, Wikileaks has yet to be caught lying about anything.

Claiming they told someone to push a false agenda is a poor attempt to discredit Wikileaks. They don't have to push anything false, what they got has been golden, every time.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That's OK, CIA/NSA etc are old news. Public agencies get the "worst of the worst" as far as talent/people are concerned, because the "best of the best" go to the higher paid private sector.

Private sector intelligence companies have way cooler tech as well.
edit on 11/14/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Releasing CIA tools only hurts Americans. Snowden did it correctly, he confirmed the spying was going on, but minimized the damage to actual intelligence gathering systems. Releasing tools left and right doesn't help the people. It helps opposing governments circumvent our technology.

Those 'other' gubments already know about it. They pretend they don't so they can use it for counter intelligence.

Besides the CIA 'tools' are for spying on the people , not other nations.

Snowden didn't minimize damage, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's hitting the MSM now. Not really a smudge to the Trumps but surely doesn't look good for wikileaks.

Agree.

It reads like Wikileaks was trying to get Don Jr to bite...but he didn't. He wasn't rude, but obviously he wasn't interested in colluding with Wikileaks.

IOW, it reads like Wikileaks was trying to set a trap to me. I am more suspicious of them than ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

...your point?

The conversation between Trump JR. PROVES they didn't know about the stolen emails in advance.

Someone else stole them and leaked them publically. There is nothing wrong/illegal about taking advantage of that. I know you'd love to believe this is some huge revelation/crime, but it simply isn't.

Thank god the campaign did too. Hillary was denied the WH, which was the most important thing that could've happened for this country. She would have been an unmitigated disaster, and the first President to take office while under criminal investigation (as she has been under several times in the past already).

The fact she's been under so many investigations, including at least one by a special prosecutor in 1993 doesn't sit well with me. She has no real talent or knowledge other than peddling influence in government for large sums of cash.

This too shall prove a nothing-burther, meanwhile Podesta Group, DNC, Clinton and associates are already under a new investigation ordered by Sessions (by Fed. Prosecutors to determine of special counsel is needed for U1,DNC,Clinton x3 issues).

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They don't have to push anything false, what they got has been golden, every time.

I've always felt their leaks were pretty lackluster,tbh. If they were the real deal, they could get their hands on more damning stuff than Donna Brazile giving Hillary a couple of debate questions.

Their leaks always seem so carefully controlled...watered-down.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly

The IC are the ones hurting people with these tools and technologies. Those who expose these professional liars, thieves and drug dealers (yes, CIA deals drugs to fund black projects in foreign nations) are heroes in my book.

I'd love to see all low-brow public intelligence agencies shuttered. We have plenty of private contractors that pay their people much better than the public [lack-of] Intelligence Community agencies.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

True, but Donna Brazile ended up with one of the most incredible leaks/revelations as of yet. She was DNC chair, after all.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Those 'other' gubments already know about it. They pretend they don't so they can use it for counter intelligence.

Besides the CIA 'tools' are for spying on the people , not other nations.

Snowden didn't minimize damage, lol.

They might know some but not all. More likely they typically know we're getting information in some fashion but don't know the details of how.

Espionage is a very important aspect of maintaining global stability. Revealing espionage techniques isn't something that should be done lightly. I think WikiLeaks screwed up here, it's another casualty in their push to be politically rather than socially influential.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

They don't have to push anything false, what they got has been golden, every time.

I've always felt their leaks were pretty lackluster,tbh. If they were the real deal, they could get their hands on more damning stuff than Donna Brazile giving Hillary a couple of debate questions.

Their leaks always seem so carefully controlled...watered-down.

Wikileaks 'lackluster' right. Only The thorn in the Empires side. Snowden, Manning, etc., all the exposure of NSA eavesdropping, Hillarys emails, her private server, The CIA hacking tools. Too name a few.

But I get the whole downplay thing you and the establishment pretend, ongoing.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This proves nothing other than the fact that the campaign knew nothing in advance about the emails therefore didn't have anything to do with the effort to steal them.

Using them, bragging about them, talking about them, exploiting them and whatever else is not a crime.

I am personally glad they did whatever they did. The most important thing was stopping Hillary from reaching the White House, by any and all means necessary. Mission accomplished.

A this point I think it is a bit premature to say anything definitive. This investigation encompass a wide variety of areas and involves thousands, upon thousands, of documents.

I think it would be best to just sit back and wait to see what comes of this, before we say it proves nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So when I browse ATS, I do it under "High Performace" mode on my S8+.

Increased screen resolution to WQHD+, which is 1440p throughout.

Browsing and reading this thread on ATS @ 1440p.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join