It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 12 Year Old Girl With Epilepsy Is Suing Jeff Sessions Over Medical Marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
First lets remind everyone what the OP was about
I CHILD uses marijuana to TREAT A MEDICAL CONDITION and sadly by federal law is illegal.
It may or may not be (seems to be lost in the discussion) if its legal where they live under state law.
their choice of action is to SUE SOMEONE WHO IS TASKED WITH ENFORCING THE LAW.

So the two issues are
A. medical marijuana legality/use
B. course of action they are taking.

PERIOD.

But as what happens it degenerates into a PRO POT FOR RECREATIONAL USE , how people think the law for such is "stupid" , those who enforce it are wrong, and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong, lame, a shill (or words to that effect) of big pharm, or (the lamest of all) never tried it/ are not users.

in short instead of debating their view on making it legal for recreational use they (to put it bluntly) use someones MEDICAL NEED as a reason for it.

Bluntly ....IF YOU ARE AGAINST RECREATIONAL USE YOUR AGAINST THIS PERSON (the story they attach themselves or use) GETTING THE MEDICAL HELP THEY NEED.

Thus why I am so passionate about this.
I am all for MEDICAL USE if ITS TRULY NEEDED and fight for that use.

But I am against recreational use.

I can debate both as the SEPARATE ISSUES/USE they are

But it seems alot here (not all there are a few that do separate them) cannot seem to do that.

hence why IMO medical use of it has (along with other issues such as the dispenser system and cart system I have pointed out) had such a legalization problem....yes big pharm does play a part too to be honest, but not as much as mixing issues.

To sum it up.

If you want RECREATIONAL USE then by all means DEBATE THAT ALONE and try to change minds.

Same with MEDICAL USE.

but in either case SUING someone who's JOB is to ENFORCE THE LAW (BTW he does not only enforce marijuana laws) instead of getting legislators to change the law is just stupid.

A judge can say a particular law is unconstitutional...it cant make something legal because you sue the person that enforces the law.

Scrounger

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join