It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 12 Year Old Girl With Epilepsy Is Suing Jeff Sessions Over Medical Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The great thing is you can't really overdose on MJ ..you most definitely can OD and die from any of the off the shelf crap.
Unfortunately because it's a federal deal there is not enough research being done, it's improving though.
Time to stop the insanity.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
here is the "elephant in the room" whenever one of these JUSTIFIED cases for medical marijuana (pot) comes up.

they are used as a smoke screen (no pun intended) for the RECREATIONAL USE of pot.

Yes I am saying it the pro pot people are using this girl not for medical but for LEGAL recreational use.

Now as I can sense the usual vitrol that is coming here is why this is ugly but true.

Has ANYONE really looked at a pot "dispensary"?
You go in with a GENERAL prescription and medical marijuana card. Then someone who IS NOT A MEDICAL OR PHARMACIST comes up and shows you all the pot they have. They are discussing strengths (thc content) , types, ect.
In short they are selling drugs like you would candy and the PERSON chooses what strength, how much, ect.

Tell me one (ex) CVS pharmacy that you go in for ANY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS that does that.

Then while you show this little girl (AGAIN I AGREE this may help her) you have OBVIOUSLY in good health college kids bragging about their "medical marijuana card" and how they can legally get high because they are "sick" while giggling .

Now look I am all for medical pot IF IT IS TREATED like any other drug. In short A PROVEN NEED, A PROVEN (or trying to find out MEDICALLY) dose/treatment that will help, and that this is the BEST MEDICINE for the job.

All done by MEDICAL DOCTORS that if they are pushing/abusing prescribing it when not needed (like any other drugs) they are punished.

in short if you want to make a case for medical uses of pot then by all means then do that.
If you want it for recreational use that is another SEPARATE CASE.

maybe if that were done this little girl and others like her could get the help they need.

Instead we get the two issues mixed, add the "big pharmacy companies dont want it" (BTW which is true ON ANY DRUG not just pot that interferes with their profits ) and stir with "big government is out to get you".

Scrounger

Well the reality is, it should be recreation legal too regardless. There is essentially no danger from marijuana and it doesn't impair you basically at all -- at it's most impairing levels, it makes a person tired. If cigarettes and cigars are legal, there is absolutely no logical reason that marijuana shouldn't be.

You don't have to smoke to use it either, and the only form of usage that has any negative side effects is smoking it, and the negative effects are still virtually not existent.

The only people still against legal weed are people who refuse to use it, or experience it -- oddly enough -- these are the people trying to tell everyone else what it does and how dangerous it is -- they are the ones who believe it will impair you, they are the ones who believe it will make you lazy or stupid, so on and on with the wives tales.
edit on 13-11-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

What I'm saying is that won't go far enough. We need action on the Federal level to see any improvements now. Sure it's great when another state legalizes but that federal cleaver handing over everyone's heads is just too dire. The feds technically have the right to go in and raid any legal dispensary if they want. Luckily the government isn't interested in doing that yet, BUT Sessions very much wants to do that.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is stupid on behalf of the lawyers who filed this suit. It will backfire on every state that has legalized marijuana. Jeff Sessions can not do anything in regards to marijuana other than enforce the laws already on the books and those states currently allowing legal marijuana will be in trouble.

Congress is the only body which can legally change the law so this lawsuit is a joke and for publicity but it will result in big trouble for states like Colorado, Washington etc, big mistake for marijuana proponents.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
At this point isn't it becoming a state issue? I know it's still a schedule 1 drug, but individual states (ie Washington, Colorado, ect ect) seem to be skirting this by using states right as it's argument. The fact that Texas didn't legalize it has nothing to do with Sessions, but rather to do with the state of Texas.

I know many of you can all sit here and say that the US Government shouldn't restrict it's use, but if some states are using the state rights point to legalize it, then shouldn't the State Governor's be asking the government to legalize it?

A 12 year old suing the US Attorney General smells like a publicity stunt more then a real cause. Also why Colorado? Other state have made medical MJ use legal so it would seem like there is more to this story then what it seems.

****EDITED SIDE NOTE****

Outside of getting into an argument because a 12 year old is at the root of this, I'm going to add this tid bit:

She's been using an unregulated narcotic for the last 2 1/2 years, and is now only making an issue of it?

I have to agree with you. Probably the parents smoke it themselves and think to use their daughter in their agenda. Or maybe some Progressive has gotten her and her parents on board....wouldn't be the first time. I bet some shadowy Soros front group is behind it.
People are making money from it... they cannot possibly believe they are better than the rest of Big Pharma. THC accumulates in the fatty tissues of the brain and affects memory.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

It's a multi billion dollar business.

Get your head out of the sand.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It does need to be legal at the federal level.

Just adding the fact that it may be legal at state level but you can still lose your coverage or jobs if you pics a positive. Doesn't happen if you have been prescribed Vicodin.

If that makes sense. You can probably argue that angle better than me atm.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

That is a fantastic point actually. Even in states that have legalized it, businesses will still piss test you. Many won't hire you if you have smoked recently. The reason they can get away with this is because it is still illegal on the federal level. Think whatever you like about their businesses for doing so, but they are erring on the side of caution. The federal government can crack down on the legal market any time it wants.

It is yet another symptom of this legal contradiction that needs to be rectified. Good input.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Jesus, let people smoke or eat a freaking plant.

What a crock

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

I know a lot of successful people.
I know a lot of people that smoke weed.

I do not know any successful people that smoke weed.

I know one guy that owns three dispensaries and a 1.3 million dollar house thanks to weed sales.

I know tons of "potheads" that are constantly saying "one day"...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there any other "prescription" one can get from a doctor that simply allows the use of a substance?

It seems to me that the MM card is simply an end around for the federal prohibition on marijuana

By that I mean any other prescription has a dosage, number, and uses per day - MM simply says "here, have at it"

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: scrounger

Tell me one (ex) CVS pharmacy that you go in for ANY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS that does that.

Like different 'strains' of Tylenol for example?

Ask an employee at the drug store about any medication and they will give you the list of types available. You have a pain and you need a pain killer, how many pain killers are available? Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprophen, Asprin, etc.

Just so long as it has THC I think the prescription is valid; the types in both cases are just marketing and strength variables, which is legit IMHO.

Sigh

I see you missed the word PERSCRIPTION in my PERSCRIPTION DRUG question.

Last I checked Tylenol is OVER THE COUNTER and if you want to be specific as good or better headache remedy than marijuana .

shees if you gonna try to counter my argument you may try comparing apples to apples .

but hey why use logic and common sense when lame, easily 'bs' counters are available

SMH

Scrounger

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

WTF are you talking about? The whole point of the suit is because the LAW is stupid and they are trying to bring about change.

You saying he is just enforcing the law its not his fault is just stupid and why he is getting sued.

LOL everything else you said is pretty much just retarded.

NO in your "opinion" the law is stupid.

what is "stupid" is suing someone that their job is ENFORCEMENT of the law and has NO ATHORITY to decide what law they are and are not to enforce based on personal opinion.

for example when that lady refused to give marriage licenses to same sex couples she was canned because she didn't uphold the law.
are you willing to give the same support to her because the law was "stupid" or as I suspect because YOU DONT THINK THAT LAW is "stupid"

Now what you don't seem to realize (and some blame does go to the court as of late) that the courts DONT CHANGE LAW.
In fact the court only can (or should) by the constitution determine if a law is unconstitutional. Last I checked I cant find and amendment "right to smoke pot recreationally " ,

In fact the federal courts have determined drug laws are CONSTITUTIONAL and in fact the court cases now are fights by states to see if their legalizing marijuana laws are constitutional.

lastly if you have to resort to name calling mental heath slurs then I see your ability to defend your point is non existent.

but hey why let logic, civility and any attempt at using facts get in the way of your pro pot rant.

scrounger

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Exactly.

If you think the law is "stupid" then go get a petition going, and force your Congressmen/women/whatever to push to change that. This is what you can do to change it, sitting and saying things are "stupid" the way they are doesn't change anything but your blood pressure.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'll just leave this pretty lady here.

Should convey my position.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Prescription Tylenols:
Butalbital®
Endocet®
Fioricet®
Hycotab®
Hydrocet®
Hydrocodone Bitartrate®
Lortab®
MIDRIN®
NORCO®
Oxycodone®
Percocet®
Phenaphen®
ROXICET ™
Sedapap®
Tapanol®
Tramadol
TYLENOL® with Codeine
Tylox®
Ultracet®
Vicodin®
Zydone®

Try not to be snarky, you dont make friends like that
edit on 11152017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Prescription Tylenols:
Butalbital®
Endocet®
Fioricet®
Hycotab®
Hydrocet®
Hydrocodone Bitartrate®
Lortab®
MIDRIN®
NORCO®
Oxycodone®
Percocet®
Phenaphen®
ROXICET ™
Sedapap®
Tapanol®
Tramadol
TYLENOL® with Codeine
Tylox®
Ultracet®
Vicodin®
Zydone®

Try not to be snarky, you dont make friends like that

Hmmm all those " prescription Tylenol" are just that PRESCRIPTION.

NOT ONE of those is over the counter and in fact the pic you showed in your original comment to we WAS OVER THE COUNTER.

add to that most of those drugs (outside of Tylenol 3 but it adds CODEINE) are not Tylenol derivatives.

alot are NARCOTICS and funny thing not available OVER THE COUNTER.

but lets play your logic here.

show me a pic or where you can get ANY OF THOSE you listed over the counter , given by unlicensed sales people, you choose which one you want to buy , what strength with only restriction is a non restricting drug card issued by a doctor.

Because I went into two drug stores and funny thing....cant find tylenol 3 with codeine, oxycodone, vicoden, ect.

If your gonna debate marijuana as a RECREATIONAL USE you might try not spewing easily disprove comments.

Scrounger

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think you missed my point.

You said:

You go in with a GENERAL prescription and medical marijuana card. Then someone who IS NOT A MEDICAL OR PHARMACIST comes up and shows you all the pot they have. They are discussing strengths (thc content) , types, ect.
In short they are selling drugs like you would candy and the PERSON chooses what strength, how much, ect.

And I posted a pic of a fraction of types of Over the counter tylenols as an example of how many strains a store would have available.
Then I posted a list of Perscription tylenol based drugs.

I just wanted top point out that there are pharmacies like CVS that offer variations of a kind, and are pushing them, not just in the store, but more so by the physician that is paid to push the pills.

In my state, you have to show your DL to buy anything with sudafed in it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
In fact the federal courts have determined drug laws are CONSTITUTIONAL and in fact the court cases now are fights by states to see if their legalizing marijuana laws are constitutional.

Is that so? Cite the legal precedent that makes this so.

ETA: And just fyi even if SCOTUS rules something is constitutional once doesn't mean they can't overturn that decision later. Just look at the Segregation issue for an example. That was ruled constitutional originally but ultimately overturned as unconstitutional. It also reasons that things can work in reverse too.
edit on 16-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I think you missed my point.

You said:

And I posted a pic of a fraction of types of Over the counter tylenols as an example of how many strains a store would have available.

Note not ONE you posted is a PERSCRIPION DRUG or classified SAME AS POT.

Then I posted a list of Perscription tylenol based drugs.

NOT ONE that is sold and on the store shelf . no NOTHING LIKE your posted pic example BUT is perscription drug like pot.

I just wanted top point out that there are pharmacies like CVS that offer variations of a kind, and are pushing them, not just in the store, but more so by the physician that is paid to push the pills.

sigh again what is on the store shelves may be RECOMENDED by physicians before or in substitue for PERSCRIPTION DRUGS but you DONT NEED A PERSCRIPTION from doctors to get. Also if a doctor is pushing PERSCRIPTION DRUGS they can and lately have been arrested for such.

In my state, you have to show your DL to buy anything with sudafed in it.[/quote

That is not due to them being perscription drugs or even abused. Its because they ae main ingredent in METH. So a DL is requried to try to stop drug dealers. Common not even in same ballpark as my questions.

I dont know any other way to word or point out that in the case of MEDICAL MARIJUANA should be LEGAL IF its treated as ANY OTHER PRESCRIPTION DRUG. In short that it is researched, prescribed if ITS THE BEST MEDICATION for a condition , its prescribed dosage and when taken is done just like any other drug.

But what hurts the cause for legalization FOR MEDICAL USE its current method is treated like your selling candy but with the laughable requirement of an open ended medical card.

But somehow you keep repeating that there are prescription drugs (what medical marijuana falls under by the government regulations) like it on store shelves.
your examples in pic is OVER THE COUNTER.
your list is (even Tylenol 3 because it has CODEINE added) all PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

this is why its so hard to get marijuana for medical use when one argues with comments that can be disproven so easily .

try sticking to FACTS TO HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL

scrounger

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I heard that some little kid died this week due to medical marijuana overdose?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join