It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Mods, considering T&C and legal marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that here within Canada weed will be apparently legal. So...considering the T&C regarding posts involving "illicit" drugs, as more countries or states accept weed as a normal thing, will ATS allow discussion that includes it be allowed to stand?
I have seen threads get shut down before because it became a focal point and we lost an interesting exchange due to it.
If anything, Eventually a joint will be as common as a pint.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

The site can't allow discussions about openly using cannabis because it is still a federal offence in the US and they could be sued.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Discussion about general use is allowed, in the Posse Comitatus forum.

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States and the legalization of marijuana and its medically-proven benefits.

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

What is not allowed, are threads and posts about personal use of any type of drug.

And an important note: While we are now allowing the discussion of drug-related topics in an open, public, and searchable forum, we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated. But this privilege requires that you have made at least 500 posts in other threads in order to create new topics here.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What is not allowed, are threads and posts about personal use of any type of drug.

Actually that's not true. I've seen many a post about personal use of alcohol, which is absolutely a drug. ATS does not remove these posts. In fact, they have an emoji of drug paraphernalia right here:

How about we don't say things which are clearly false?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok Zaph, I got a good question for you.

Is talking about tips and advice for growing, cultivating, harvesting, and curing allowed?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok Zaph, I got a good question for you.

Is talking about tips and advice for growing, cultivating, harvesting, and curing allowed?

I'm sure the answer is no but I don't see an issue if say we wanted to discuss how to trim Rosemary or any other type of legal herbs.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

Actually that's not true. I've seen many a post about personal use of alcohol, which is absolutely a drug. ATS does not remove these posts. In fact, they have an emoji of drug paraphernalia right here:

How about we don't say things which are clearly false?

Don't forget to throw in coffee.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Terms and Conditions of Use we all agreed to when joining.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Both the use of and growing it are still illegal under Federal law and this is a US based board.

This has been answered many times here. Please refer to the T&C link above for what is and is not allowed here and the rules we agreed to follow when we joined.

Alcohol is legal to consume, so its irrelevant to this question.

Thread Closed
edit on 11/11/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join