It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effing outrageous! (Bergdahl case)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It seems the army now is determining whether or not Bowe 'The Betrayer' Bergdahl is entitled to $300K in back pay during his time in captivity.

Bergdahl was captured after walking off base on June 30, 2009, while deployed to Paktika province with 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division. He pleaded guilty in October to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy. On Nov. 3, a military judge ruled Bergdahl would not serve any jail time but be dishonorably discharged from the Army and reduced in rank to private.

From the moment he was captured, Bergdahl became eligible for extra pays available to captive troops.

source
Outrageous!!! He not only gets a slap on the wrist with zero jail time for desertion, now he might get a big payday from the whole ordeal! This is just...wow.

edit on 10-11-2017 by Vector99 because: Censored myself

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

while you are still here, I'll say I'm sick about this. He is a deserter, during war. There ins't much worse you can do if you are in the service. Death used to be the punishment, and it was justified.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now you get a demotion, discharge, and a a third of a million dollars. Setting a freaking dangerous precedent.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Betray your country? Have a president laud your actions

Put men at risk? Get 300,000.00 dollars.

Be a traitor and blame it on Trump?

Priceless.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Betray your country? Have a president laud your actions

Put men at risk? Get 300,000.00 dollars.

Be a traitor and blame it on Trump?

Priceless.

Yea, I've suddenly become a fan of the Mandela Effect and hope it's real, because this shlt is straight out of another universe imo.

I think we are in the universe of the pussification of the USA...it's the only logical solution...occams razor and all ya know!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: network dude

Now you get a demotion, discharge, and a a third of a million dollars. Setting a freaking dangerous precedent.

Exactly. Idiots will be lining up to desert. Yes he "allegedly" was treated badly while captured, but it was his dumb ass that walked away and went to see them hoping they would love him, hug him, and keep him forever. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. he pushed the big red button, you can't be upset when the big hammer whomps you on the head, it's what the damn button is for.
edit on 10-11-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is it just me or does it seem lately that if you commit a crime against the values of our country/values/citizens, that our justice system seems to reward instead of punish?

I think our justice system is in need of a thorough enema! Laws are written for a reason. Feelings do not have any room in a court of law! When feelings of a judge due to religious/political reasons interfere and obstruct our system of justice, we have a HUGE problem.

This isn't just the case with "the traitor" but has been going on for a long time in this country! Don't have the money to hire a good attorney, then the price of Lady Liberty is out your grasp and no justice for you.........

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
While they're at it, kick down to all the Iraq and Afghan vets that suffer and die from being stationed near Burn Pits.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

His civilian lawyer, Eugene Fidell, on Friday said his client should be recognized for the five years he spent in Taliban captivity after deserting his post in Afghanistan, according to an article by USA Today. "We have long felt he was entitled to the POW medal," Fidell said, the newspaper reported. It wasn't immediately clear whether Bergdahl's defense team plans to push for the award as part of the process to appeal his dishonorable discharge.

I'd say that's the bigger punch in the gut than any monetary issue.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder if desertion counts as TDY?

I wonder if DTS will process a travel voucher for walking off base?

So many questions..

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

His civilian lawyer, Eugene Fidell, on Friday said his client should be recognized for the five years he spent in Taliban captivity after deserting his post in Afghanistan, according to an article by USA Today. "We have long felt he was entitled to the POW medal," Fidell said, the newspaper reported. It wasn't immediately clear whether Bergdahl's defense team plans to push for the award as part of the process to appeal his dishonorable discharge.

I'd say that's the bigger punch in the gut than any monetary issue.

F#ck it, why not?

For some damn reason the guy is being treated like a hero and a saint, instead of the treasonous bastard he actually is.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I wonder if desertion counts as TDY?

I wonder if DTS will process a travel voucher for walking off base?

So many questions..

Might as well. Don't forget per-diem.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
if hes entitled to 300k then every family of every soldier who lost his life looking for him should be entitled to millions and a lifetime of tax free living in the US

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Truthfully, I honestly can not even understand why any one would even want to enlist in our military now but since he did, I hope he needs every bit of that $300,000 to keep his ass safe from being fagged by some patriotic citizen. If I were him I would be looking for another country to live in.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

C'mon, they needed a real life Nick Brody, from 'Homeland.'

Brody Bergdahl will be running for office in a few years if the script stays on the rails...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I blame former President Obama for this case with Bergdahl. He went to all the trouble to get him by trading prisoners for him but didn't finish the job. To much time and resources have been wasted and President Trump tainted the case by UCI (Undue Command Influence).

Once out of the hospital and on his feet Bergdahl should have been given an undesirable discharge for cause, demoted in rank via Article 15 and banned from ever entering a US Military Facility again. He's an unfortunate mental case who should be shoved in a corner and forgotten. My best,

top topics

join