It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northam wins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Last nights election was a referendum on Trumps very existence!It’s over!He should just resign now!

P.S. /Sarc has ended

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Northern Virginia is about as blue as it gets, so no surprise there. What is a surprise is how close the vote was.

Ah but Southern and Western Virginia are not progressive in any sense of the imagination. Once you leave the NoVA area you enter the world, how it was in the 1990s.

But it's kind of a good thing, IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Arnie123

Isn't that how Trump got elected? Most people voted for him simply because he wasn't Hillary.

I find it ironic that the dembs got elected because "they aren't Trump"....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Isn't that how Trump got elected? Most people voted for him simply because he wasn't Hillary.

I find it ironic that the dembs got elected because "they aren't Trump"....

Trump got elected because he was not Clinton so fair is fair I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: olaru12

Sure wish people (not you in particular just in general) would abandon "their team" and instead start voting for people that will do things, I dont know for the people they are elected to represent.

Well said. Totally agree...we can only hope, err, wishfully think.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

He beat out all of those Republicans in the primary. A lot of people loved what he was running for and voted for him rather than voting against Hillary. Yeah, he got a bunch of votes because he wasn't Hillary. That happens in every election. I voted for Romney because he wasn't Obama but I really didn't like Romney at the same time. But Trump still has a lot of support despite the narrative that every that voted for him changed their mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

did you get a bunch of stupid postcards from the republicans also? the one's that said things like "You can't afford Northam" and such. the never even mentioned who the opponent was, or what he stood for. I don't have a tv, so I didn't see what kind of ads were on tv, so that's all I did get really... those stupid postcards... I finally figured out who the opponent was, via internet, but it was those postcards that won me over.... FOR NORTHAM!!! they spent all that money telling be why northam was such an unsuitable candidate, but were too ashamed to even mention the other guys name?? not even one that presented the good qualities about him? they ran a crappy campaign from what I saw, a Trumpist campaign, where they devout most of their resources toward knocking down their opponent to avoid having to answer the hard questions as to what they want to do, and how.

Yep. Got a bunch of that mess. It went straight into the trash can. As far as I was concerned the energy that it took to walk over to the trashcan to drop it in was too much time to invest into that kind of BS.

The twisted and tortured logic it took to try to make Northam look like some kind of fiend was a major turn-off. By Monday afternoon I was starting to get physically ill watching that crap. And I was starting to worry that fear-based politics was going to win out again.

I can't afford crap!!! and transgender and statues are really, really low on my list of concerns..

What's annoying to me is that issues like those are just wedge issues that leverage emotions to get votes. The right criticizes the left for making decisions based on emotions, while they do the same thing; but they're even better at it.

hopefully this will turn out to be a repudiation of the new brand of republicanism that is raising it's head. the bannon version.

That nationalism garbage has concerned me ever since it started rearing its ugly head. Nationalism didn't turn out too well for any nation that pursued it in the mid twentieth century. In fact in some cases it turned out to be a catastrophic path to follow. I feel like maybe the US electorate is starting to wake up from the Bannon nightmare.

they will be giving the congress over to the dems... which will be just as bad as what we have now really.

There was a time in the not too distant past when Democrats and Republicans worked together on legislation. They practiced things like negotiation and cooperation. Of course ideologies were still part of the equation, but not nearly as much as it is these days. There were actually moderates on both sides of the aisle. There was more decorum and collegiality. Words like RINO and DINO didn't exist yet. If we can get back to that type of governing, maybe we can finally get a functional government again.

-dex

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Because the Democrats did nothing of the kind...the Democrats are angels..right..

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: DexterRiley

Because the Democrats did nothing of the kind...the Democrats are angels..right..

I was talking about this one specific case. Northam's ads were positive advertisements, Gillespie's ads were baseless attacks.

Democratic and Republican politicians are all scum. There are no angels in politics, only different types of demons.

-dex

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
North Carolina's Governor Roy Cooper in blackface too?!?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's not Cooper. It's photos of a frat that Cooper was not a member. If you even read the first comment you would know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join