It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you please help me?please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I come from China mainland ,in shang hai. My English is not good, but I am a enthusiast of military same as you. Could anyone realize a forward-swept wing aircraft which looks belong to U.S. navy and there is a serial-number “168813” paint on the empennage and “navy” on the fuselage
I just know a one and only American forward-aircraft which is X-29. But what is this one? It come from one of Chinese military BBS which is www.armysky.com. My friend in it who find this photo from a French web long time ago so forgot it. He also can not under stand French and find it only by chance moreover.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
could you post a direct link to the image? Its too difficult for an Englishman to navigate the site

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The X-29 and the S-37/Su-47 Berkut are the only two full fledged FSW planes that have signifigant flight time. To the best of my knowledge, no Air Force has one is squadron service.

I do recall some of the ATF proposals that were on paper did have FSW, but those never made it beyond the conceptual stage. Intialy the USN had interest in the ATF but dropped out when the A-12 Avenger II was killed.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Rockwell built a plastic mock up of their FSW design in the late 70's. It was called 'Sabrebat' and if the mock up was painted in USN livery it would have looked quite convincing. Thats why I want a link to the image so I could see if that was it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I really want to upload that photo of forward-swept wing aircraft from my hardware of computer. But I do not know that a link of that photo, so the icon above which provide to insert image is useless. I am sure someone like Waynos who is the first one replay me could tell me how to upload photo when I reply or deliver a topic except to use that insert image icon. I am again sure that photo which showed forward-swept wing aircraft absolutely more advanced than X-29 out and away.
Otherwise, would anyone were going to tell me the BBS of web which I am visiting in where? In U.S. or U.K. or others?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
To put the picture on here do this;

click on the link to open up the web pagetinypic.com...

on the web page click 'browse' to open up your pictures folder and double click on the picture you want to upload.

then click 'host it'

when it has uploaded highlight the 'img' box (it will have [IMG] around the url of your picture), copy it and paste it straight into a reply on this thread.

The picture will appear when you post the message.

like this one;

or even this from my OBA archive;

[edit on 12-2-2005 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have tried third to be successful at last, like this:

Could you tell me the size, model type number, time and manufactory of the photo above? If it is possible to give me seeing more picture about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It looks like a model or concept. I have never seen anything like this that actually was in flight test or mockup

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I got success, thanks you very much! But it's too complex step, why you don't put the "browse" item in the reply page? If I go to other place to jion some other topic of discussion, how to find "http://tinypic.com/" on page?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It looks like a model or concept. I have never seen anything like this that actually was in flight test or mockup

Yer, maybe you are right, it is possible to be a model only but if it appeared in 1977, that explain the FSW was bigun in the U.S. to be more earlier than Chinese military fan image.
by the way, the picture copy from a book which written was wrong, should be Su-7 "Fitter", not to be MiG-21 or MiG-19

[edit on 13-2-2005 by emile]

top topics

join