It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riding high, Xi looks to soothe Trump as U.S. pressures China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

BEIJING (Reuters) - When they met at U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in April, China’s President Xi Jinping found a way to charm the mercurial former real estate mogul. Trump hailed the “good chemistry” of the sunny summit in Florida and predicted “lots of very potentially bad problems will be going away.”

The “Bromance” is set to continue when Xi returns the favor by laying on a lavish welcome for Trump’s visit starting on Wednesday. Xi has grown more powerful since their last meeting, while Trump is under a political cloud after his former campaign manager was indicted in an intensifying investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.Chinese experts say

Riding high, Xi looks to soothe Trump as U.S. pressures China

I am all out for people helping each other, Nations helping each other, but where is this going to go for Our Nation? I know the Natives of this land are shaking their heads saying, 'We Told You So' because I hear them every day.

Keeping in mind this didn't happen yesterday, it's been creeping on us for a very long time for those with short memories. And not just China, but other Countries with foreign interests in America. Is our President D.Trump the first of them to push back? I hope so.

Chinese experts say Beijing has learned to manage Trump, a real-estate mogul who had never held elective office before becoming president, and whose administration in its first 10 months has been turbulent.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
the US pressure China? when has the US pressured China under Trump's cabinet?

does China's actions look like they give two squirts of piss when Trump opens his mouth?

i predict Trump will be coached to use his words carefully

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't agree. Our President seems to be ahead of the games by ten feet at any given moment. More than I can conclude about previous Presidents.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Trump's mission is to 'clue in' the USA's Asian Allies that the former Trade surpluses they enjoyed with America is being brought down.....
even as these same Asian Allies are required to up-their-involvement with self-defense costs of a new & expanded form of United Defense Force against a growing China presence in the Far-East-Oceania & South China Sea areas...

the USA is re-purposing the Trade & 'SEATO' equation ...into a more militaristic role/partnership
(even as China assaults the USD & petro-dollar former dominance)

the-fur-will-fly ... behind the outward Diplomacy gestures

ADD: www.japantimes.co.jp... &utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.Wf8ovbpFyK-

RE; Trump scolding Japan for not shooting down the NK missile that flew over Japan air-space
edit on th30150989463905102017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I can see it happening too, they aren't ready for President Trump they think he's unfamiliar with their ploys. He's more ahead of them than they know, trust me I can see it happening this way. Knowing his enemies is how he is bringing down the # house 'against' USA interests. I blame starting with but not exclusively Hoover, the Nixon era, the Bushes the Clintons, and Obamas including Gore and Biden for this misdemeanor towards our well being as Human beings and Citizens.

You bet fur will fly!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Contrary to popular belief, the USA is still the world's only superpower and China, Russia, et al., know this.

They will gladly do business with Trump even if that means he's driving a harder bargain.

I personally believe people have greatly overestimated any threat these nations pose, and people are adamant that China is this big bad scary Dragon but guys, dragons don't even exist. They are a Paper Tiger, it's all fluff and bluff.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Why do you think America the Great would fall without the dirty business of China and Saudi Arabia?

Tell me that!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

In 1 hour we could confiscate all that property they bought, and at best it would take them years, if ever, to get it back via court orders or whatever.

We hold the ultimate upper hand, especially against Saudi because we could invade them claiming they funded ISIL ISIS and Al Qaeda and half the world would join the coalition to help.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Xi Jinping is a very smart and very shrewd operator...he has done much to consolidate his own power. Don't underestimate his ability to woo and negotiate. His past is very much worth researching, as are his current moves within the Communist Party in China. I have no doubt that he is doing his best to make his mark on that country and create a legacy of his own that is compared to Mao. He is ruthless when it comes to rooting out typical corruption within his country.

With the US being China's greatest customer, I'm sure that China will treat Trump accordingly...like a king. And Jinping will probably measure his own words greatly, and be very focused on anything Trump says.

I don't expect a great deal of progress or support on the DPRK front though, even if there is progress, it won't be very publicized, IMO.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Oh I don't trust them worth a whip. On my other thread I just posted this, and it's in line with with what you just said.

The Art of War is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Spring and Autumn period in 5th century BC. The work, which is attributed to the ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu ("Master Sun", also spelled Sunzi), is composed of 13 chapters. Each one is devoted to a distinct aspect of warfare and how that applies to military strategy and tactics. For almost 1,500 years it was the lead text in an anthology that would be formalised as the Seven Military Classics by Emperor Shenzong of Song in 1080

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

In 1 hour we could confiscate all that property they bought, and at best it would take them years, if ever, to get it back via court orders or whatever.

Under President Trump, It might just happen. It hasn't up to now because the perpetrators HAVE BEEN the American Government up to this point.

It would take a Miracle for that to happen right now, and That is what I'm counting on Son.

The Chinese have been around a long time, they know all the antics. We're the new kids on the block and we are their breakfast.
edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Xi's history has been altered, censored, cleansed and washed repeatedly. So much so that most Chinese people don't know much truth about him.

The parts that were washed away paint a very different picture than what you believe.

I'll explain it this way... how does a man who makes 11,000 (less than 2000 USD) RMB a month as the highest paid gov't worker in China pay for his daughter to attend Harvard University and drive a Ferrari? He also owns 7 houses including 1 in a very expensive (10-20mil USD range) neighborhood in HK. Panama Papers... maybe you should read them to learn how much money he moved out of China. Don't say his family around him is paying because they are rich... if it's such a communist Red Guard-ish family how did they get the money to do it?

He's a corrupt as the people he's taken out.

top topics

join