It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-4 Antifa-Refuse Fascism protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am not one to count my chickens before the eggs have hatched, but I couldn't help but make an observation about the protests conducted by Antifa/Refuse Fascism today (11/4/17).

Did anyone else notice that they were largely peaceful, lawful assemblies?

And I mean largely. From what I read, someone had a drink spilled on them (which sucks, but isn't the crime of the century) but everyone appeared to be lawfully exercising their first amendment rights.

I am not one to typically offer props to that segment of the left, but I feel people doing the right thing should be commended when deserved, even when they engage in something we may disagree with ideologically. By supporting lawful assembly/free speech rights, we protect not only these citizens but also our own hypothetical future free speech assemblies.

So antifa/rf people, nice job today.

Your friendly neighborhood "right-tard" ammosexual,

JB

edit on 11/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I was at work all day, but I haven't heard anything about the protests today.
Cheers for peaceful assembly.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
it's funny how when there aren't nazis around, everything's super peaceful and chill...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You certainly won't find any support for those Nazi guys from me.

That being said, I support the right of any person who wishes to exercise free speech provided they do so peacefully and without infringing on anyone else's rights.

Those Nazi guys suck, but so do the communists. Why not let them all just say what they have to say? No one other than their own ranks are paying much attention anyhow, but peaceful assembly is healthy for the republic

IMHO, there is no reason for either party to attend the other parties events. They are of course legally allowed to do so, but in my eyes it just creates tension and hostilities that aren't really necessary and are 100% not helpful
edit on 11/5/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I'd say otherwise political segments are in need of updates. But to continue the blame game, since we don't come up with valuable alternatives, is keeping us from bettering, adding, taking away, containing and directing fascism and communism is maybe the only alternative the political middle has.
Spooky, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A lot of my right leaning friends were making a bigger deal of this "War" than there actually was. The whole thing was a non-issue. Antifa was never going to start any war. I'm surprised they even crawled out of mom's basement to protest. It's pretty cold outside right now.

Antifa does not bother me. Never has. They are annoying little flies. However, like any fly, they need feces and garbage to feed on. The feces and garbage they feed on, of course, are nazis, white nationalists, and fascists. Flies generally do not come around unless there is crap to feast on and lay eggs in. However, since the sewer that contains the human turds that are Nazis and fascists have been growing in number, getting bolder, and demonstrating and marching in force and numbers, Antifa, likewise, has been growing to feed on the turds. So, like any fly infestation, if you want to get rid of the flies, fly paper and spray will do nothing if you don't scoop up and toss out the rotting piles of crap and garbage that is attracting and feeding the flies in the first place. Clean up your house, and the flies go away.

Drive off and get rid of the Nazis, and Antifa goes back to Mommy's basement while they play WoW and have existential crisis over their gender identity and whether they identify as a man, a woman, or a unicycle that day. In otherwords, nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just goes to show the Alt-Right and the Alex Jones's of this world, who were screaming about how the lefties and Antifa were going to start violent insurrection today, just talk complete and utter nonsense.

I hope we all remember this next time the Alt-Right start trying to make absurd claims about 'Lefties' again in the future.

It's all a far-right wet-dream. And should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I am not one to typically offer props to that segment of the left, but I feel people doing the right thing should be commended when deserved,

That sounds like the guys on Maury who brag about paying their child support
Or the moms on there that brag about feeding “they” kids.
Who coincidently, look a lot like members of antifa.
Don’t give them a participation trophy
F%#k antifa in their snowflake shaped @ssholes.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

So much for the "Civil War" that many nutjobs claimed the "Left" was going to start today.

It always was a load of BS, but trying to convince ignoramuses that it was is nigh on impossible. They'll believe anything they read on their favoured websites and on their favourite TV station.

Watch them try and claim it did happen but they thwarted it, or some other wishywashy nonsense like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It was peaceful largely due to the fact that there was no opposition "protest" present. Lately, Antifa only shows up to cause problems for someone else's protest, and thus, conflict and fighting ensues. Yet when Antifa protests, no one tries to crash the party just to cause trouble.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
It was peaceful largely due to the fact that there was no opposition "protest" present. Lately, Antifa only shows up to cause problems for someone else's protest, and thus, conflict and fighting ensues. Yet when Antifa protests, no one tries to crash the party just to cause trouble.

Nope, it was peaceful because the organisers always said is was going to be a peaceful protest and so it was. It was the far-right nutters who came up with the conspiracy theory that it was actually going to be the beginning of a civil war - and now those same people are scrambling to come up with excuses for why their conspiracy didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: timequake

yes, sums it up well

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Nope, it was peaceful because the organisers always said is was going to be a peaceful protest and so it was. It was the far-right nutters who came up with the conspiracy theory that it was actually going to be the beginning of a civil war - and now those same people are scrambling to come up with excuses for why their conspiracy didn't happen.

i got a different result....never saw a it's going to be peaceful bit

my bunch carry'd extra clips....instead of four......I had 11

edit on 5-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So I guess the question is, were they always going to be peaceful or did not enough show up to spur them on to a fight?

*shrugs* either way I do not think it mattered.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: Kryties

i got a different result....never saw a it's going to be peaceful bit

You should probably expand the amount of news organisations you get your news from then. The only people flogging the "civil war" nonsense were Alex Jones, Fox News and a bunch of far-right nutters.

my bunch carry'd extra clips....instead of four......I had 11

For what? A "war" that only occurred in the insane minds of some far-right nutjobs? Geez, glad you were prepared for that lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Blah blah blah Same old protection of a leftist hate group. The violence comes not from the “natzis” it’s the counter protesting thugs. These children in their Halloween masks just didn’t have anyone to pick a fight with!!reply to: fiverx313

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wrong again, if the right showed up the children would have started trouble. History of this punk azz group shows us this. They suck and shouldn’t be defended a reply to: Kryties

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Blah blah blah Same old protection of a leftist hate group. The violence comes not from the “natzis” it’s the counter protesting thugs. These children in their Halloween masks just didn’t have anyone to pick a fight with!!reply to: fiverx313

Wrong.

The protest was always meant to be peaceful, the organisers stated so many times. It was only the far-right nutters who blew it all out of proportion and claimed it was the beginning of a "civil war". Now that their conspiracy didn't pan out they are scrambling to find any excuse they can think of to justify having fallen for the nonsense.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Wrong again, if the right showed up the children would have started trouble. History of this punk azz group shows us this. They suck and shouldn’t be defended a reply to: Kryties

If the "right" showed up they would be just as responsible for any violence as those on the "left".

Face it mate, the "civil war" was a conspiracy dreamed up by nutjobs and picked up by Alex Jones and subsequently Fox News. There was no "civil war" planned, it was all just nonsense intended to demonize peaceful protesters because the "right" disagreed with them. Many people fell for the lie, now they are scrambling to find excuses for why they did so.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

it's funny how when there aren't nazis around, everything's super peacefully and chill...

How many 'white nationalist' rallies/protests go peaceful when Antifa isn't around. Seems we just need to keep the kids separated until they grow up.
edit on 5-11-2017 by AntiDoppleganger because: cause grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join