It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration report: ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

And yet the US is lowering emissions faster than Canada

v"It's a bit of a paradox, here," Gurria told The Canadian Press. "In Canada, you have a situation where you have a very strong political will to reduce, but effectively it has not gone on the planned road.

"In the United States, you have a government that has pulled out of the (Paris) agreement, but in the United States you are having a reduction in emissions."

www.cbc.ca...

Good job!

That's because there's a lot more of it to curve while canada's already refined. US CO2 emissions are #2 in the world at 14% of global emissions. China #1 at 30% and Canada at 1.5% releasing about 10x less than US.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Good strategy to release it.

Now people can rip it apart easier.

You've defined your entire posting philosophy.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

But we are 7th in the world per capita. The oilsands have disgraced us. Now we are going to import 1 million New Canadians by 2020. That should surly help

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So is this fake news or where are the conservative media goal posts on this? Would be great if conservatives finally started taking this serious.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
So is this fake news or where are the conservative media goal posts on this? Would be great if conservatives finally started taking this serious.

Oh we take the disagreement over the existence, cause of, and action intended to change this very seriously. We simply disagree with you over those things. You see, people can disagree over issues without the need for hystrionics and hyperbolic asininity. You seem to have fallen into the trap of believing only agreement and lockstep with your views constitutes seriousness. It's the definition of petulence.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay cool so does that mean conservatives now accept the overwhelming consensus of manmade climate change?

You seem to have an attitude about it but I’ll remind you conservatives have gone from complete denial of climate change to then saying it was a natural cycle and now this report... so it seems a legit question to ask where the conservative goal posts are as of today.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I disagree with this report.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I’m not surprised, but how do you do that? Seems prideful.
edit on 3-11-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: xuenchen
Good strategy to release it.

Now people can rip it apart easier.

You've defined your entire posting philosophy.

Yep , if it requires ripping apart , that one can surely perform the task
They have my admiration

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I’m not surprised, but how do you do that?

It's amazingly easy, actually. I think for myself and when I see something I don't agree with, I say "Uhm, I disagree with that."

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here we go....
Now watch for a major anti - AGW act coming soon to a theater near you.
I love it.
Pi**ing in the liberals cornflakes yet again.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's amazingly easy, actually. I think for myself and when I see something I don't agree with, I say "Uhm, I disagree with that."

Seems extremely prideful. Can you share the conclusions you’ve come to? How do you explain this? Is it all figment of everyone’s imagination?
edit on 3-11-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I think it goes like this--> Humans are small and the surface of the planet is 0.001% of the Earth and humans taking up 1-3% (civilization) of the Earth's total area. These "gas-zses" (unfamiliar with how to pronounce this strange, word) could in no way shape the massive scale

/reduced everyone's stress
/put seething hearts to rest
/gets 50 stars for the joy i brought
edit on 3-11-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Yeah I just wonder how that argument stacks of against a report finding ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change....

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Seems extremely prideful.

Me? Noooo!!! GTFO! Have we met before? Is this supposed to be something I and pretty much everyone didn't already know about me?

Can you share the conclusions you’ve come to? How do you explain this? Is it all figment of everyone’s imagination?

I've gone through this multiple times in multiple threads. While I don't feel like retyping it all, I will only say this... there are two issues which watching a board full of CT enthusiasts eat up the official story with a spoon and beg for more simply boggles my mind. They are without a doubt the two largest piles of questionable BS that anyone with a paranoid conspiratorial mind should be shouting "Hey wait, hold the phone, you really expect us to believe this horsecrap?" about and they are...
1. The accepted without a shred of evidence death of Osama bin Laden
2. The ponzi scheme known as Anthropogenic Climate Change. Earth isn't static, never has been... we're no colder nor any warmer than we've ever been on probably millions of prior days on this little rock in space. We're using a pin prick worth of observed data to analyse and predict 4.5 billion years worth of climate. And we're throwing money at this!!! That, my friend, is why PT Barnum made a fortune.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So, to what do you attribute the current warming trend?
How soon can we expect it to level off, naturally?
If it doesn't level off, or slow down, do you think the costs of the effects will be negligible?

The government report (it is quite comprehensive):

In the industrial era, human activities have been, and are increasingly, the dominant cause of climate warming. The increase in radiative forcing due to these activities has far exceeded the relatively small net increase due to natural factors, which include changes in energy from the sun and the cooling effect of volcanic eruptions.

science2017.globalchange.gov...

edit on 11/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It was 87 in Raleigh today and I could ride my bike to Dunn where you are. Yeah, it was cold for a few days a couple weeks back, but this isn’t the ‘normal’ climate in fall in NC — it was 90 or more for several days at the beginning of the State Fair. When will it feel like fall in NC?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

It seems odd that people seem to think a 0.5º rise in global average temperatures would imply that it shouldn't get cold anywhere, anymore.

And that even a 2.0º rise in global average temperatures would imply that it won't get cold anywhere, anymore.

Seems odd.

edit on 11/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

It seems odd that people seem to think a 0.5º rise in global average temperatures would imply that it shouldn't get cold anywhere, anymore.

And that even a 2.0º rise in global average temperatures would imply that it won't get cold anywhere, anymore.

Seems odd.

What is truly odd is the belief that overall warmer is a bad thing.

We should be looking at doing all kinds of things to make the world better with much bigger ideas.

For instance..the seasons are far too extreme...the wobble of Earth is far too great.

Let us find a way to reduce this and things will be much better indeed.

Secondly...pump off a foot of the oceans into space and see what happens.

Frankly people should be tired of keeping things the same here, time to go in totally different directions with REAL SCIENCE...not the panic filled afraid to die nonsense of the past 50,000 years.

Stop theorizing about meaningless garbage and do something cool and BIG.

And stop lying to us about the massive horrors the climate is going through.

Anyone with eyes to see knows it is a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

To infinity

and beyond.

!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join