It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to allow churches to endorse political candidates again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aazadan
Probably no one, from what I understand of Satanists they're very much about doing what you want to do so long as you don't harm others. I can't see them telling people to vote a specific way.

There also a bit satirical and ironic so I could see them tossing an endorsement to someone who would never want it.

Maybe, the only thing I really have to go by there is politicians of other nations who comment on our elections, in such a way that you have to wonder if they're giving their opinion, or trying to manipulate our vote. Like when Putin publicly comes out for Trump... is he trying to help or harm Trump in that scenario?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: CB328

i cant help but think its a good thing for the country. i would rather see a man of faith as president then some gay or lesbian as president. i know a lot of the churches out there are all about making money and im sure alot of the pastors out there are not true to the church. but i mean, come on, would you rather have an evil Hillary as president? would you rather have the same evil clown running the country like we have been? i think some good christian leadership could go a long way.

What does homosexuality have to do with worthiness to be President? My understanding of Christian faith is that your attraction isn't important. But they view the act of homosexual sex as sinful. So if a gay celibate were to run, would you still be against them?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Like when Putin publicly comes out for Trump... is he trying to help or harm Trump in that scenario?

Probably a bit of both.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

didn't god send his chosen people in to kill every man woman and child a few different times in the bible to a few different peoples. that kinda blows your whole theory out of the water.

If you mean the 'tites' like the Amorites, Hittites, Moabites and Rephaim + more then yes, those half-human / half demon offspring abominations were destined to be wiped out.

They are the offspring of the fallen watchers, not Adam & Eve.

Spiritually they are all still alive as their evil spirits are cursed to roam this world forever. Only the host bodies were destroyed which is how Numbers 13:33 existed after the Great Flood.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

i cant help but think its a good thing for the country. i would rather see a man of faith as president then some gay or lesbian as president. i know a lot of the churches out there are all about making money and im sure alot of the pastors out there are not true to the church. but i mean, come on, would you rather have an evil Hillary as president? would you rather have the same evil clown running the country like we have been? i think some good christian leadership could go a long way.

Good, Christian leadership like the "compassionate Conservatives" who sent us to two wars in the Middle East one of which was based on lies and a desire to finish what his daddy started?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good, Christian leadership like the "compassionate Conservatives" who sent us to two wars in the Middle East one of which was based on lies and a desire to finish what his daddy started?

Naa. Compassionite conservatism like our current President and his genocide on Middle Easterners. Between his election and the end of September, just 8 months, we had killed more civilians as collateral damage in our bombing campaigns than we killed in all of Obama's 8 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'll never cease to be amazed at how many people seem to think restricting speech is a good thing. I thought America was all about freedom of speech.

Except in a church building.

The non-profit status is there simply because a church is not a 'business.' It makes no product; it offers no service for sale. It receives no profit. All of the income from a church is from donations freely given or not by those who wish to give. It will typically pay for its bills (electricity, water, heat), pay the preacher a subsistence income to help him out, and give the rest as charity toward other causes... typically causes which people crying about tax exemptions would support.

And yet, there are all these people who say religion should be essentially outlawed unless the worshipers pay heavily to exercise their 'right.' That's not a right; that is a privilege.

It's about time we again had freedom of religion in this country, and it's about time we again had freedom of speech in this country. As far as I am concerned the Fascists that think freedom is wrong if they don't like the message can just suck it up and accept that their opinions are not the only ones that matter, or they can go find another country to live in where they can practice their Fascism.

That includes those who would punish churches for speaking freely, Antifa, and BLM.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: CB328
This is very alarming, considering how many churchgoers there are that believe whatever their church tells them.

You will believe anything the Church of the Leftists will tell you, so what is the difference?

Did you just make up a religion???

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A seperation of church and state goes both ways. I know I don't want a situation where churches are free to endorse specific government officials, but rival officials are unable to respond to those comments.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what exactly is wrong with an unjust law being abolished? the law was specifically against religious groups. don't want churches involved in politics? then bring in a fair and just law. a law that prohibits any and all charitable/non-profit groups that get tax breaks from equally being involved in politics. endorsing candidates or political parties or loosing their tax breaks. very simple. churches are far from alone with people that believe whatever they are told by groups they are involved with. while we are at it, also add in other groups such as unions and businesses endorsing candidates or political parties as well. two other groups that have no more business doing so than a church does.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No one's speech is being restricted. My god, what a tired complaint.

Churches were given non-profit status because they were supposed to be serving their communities in charitable ways.

A church is a corporation and like every corporate entity, it should be paying income and property taxes.

The restriction on political promotion and lobbying applies to all non-profits in the class not just churches.

If they want to function as political action committees, they should absolutely do so ... they should just lose their taxpayer subsidies for doing so.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So you don't want a country where people can freely speak out against the government?

Churches are associations of people who choose to assemble for the express purpose of worship and support in religious ideals. Do you think people are free to speak their mind or not?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A church is a corporation

Wrong. There is no corporate charter involved in becoming a church... in fact there is no regulation that any church file anything with any government to exist. Some churches don't even have buildings, but meet in various members' homes for worship.

Please back this up with the regulation that states that a church is required to incorporate in order to exist.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So you don't want a country where people can freely speak out against the government?

Churches are associations of people who choose to assemble for the express purpose of worship and support in religious ideals. Do you think people are free to speak their mind or not?

TheRedneck

Those people can say whatever they want. The pastors in their duty of representing the church, cannot.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
IRS Section 501(c)(3) is quite clear on the qualifications for tax-exempt status for churches and religious organizations.

IRS

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Most church goers are Conservative and pro religion so regardless of how you feel, this isn't a big deal.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This is very alarming, considering how many churchgoers there are that believe whatever their church tells them. America may end up like Iran and Iraq with religious leaders and militias running the country. Everyone should be concerned about this.

If people will believe anything their church tells them, then it only makes sense that they would echo their church’s political views whether their church made a public endorsement or a private one.

Your OP reaks if bias and fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Pastors are not people?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
They allow liberals to vote,all that is required is they be over 21,and registered,so why shouldn't they be allowed,they allow all this social crap,transgendered,gay,at least a church has moral values,not so much liberals

That's because Transgenderism, Gay and Liberals are all real things. God isn't.

It's quite funny the amount of God botherers who won't accept transgenderism (that's fine with me your choice) they refuse to call them she and will say it's mental illness and on and on, meanwhile I'm more afraid of those who believe in sky wizards and paradises and zombies returning from the dead. Don't even mention the ark with two of every animal.
Just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
this is awful.

our founding fathers are rolling in their graves. some of you were so bloody scared of sharia law LOLOLOLOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join