It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to allow churches to endorse political candidates again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Anyone who has every attended church on a regular basis knows that politics is there too. Especially around election time. Just like sports is during Super Bowl week, and military is during war.

Call it gods endorsement on our screwed up notions of civilization.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
You didn't happen to finagle a way to get your name on the ballot, now did you?

I prefer to remain in the background pulling the strings.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dastardly.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Wonderful, I can see it now. The Christian party, the Islam party, the pagan party. As someone pointed out, just like the ME.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShiveredIce

I don't want another Pat Robinson, especially one that could actually become President.

We have one as the VP.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Vote for my Master:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is very alarming, considering how many churchgoers there are that believe whatever their church tells them.

You will believe anything the Church of the Leftists will tell you, so what is the difference?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Bro like what are you even talking about how is that relevant to that comment ?
man I swear I have no political affiliation but reading with an unbiased point if view I've seen the trump supporters blaming everything on the left.
a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I prefer to remain in the background pulling the strings.

Always knew you were the 'Hidden Hand' controlling both sides like a puppet master.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Always knew you were the 'Hidden Hand' controlling both sides like a puppet master.

I've never made that secret, you're all dancing monkeys/sheeple sandwiches in my all seeing eyes.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Curious to see who the Church of Satan will endorse.

Probably no one, from what I understand of Satanists they're very much about doing what you want to do so long as you don't harm others. I can't see them telling people to vote a specific way.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

didn't god send his chosen people in to kill every man woman and child a few different times in the bible to a few different peoples. that kinda blows your whole theory out of the water.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm fine with churches acting as political platforms (as if they aren't already) as long as they start paying their property and corporate taxes.

Every free association of Americans should have the right to speak; they should not, however, have their activities subsidized by the American taxpayer.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Probably no one, from what I understand of Satanists they're very much about doing what you want to do so long as you don't harm others. I can't see them telling people to vote a specific way.

There also a bit satirical and ironic so I could see them tossing an endorsement to someone who would never want it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Oldtimer2

It’s about the nonprofit status.. and I don’t see how these mega churches and stuff are immune..

They can afford a dozen jets, but can’t pay their taxes.. yea.

Has nothing to do with non-profit status. Plenty of non-profit charities lean heavily Democrat or Republican. Who cares.

Nobody should for the govt taking more taxes from the people.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The House Republican tax bill released Thursday would allow churches to endorse political candidates, rolling back a 1950s-era law that bars such activities.

The proposed change is listed at the end of the 429-page legislation.

It states that churches should not lose their tax-exempt status based on statements about political candidates made during the course of religious services.

from the article. lol talk about 100% income. no Taxes and they can take a "donation"
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

i cant help but think its a good thing for the country. i would rather see a man of faith as president then some gay or lesbian as president. i know a lot of the churches out there are all about making money and im sure alot of the pastors out there are not true to the church. but i mean, come on, would you rather have an evil Hillary as president? would you rather have the same evil clown running the country like we have been? i think some good christian leadership could go a long way.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
catholics like child rape and so does donald, peas in a pod.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

They allow liberals to vote,all that is required is they be over 21,and registered

The voting age is 18.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
They allow liberals to vote,all that is required is they be over 21,and registered,so why shouldn't they be allowed,they allow all this social crap,transgendered,gay,at least a church has moral values,not so much liberals

So homosexuals and transpersons don't have moral values?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join