It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions under fire after court documents reveal more lies he told Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

uh oh....

Court documents revealed by special counsel Robert Mueller this week show that Sessions was present for a March 2016 meeting at which he vetoed a suggestion that then-candidate Donald Trump meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin. CNN said that Sessions declined to reveal his participation in the meeting “despite a persistent set of questions from Democrats and some Republicans about Russia during multiple hearings on Capitol Hill.”

Trumps Attorney general lying to Congress....wouldn't you think he would know better.....

www.rawstory.com...

Sessions had meetings with Russian ambassador to the U.S. — and purported spy master and recruiter — Sergei Kislyak that he later lied about under oath.

edit on 2-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Par for the course. Isn't it strange that no one has been charged with anything at all up to this point? Almost as if they are playing their parts in some huge orchestrated theatre play for the masses.

Can't make a deal with people then start throwing them in jail for doing their part can they? No one is going to be charged with anything and all of this will have been for nothing other than show, I guarantee it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Par for the course. Isn't it strange that no one has been charged with anything at all up to this point? Almost as if they are playing their parts in some huge orchestrated theatre play for the masses.

Can't make a deal with people then start throwing them in jail for doing their part can they? No one is going to be charged with anything and all of this will have been for nothing other than show, I guarantee it.

Maybe... just maybe this was how Trump planned to drain the swamp

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Trump being the mastermind behind all these people's shady connections and years of corruption? Ha! That's a good one, I doubt Trump could fight his way out of a wet paper bag much less orchestrate something as complicated and convoluted as the narrative being played out by the media right now.
edit on 11/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe. but they forced Nixon out for much less than the Trump debacle.

Haldeman, Ehrlechman and Mitchell went to jail.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

People don't go to jail for lying anymore. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump being the mastermind behind all these people's shady connections and years of corruption?

I think part of the problem with Trump is the same Obama had when he first took office:

Everyone in Washington with experience and expertise is part of the game.

Anyone trying to change the game or end the game will always have their admin filled to the brim with these characters. They stack the deck long before the game is ever played.

Obama started out making some positive changes as well. But as time wore on you could tell it was back to square one.

I see Trump in much the same way today. You can't fight democrat corruption with republican corruption. He either really didn't know how bad things actually are, or he's part of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be the end of the Keebler Dark Elf!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Trump filled the swamp with swamp creatures all so he could take credit for draining it? That. That actually sounds reasonable coming from Trump actually. I could see his ego orchestrating something like that, though I doubt it would be intentional. Likely he never intended to fill the swamp (or at least get caught doing it), but taking credit for draining the swamp he filled is TOTALLY something I could see him doing.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wouldn't Herr Drumpf have already tweeted that, if that were the case?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So funny get the hit pieces out to discredit Sessions, so sorry he is admirable and honest man...what ya going do when he comes for you lol

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't see why everyone is so upset at Sessions. So he lied a half dozen times about having interactions with Russians and Russian agents (I mean, c'mon, who here at ATS hasn't made the same mistake?). Shouldn't we all really just be focused on impeaching Hillary?
edit on 44pm17fpmThu, 02 Nov 2017 15:07:41 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 02 Nov 2017 15:07:41 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I don't see why everyone is so upset at Sessions. So he lied a half dozen times about having interactions with Russians and Russian agents (I mean, c'mon, who here at ATS hasn't made the same mistake?). Shouldn't we all really just be focused on impeaching Hillary?

I see what you did there...

thanks Obama.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This administration is like watching the Sapranos.
Top cop most corrupt.
edit on 1122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
edit on 1122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
Does Jeff sessions position as Mueller's boss preclude him from being investigated by Mueller?

I bet he wishes he had never recused himself from the case. I'm sure president Trump feels the same way.

It was speculated last week that Jeff sessions would not be in his position at the end of this year. He would be fired by the president.
edit on 11/2/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This administration is like watching the Sapranos.
Top cop most corrupt.

More like, every administration is like watching the Sopranos. Like seriously -- all these politicians are corrupt and I'd bank that most of them were out right white collar criminals. You think the next president isn't going to have a corrupt administration when literally every fortune company is run by corruption, every major retail franchise is run by corruption, every single tech company is run by corruption, congress and the senate are run by corruption, and local municipal state governments are run by corruption?

You can't drain the swamp, because the swamp is literally everyone at the top of their industry -- world wide. The president has a job for 8 years max, 4 years per a term, AND has to not get impeached. He's a temp, not a lifer -- it's usually NOT the president who is corrupt, but the government around him that is, and the president has to navigate this corruption to TRY to do something positive for the country.

Presidents really are almost just public relations these days, and that's solely because he's considered a "Temp" by the lifers.

You do not sound smart when you go around talking trash about republicans when democrats are just as bad, which means some republicans are worse, and some democrats are worse, it's pretty equally distributed.

I mean, FFS -- Obama's administration was shipping guns to Mexican gangs with no way to track them outside of ballistics in an attempt to track them, when they just sold them to the cartels? None of that makes any sense other than, they were paying, and we were for sale -- so we sold. It doesn't get anymore Tony Soprano than that.

Didn't we just read that story of how the NY Mayor was bought and paid for? He was a democrat, that's some real life mafia ish right there.
edit on 2-11-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Anyone trying to change the game or end the game will always have their admin filled to the brim with these characters. They stack the deck long before the game is ever played.

Pretty much my thinking on this.

If one were to truly want to clean things up in D.C., where, and with whom, does one begin?

You get hosed either way.

Bring in someone from outside the beltway and they have little to no experience in government, or bring in someone who has the experience, but they've been steeped in the muck for so long, they reek as much as any other denizen of the swamp.

Plus, it's not just the heads of each department, it's the absolute hordes of under secretaries of this and associate directors of that which are entrenched in their positions and have been through numerous administrations.

Throw in lobbyists and you have a whole zoo of other assorted problems.

I'm leaning toward the "really didn't know how bad things actually are," side of your equation. Only just so.

Trump, the private citizen has been critical of government waste and corruption for a long long time; of everyone from Reagan up to and including Obama.

If it's an act, it's a damn good one that he's been carrying out for a considerable span.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They're not exactly laying out a case of clever espionage and mastermind planning so much as one of greed and insecurity and a complete lack of scruples. If he was a master mind we wouldn't be looking at this investigation. We wouldn't know about any of this. He thinks he's smarter than everybody and that will be his undoing.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe this is why he did. Still, all i see is that he said he vetoed a meeting with Trump and Russians. So, how is that lying? He was not communicating with Russian Operatives and in fact was saying no it should not happen.

This is a BS hit piece written to get those who hate Trump and the Keebler Elf salivating....

this is what he said...

"Let me state this clearly, colleagues: I have never met with or had any conversation with any Russians or foreign officials concerning any type of interference with any campaign or election in the United States. Further, I have no knowledge of any such conversations by anyone connected to the Trump campaign."

Where is the lying part????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join