It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions under fire after court documents reveal more lies he told Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

What, make it so that no senators or representatives want to run for reelection?
He right on track.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: olaru12

This administration is like watching the Sapranos.
Top cop most corrupt.

Who are the corrupt underlings in this Administration? Care to elaborate?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More like a garden gnome.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I don't see why everyone is so upset at Sessions. So he lied a half dozen times about having interactions with Russians and Russian agents (I mean, c'mon, who here at ATS hasn't made the same mistake?). Shouldn't we all really just be focused on impeaching Hillary?

Hillary and her administration.
Apparently winning the popular vote meant something after all. Like the first runner up in the Miss America contest.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is he Muellers boss? Mueller is a special council. He came to that position from a private firm not the FBI rank and file. I'm not saying he isnt. I don't know. I'm truly asking.
but to answer your question ... He's investigating trump and he is his boss.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Jeff sessions is supposed to be the top boss of the entire Justice System which includes Mueller. Unless a special counsel is exempt from that somehow.

I'm sure somebody who knows the answer will chime in and clear that up.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He said he was never at any meetings where Russians were discussed. He was. How do you have to ask how is that a lie? It seems pretty clear cut to me.
edit on 1122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Maybe president Trump had Jeff sessions in mind when he said that the judicial system is a joke.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I guess.
Everybody here thinks they're an expert. Lol.
You're probably right.
I'm running down how Watergate went when Nixon was trying to get his special council fired. Without having to look it up. Lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sorry my browser is slow.
edit on 1122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

He's like a cocker spaniel. Cute but still a dog.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So now he cannot even be in a meeting where Russians are discussed. I see. IN a meeting where he said we should not meet with Russians?

So tell me, how the fark can anything get done if any elected or private citizen cannot talk 'about' Russia? Read the article again.He did nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

uh oh....

Court documents revealed by special counsel Robert Mueller this week show that Sessions was present for a March 2016 meeting at which he vetoed a suggestion that then-candidate Donald Trump meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin. CNN said that Sessions declined to reveal his participation in the meeting “despite a persistent set of questions from Democrats and some Republicans about Russia during multiple hearings on Capitol Hill.”

Trumps Attorney general lying to Congress....wouldn't you think he would know better.....

www.rawstory.com...

Sessions had meetings with Russian ambassador to the U.S. — and purported spy master and recruiter — Sergei Kislyak that he later lied about under oath.

So a meeting with only Trump people where popadopolous recommended Trump meet with Putin and Sessions said no is somehow a knock against him, or did you not read the article? No Russians present and Sessions said don't do it....failing to see the issue here.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Knee jerk reaction :
Sessions has to go,
he's a liability to Trump

Imagine :
Trump names a new AG in his stead
Why not Rachel Brand ?

Rachel Brand could fire Mueller !
(yes she could)

As it is, only Rosentein, Deputy AG, can fire Mueller
given that Sessions, has recused himself from all things 'Russia"
He's totally useless to Trump as things stand

If (when) Trump nominates a new AG,
the Mueller 'thing' falls under his(her) remit
Therefore, Trump could ask the new AG to fire Mueller ...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Isn't this story a part of what this vid is about ? We have someone who was there J D Gordon

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I thought lawmakers and administration lying to each other and the people was the norm.

Truth is so old school.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Chromium51

Trump being the mastermind behind all these people's shady connections and years of corruption? Ha! That's a good one, I doubt Trump could fight his way out of a wet paper bag much less orchestrate something as complicated and convoluted as the narrative being played out by the media right now.

You are speaking as if this was a plot that needed a mastermind behind it. That this was some great, well planned conspiracy. That there was any subtlety or real effort to hide their crimes. And there was nothing complicated about what they did.

You would be mistaken. Trump and his crew were hamfisted, sloppy, and left a trail of breadcrumbs everywhere. They were brash, arrogant, and made little effort to conceal their crimes because they were confident no punishment would come from it, and no one would care. They were horribly mistaken.

it's one of the reasons Mueller's investigation has moved so fast. Usually cases against major criminal conspiracies take years, because criminal organizations go through great lengths to hide, conceal, and cover up their crimes. In Trump's case, you had a bunch of political amateurs and white collar con-men trying to play a game out of their league. They left a trail of bread crumbs so wide, so huge, and so obvious, Mueller didn't have to work hard or fast to harvest it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is he Muellers boss? Mueller is a special council. He came to that position from a private firm not the FBI rank and file. I'm not saying he isnt. I don't know. I'm truly asking.
but to answer your question ... He's investigating trump and he is his boss.

No, Rosenstein is Meuller's boss, because Sessions has recused himself from the case. Sessions is Rosenstein's boss, but because of his recusing himself, he has no sway over Mueller and the investigation.

Though given that he pretty much perjured himself, he might not be Rosenstein's boss for long.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Bottom line. Putin and the Russians are laughing their collective asses off because as a country we look like f'n idiots and it is not because of Trump. It is because of our media.

Those who oppose Trump are STILL empowering Russia with this rhetoric.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join