It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest tax reforms just more of the same old insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm reading about Trump's latest tax reform proposals what a freaking mess. Why can't we just get one thing right every 100 years. Why can't we just get rid of ALL the deductions and just have 3 progressive flat rates. Just end the insanity once and for all.

And please, why do we have static tax tables. My God! NASA can land a space ship on Mars but we can come up with a tax law that takes into account wage inflation. My God, the math illiteracy is just stunning. Make the flat rates be a percentage or multiple of the median wage. NO MORE TAX TABLES!

And just get rid of corporate taxes altogether. Corporate taxes do nothing but hurt the economy. Workers are where the value of money comes from. Why can't we make this country great again on just ONE thing.

edit on 2-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm reading about Trump's latest tax reform proposals what a freaking mess. Why can't we just get one thing right every 100 years. Why can't we just get rid of ALL the deductions and just have 3 progressive flat rates. Just end the insanity once and for all.

And please, why do we have static tax tables. My God! NASA can land a space ship on Mars but we can come up with a tax law that takes into account wage inflation. My God, the math illiteracy is just stunning. Make the flat rates be a percentage or multiple of the median wage. NO MORE TAX TABLES!

And just get rid of corporate taxes altogether. Corporate taxes do nothing but hurt the economy. Workers are where the value of money comes from. Why can't we make this country great again on just ONE thing.

Even easier would be a consumption tax with zero deuctions. Then EVERYONE pays taxes for government services based on their spending (normally based on income). Might help some families cut some unnecessay spending as well...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Then what would you do with all the unemployed IRS agents?
I'm thinking firing squad..

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because workers don't buy politicians, as they are too busy buying groceries and paying taxes. The 'Richies' have a team of workers looking for ways both legal/illegal to dodge those taxes.

When/if they do pay taxes, it usually consists of a tax deduction to politicians that their business interests butt up against.

Maybe it'll 'trickle down'?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree our tax system is insane. It's ridiculous that people have to pay to have their taxes done because of the ever changing tax codes. I would be fine with a 15 or 20 percent fixed tax across the board. They should also put an end to offshore banking by the rich. Stop the deductions and loopholes and have everyone pay a fixed rate.

Adios IRS. Unfortunately, it will hurt those people who have careers as accountants.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
End the fed, abolish the illegal income tax.

Use a flat rate. Problem solved.. oh wait, we can't solve that problem, then the government won't have enough money to waste on wars and social programs.

ETA: The one thing that really makes me angry about taxes is that the government double and triple dips. Like if I want to hire employees, not only do they have to pay taxes, but I have to pay taxes to employ them... so dumb..
edit on 11/2/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Have them work on past due collections.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's funny how certain topics on ATS get tons of posts. And others people have no opinion at all. It's almost as if the people posting here will only comment on topics coming out of the echo chambers.

new topics

top topics

join