It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Taking Classes to Unlearn Toxic Masculinity From Rape Crisis Center, Collective Action for Safe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I suggest you google it, there are about a dozen different web pages with different definitions.

ETA: like I said according to some I fit the definition.
edit on 24-10-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: ketsuko

Toxic masculinity is a social countruct.
So yes, it can apply to those who identify themselves as male.

But, Come on, out with it. I know you want to point fingers at certain people. Might as well just say it.
Does that thought touch a nerve on masculinity?

As a woman it does. Not only do I love my man, but I am raising a son and have no interest in trying to raise a she-male who's afraid to be a little boy.

We want to raise him to respect others, but not to fear who and what he is and will be - a man.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think it's more like, if you see them as a sex object rather than a person you've got issues. When you approach someone at a bar, do you see someone you want to sleep with, or a peer?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

They should rename it 'Classes to Pussify Men'... More would join up, I'm sure.

Thank you for giving a great example of the toxic culture.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Men don't want overly driven, fire breathing, dragon ladies hell bent on usurping their roles as fathers and heads of households, because their "goals" as women have been sabotaged by an established belief that you are beneath men so you must at ALL COST prove that you are not...and MOST men tolerate that...

That's not what I want at all.

I don't want someone interested in being domestic, or pumping out children, or motherly. I want someone career minded, capable of actually making sacrifices like putting a relationship second, intelligent, cold, and with zero need for dependency.

It sounds to me like you just want 1950's gender roles.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

THANKS not EASY when the costal clowns start LOOSING it and media backs them, BUT they ARE weak,lost kids who's parents didn't spank them so THE planet will instead and either KILL them off once they LEAVE their protective cocoons of political correct love love or they get all PISSED off ,JUST like me at all the lies.
THEY can't fight.NOT really worried HOW Soros spends his 18B.
WE own this.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Peers at a bar?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
So are we making males toxic , by not having decent enough father figures , or is it something our mothers arent doing right ?
where does the toxicity come from ?

The idolization of traditional gender roles. People are people, their job in life shouldn't be segregated by gender.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, your attitude is pretty toxic.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Peers at a bar?

I guess that poster missed the reason many of both sexes go into that atmosphere.
SMH.

Now, if they used the church metaphor or a funeral, now that would be a better example of that indicator. Going into those contexts expecting to "get some" would indicate a form of warped morals IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Peers at a bar?

What else would they be? Prey? That's even worse.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I guess that poster missed the reason many of both sexes go into that atmosphere.
SMH.

Now, if they used the church metaphor or a funeral, now that would be a better example of that indicator. Going into those contexts expecting to "get some" would indicate a form of warped morals IMO.

Actually, my point was that I don't like that atmosphere. A real man has no need to get someone drunk in order to find companionship. You go there, because you're looking for a trophy. On the hunt. That's toxic behavior. Real men have no need or want for that.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

SMH.

Actually, my point was that I don't like that atmosphere. A real man has no need to get someone drunk in order to find companionship. You go there, because you're looking for a trophy. On the hunt. That's toxic behavior. Real men have no need or want for that.

And women go there for the same reason, duh!

If you disagree with that, then you are delusional about what that atmosphere is all about.

I still SMH.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Humanity is splitting off into two groups and it isn't Men and Women...

It's

Those who use their brains

and

Those who don't

Pretty damn clear, cut, and dry...

Now, who's ass do I stick my toxic foot up into?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think that poor Stephen doesn`t need classes to mentally castrate him he just needs to learn some manners and social skills, parents teaching their children manners and social skills seems to be something that went extinct in the late 70`s and early 80`s.
Too many guys act like Neanderthals and then wonder why women aren`t interested in them.

poor Stephen can`t get any, but don`t worry I`m sure that after the feminist get done re-educating him he will be just fine,and getting all the pussy he wants.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And women go there for the same reason, duh!

If you disagree with that, then you are delusional about what that atmosphere is all about.

I still SMH.

Of course they do. That doesn't make it right. Real women don't need to do it either.
edit on 24-10-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

So its society as a whole enforcing or supporting traditional gender roles , or stereotypical gender roles which lie in the negative side of their impact on everyone.

I dont know why they had to brand it toxic masculinity , when asshole or # is a perfectly good enough word for them

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

So its society as a whole enforcing or supporting traditional gender roles , or stereotypical gender roles which lie in the negative side of their impact on everyone.

I dont know why they had to brand it toxic masculinity , when asshole or # is a perfectly good enough word for them

No. People don't evolve into traditional gender roles without outside influence.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think it's more like, if you see them as a sex object rather than a person you've got issues. When you approach someone at a bar, do you see someone you want to sleep with, or a peer?

Women are just as likely to do that as men these days. We're all liberated now and it empowers as all don't you know?

Blame the hook up culture as much as any kind of masculinity.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ummm, right.

So explain to me why my son instantly gravitated toward Monster Trucks when we put him down and set him loose in the toy department as a kid. We did not guide where we went. We agreed we'd let him guide us as a toddler.

He went straight to cars, trucks, and building sets. The only thing outside that was a toy shopping cart likely because he sees daddy pushing the cart most times when we shop.

But husband isn't even into cars or trucks. Son picked those all on his own.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join