It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officials suddenly revoke visa of hero being hunted by Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I know but that doesn't look suspicious right?

Amazing isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

This is still new but from what I'm reading and hearing the names are submitted to Interpol and Putin submitted this man over and over again. And our state department intervened on his behalf.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Careful now, you will destroy the false narrative.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In this case Interpol did put him on the list. In the past they did not because it was political. The State Dept. would not be looking at individual names and the visa revocation would be automatic. The question is why did Interpol change their mind?

I doubt anyone at an administrative level in our government even noticed until articles hit in the news. Why this is about anything other than Interpol is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well Obama WAS called to the carpet for Hillary's State Dept...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It would be Interpol who put them on their list. The State Dept. response would have been automatic I'm sure.

Must be a slow news day and is anyone asking why Interpol did that, since they are the culprits?

McCain, Cardin Seek Review of Bill Browder's Visa Revocation

Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Ben Cardin, D-Md., released a joint statement calling for a review of what lead to Bill Browder's visa being revoked.
Browder, a British citizen, worked with McCain, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and Cardin, the ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, on the Magnitsky Act. The law, named for the Russian auditor whose death in prison sparking international outrage, would ban Russian officials who took part in Sergei Magnitsky's imprisonment from entering the United States.

Browder revealed Monday his U.S. visa had been revoked the same day the Kremlin issued an international warrant for his arrest via Interpol.

"We understand that William Browder's U.S. visa has been revoked due his inclusion on the Interpol list," the senators wrote in an open statement Monday. "According to Browder, the Russian government has submitted his name for inclusion on the Interpol list on several occasions in the past, yet it was rejected as politically motivated. And through these episodes, his U.S. visa status has been immediately reinstated. The Department of Homeland Security should expedite an immediate review of the decision to revoke Mr. Browder's visa."

It will be interesting to see how this plays out!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

In this case Interpol did put him on the list. In the past they did not because it was political. The State Dept. would not be looking at individual names and the visa revocation would be automatic. The question is why did Interpol change their mind?

I doubt anyone at an administrative level in our government even noticed until articles hit in the news. Why this is about anything other than Interpol is beyond me.

There is no "automatic" OR "procedural" visa-revocation process: Link

VISAS are revoked at the discretion of an individual consular officer, the Sec. of State OR anyone else granted the authority.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'd imagine it will be dealt with by tomorrow and his visa reinstated. Some poor underling(s) will get a good talking to I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Do you think the Secretary of State actually is hands on, on things like this?

Even if not automatic, it was likely done by someone who had no idea who this man was. Same as automatic I'm sure. This sounds more like a typical bureaucratic blunder than anything else.

(post by M5xaz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
wonder what Mueller thinks of this.

clerical error, or is putin testing trump?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't discriminate. I want all illegals deported.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: DanteGaland

Do you think the Secretary of State actually is hands on, on things like this?

Even if not automatic, it was likely done by someone who had no idea who this man was. Same as automatic I'm sure. This sounds more like a typical bureaucratic blunder than anything else.

Or a deep state actor trying to make the Admin look bad by getting that guy killed.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

The Browder narative around the whole Magnitsky affair is totally flawed and Browder has tried multiple time to silence the critics.
He was asked to testify before the Judiciary comitee.

Browder first hired a Russian (Putin critic) film-maker in order to give credit to his thesis but this backfired :

How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth

Near the center of the current furor over Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 is a documentary that almost no one in the West has been allowed to see, a film that flips the script on the story of the late Sergei Magnitsky and his employer, hedge-fund operator William Browder.

The Russian lawyer, Natalie Veselnitskaya, who met with Trump Jr. and other advisers to Donald Trump Sr.’s campaign, represented a company that had run afoul of a U.S. investigation into money-laundering allegedly connected to the Magnitsky case and his death in a Russian prison in 2009. His death sparked a campaign spearheaded by Browder, who used his wealth and clout to lobby the U.S. Congress in 2012 to enact the Magnitsky Act to punish alleged human rights abusers in Russia. The law became what might be called the first shot in the New Cold War.

According to Browder’s narrative, companies ostensibly under his control had been hijacked by corrupt Russian officials in furtherance of a $230 million tax-fraud scheme; he then dispatched his “lawyer” Magnitsky to investigate and – after supposedly uncovering evidence of the fraud – Magnitsky blew the whistle only to be arrested by the same corrupt officials who then had him locked up in prison where he died of heart failure from physical abuse.

Despite Russian denials – and the “dog ate my homework” quality of Browder’s self-serving narrative – the dramatic tale became a cause celebre in the West. The story eventually attracted the attention of Russian filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov, a known critic of President Vladimir Putin. Nekrasov decided to produce a docu-drama that would present Browder’s narrative to a wider public. Nekrasov even said he hoped that he might recruit Browder as the narrator of the tale.

However, the project took an unexpected turn when Nekrasov’s research kept turning up contradictions to Browder’s storyline, which began to look more and more like a corporate cover story. Nekrasov discovered that a woman working in Browder’s company was the actual whistleblower and that Magnitsky – rather than a crusading lawyer – was an accountant who was implicated in the scheme.

So, the planned docudrama suddenly was transformed into a documentary with a dramatic reversal as Nekrasov struggles with what he knows will be a dangerous decision to confront Browder with what appear to be deceptions. In the film, you see Browder go from a friendly collaborator into an angry adversary who tries to bully Nekrasov into backing down.

Movie trailer :

Nekrasov interview :

Then a former collaborator of Browder paid attention to his claims and tried to consider what was accurate from what was false ... He wrote a book about it and the book has been removed from Amazon but is available for you to read in PDF.

Here is Putin's statement on the topic (turn on subtitles) :

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

British-born Putin critic has US visa revoked after Russia places him on international arrest list

Interpol did not respond to inquiries. A US State Department spokesperson said: “We have no record of this individual ever applying for a US visa. Many citizens of the United Kingdom are eligible to travel on the Visa Waiver Programme. The Visa Waiver Programme, administered by the Department of Homeland Security, is separate from the Department of State’s visa operations.” The DHS said Mr Browder had been cleared for travel last week.

From what I am seeing Browder is not even in the US.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If he was born in the U.S., why doe's he need a visa, he is a citizen! Unless he renounced.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have no idea how credible Brower's claims are, but it seems obvious that the visa was revoked because the guy is now wanted according to Interpol. I work in a business where we need to screen visitors against government watch lists. The lists are fully computerized, and if this guy showed up at our door today I'm absolutely certain we'd see the Interpol notice and deny him access.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: botay

If he was born in the U.S., why doe's he need a visa, he is a citizen! Unless he renounced.

He holds British citizenship.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Do you think we will ever get to the bottom of this . The longer it goes the more it looks like politics . If Trump is guilty he should go . If there are Democrats that are involved then they should go too . I find it hard to believe that anything changed the election . Hillary ran a poor campaign and the media had Trump on all the time . I truly believe this is tearing this country apart .

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
he has already had his visa reinstated . once again a big for nothin from the MSM

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join