It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing 50 kids a week referred to sex change clinics in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This LGBTQ community need to stop with their pressure groups... especially onto young children. Is it any wonder they are confused? Look at what they are doing to young childrens minds: Astonishing 50 kids a week referred to sex change clinics in the UK.

'Some are confused, others are trapped in the wrong body': Astonishing 50 kids a week referred to sex change clinics

We never had these issues before with children... we just went through school and our teen years knowing who we were but now children are having all this stuff shoved in their faces at school and the internet that they have become confused and some as young as 4 years old.

And why do these reports always avoid blaming the LGBTQ community for this?

Gosh... they don't need sex change clinics, they need Therapy classes.

Get a grip.
edit on 10.23.2017 by Kandinsky because: Fixed broken link

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Could it, perhaps, be that it's nothing to do with the LGBT community, and everything to do with improvements in diagnosis and surgery?

I admit, the idea of children having sex changes makes me a bit (!) uncomfortable, but I have to presume that the medics and clinicians who are doing it have the best interests of their patients at heart. I mean, that's what we presume for all other forms of treatment.

I'm not sure why you think the LBT-whatever community is behind this. I think you're just a bit more out of touch than I am, and I happily admit to being somewhat out of touch on this issue.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

It's called pressure. We all had 'peer' pressure when we were growing up, it's the same thing with this and you know it, you just don't like to admit it, just like the media don't like to admit it.

Look... if you were a child and you had never heard of 'sex change dysphoria' or 'transgender', you would never in your chils mind be thinking about it.

The kids need Therapy... not sex change clinics.
edit on CDTMon, 23 Oct 2017 07:00:56 -05000000003107x156x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I can explain why:

It's because we have people having children who aren't just trying to make their children think that they're in the wrong body but damn near demanding it. I've seen three kids at the school I work at talking about being in the wrong body and when I asked them why they felt like that or if they could explain what it means to them two of them have said the same thing (although not the same words) "Well Mum/Dad told me that's why I'm depressed" I can't talk them round because it's against the rules. Parents of a certain age see this as the ultimate goal I really do think that.

It should be banned for any children to go through any surgery (Transgender) until they age of sixteen (starting the tablets etc. about 13) allowing them time to adjust to the troubles of going through puberty when we all feel a little screwed up and confused about who we are and what we are. But it's all about "accepting people" rather than pointing out that you can't change your gender and that some people are just mentally ill rather than actually in the wrong body but the number is going to grow until we put the truth out and start explaining the reality.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Not only that, but I suspect all the hormones in milk and meat may play a role too.

Trans is nothing new, now it is not so taboo.

If they truly have a gender identity problem, taking steps at a young age will help them later in life.

Also your link is broken...
www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 23-10-2017 by jrod because: Link

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I predict we will see a massive increase in the number of parents whose dismembered bodies end up being stored in basement freezers.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well you would think they would be referred to a therapist instead.
Someone to help them deal with their issues.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In a few years when they all wake up and realize it's not as "trendy" as it used to be, they're gonna regret such a move.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It's called pressure. We all had 'peer' pressure when we were growing up, it's the same thing with this and you know it, you just don't like to admit it, just like the media don't like to admit it.

Look... if you were a child and you had never heard of 'sex change dysphoria' or 'transgender', you would never in your chils mind be thinking about it.

Go and talk to some of the kids who are receiving this treatment, and to their parents too, before you go making any more sweeping generalisations about what they feel.

No offence, but what you're doing is saying that your personal gut feelings are worth more than the dynamics of families with whom you aren't acquainted, worth more than the diagnoses reached by psychiatrists, and worth more than the surgical decisions made by clinicians - both separately and in combination.

Isn't it possible that you are in fact just wrong?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

How can anyone think kids this young are capable of making such a decision even with a professional. Kids have no idea who they are at that young and adults are pushing their beliefs on them.

It's almost the same as a deeply religious family pushing God on their children except worse.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is what you call institutional child abuse.

A great many people should be arrested and locked away for a long, long time.

This is only acceptable if the child is born with a strange sex abnormality, which is rare, but does happen.
edit on -050007am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on -050007am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

From the OP's link:

The Gender Identity Development Service is seen as a world leading centre for treatment of dysphoria.

It adopts a “staged model of care” to guard against children taking steps to change their sex and then regretting it.

Kids as young as three are offered counselling along with their parents when they first present at the clinic.

This can last for years.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Could it, perhaps, be that it's nothing to do with the LGBT community, and everything to do with improvements in diagnosis and surgery?

I admit, the idea of children having sex changes makes me a bit (!) uncomfortable, but I have to presume that the medics and clinicians who are doing it have the best interests of their patients at heart. I mean, that's what we presume for all other forms of treatment.

I'm not sure why you think the LBT-whatever community is behind this. I think you're just a bit more out of touch than I am, and I happily admit to being somewhat out of touch on this issue.

Nah man, that's bullhorse. Kids change. I don't ride my Huffy bike around all week and get $20 from dad for toys every other week when he got paid like I did in the 80's. I don't play Super Nintendo when I get home like I did when I was in my early teens. I don't ride around town with my music blaring like I did in High School. I don't go to my friend's house and sit in his carport drinking beer all day like I did when I was in my 20's. People change constantly and just because you think you want to be a girl or a boy doesn't mean you're ready to make a life changing choice because you're gonna change.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Go and talk to some of the kids who are receiving this treatment, and to their parents too, before you go making any more sweeping generalisations about what they feel.

No offence, but what you're doing is saying that your personal gut feelings are worth more than the dynamics of families with whom you aren't acquainted, worth more than the diagnoses reached by psychiatrists, and worth more than the surgical decisions made by clinicians - both separately and in combination.

Isn't it possible that you are in fact just wrong?

Listen to yourself.... "Go and talk to some of these kids." Really? The kids? Parents are supposed to lead their children to a life of success. When these kids get older and regret their decision, the first thing they're gonna do is blame the parents for letting them make such a terrible decision at such a young age. Like another poster said, those parents will probably end up in a freezer.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

So, kind of like when you wanted to be a girl when you were a kid, and now you don't?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Again, that's just Wot You Reckon. Transgender children go through the same whims and fads as every other child. But one thing that is (I understand) conspicuously different about them is that from the earliest stage of self-awareness they insist that they are the opposite gender to the one their genitals indicates, and are confused and frightened when they are pressured to behave in their expected gender role.

When you've been faced with six years of continuous and consistent protests from your own child, you know that this is something a bit more substantial than a transient infatuation with a favourite doll, or an enthusiasm for Pokemon.

And if you speak to most gay people, they'll tell you that they knew very early in their life that they weren't like most other children when they began to understand their orientation (I admit, I'm struggling to find the right words here - by "orientation" I'm not trying to imply that kids are fully sexually aware, years before puberty). I find it completely credible that transgender kids go through the same "awakening" experience - and it must be horrendous.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So, kind of like when you wanted to be a girl when you were a kid, and now you don't?

Trick question aside, yes, it's just like someone wanting to be a girl as a kid, and then changing that decision after hitting puberty or growing up.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Ok. Well in my opinion if a parent lets their kid make a decision like this, they've successfully failed their child. These are my opinions and I don't speak for anyone else.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

So, all the things you liked to do as a kid that has changed, and yet you never questioned your identity as a boy - ever.

You don't know what you're talking about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join