It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England, France and other countries plan to ban gasoline engines

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

There'll still be gas cars on the roads and nothing stopping anyone from driving a classic Buick or riding a Harley. We can still ride horses and Model Ts down the roads. Some people don't get the future!

Horse traders gave way to Henry Ford and the same will happen with petrol/diesel engine manufacturers.

"w'R keepin' R cars!"

^^^ Baseball caps and t-shirts.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I like t-shirts and baseball caps. A great t-shirt logo would be, 'Lubricating The World'.

Of course the anti oilers would add 'one dead bird at a time' to that which would completely ruin it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: XstReturnsX

I'd wear it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The electric car revolution is coming, they will be cheaper and faster as well as far more environmentally friendly .

Mercedes are phasing out combustion engines by 2024, other car companies will follow suit, they all will to remain viable.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That made my day! I'd wear it too, i'd market it. I could make a killing! lol

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And where does all the energy for these clean cars come from? Coal power plants? Nuclear power? Solar isn’t going to cut it??

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If they are faster, more fun and just as useable, I don't see a problem. Hell, I cant even hear my car when I am driving normally anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
How will the Oil producers and their puppets justify it's on going use?

Simple. How does continental Europe plan to continue moving goods in and out of their cities? How does Britain plan to continue moving goods on and off the island? Oxcarts and sail ships? How do you convince people that 2-3 months to cross the Atlantic is the better option?

If we want to replace the combustion engine that's fine, we just gotta do it without turning the clock back to the 1600's.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

They aren't going Amish on this #. Diesels and gas engines will still be driving.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is OLD NEWS

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LondonMan

roar
edit on 21-10-2017 by XstReturnsX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is this part of the Islamic Stone Age policy as a result of the influx of refugees?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Dubai appears to be doing fine. Why they're not taking refugees ... is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: DexterRiley

I did read that the Harley ones have "augmented sound" but I do like the knight rider type whine of the electrics

Yep. It would be even cooler to have KITT's sweeping red light on the front and the robotic sweep sound.

-dex

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XstReturnsX

Dubai appears to be doing fine. Why they're not taking refugees ... is beyond me.

The surface of Dubai appears fine, but the untold numbers hidden in the slaver camps never make it in the fancy promos.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yeah, and it's obvious to those observing what's going on. But to the rest, not so much. The slave drivers need to come out with it, and only then, can the house cleaning commence. Still, dubai is muslim, so why in allah's name can't they take their own under their wing? There is crap happening in the west as well, but it's not stopping them from taking foreigners in. Dubai need to pull their weight.And soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I am surprised I haven't seen anything about this on here. I would think that with the overabundance of conservatives here that any threat to the energy industry and to the American muscle car and truck tradition would raise a lot of interest

Unless you plan on hunting your meat yourself, maintaining a sustainable garden, and being completely self sufficient, youre probably not gonna be in favor of this. At least not until there is a viable alternative that can get goods and services across countries, Oceans, and run farm equipment.

Some of you guys really are short sighted

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: CB328
Somebody started a thread about the British decision, a while back, but it would take time to track it down.

The Flintstones-mobile thread?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: XstReturnsX

The same reason as Saudi Arabia. The "cultures" are "too incompatible".

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's great to think about electric engines and a cleaner environment, however...

These cars have much less range than a gas engine.
What's coming is a default restriction of the general populaces freedom of movement and this should scare you all silly.
Car charging stations are not going to be free either.

So instead of what we can do now which is drive unrestricted from coast to coast, from Canada to Mexico we will have a society which will be able to drive just a couple of hundred miles in any direction. Then plug in, wait and maybe go another couple of hundred. This is going to essentially isolate us as a society.

Dunno about you all but hanging out in a service station isn't my idea of fun-times. It's already pretty dangerous now in different area's but this would give thugs a captive audience to criminalize.

I'm all for being environmentally responsible, but I don't think most of you have thought this thru.
The repercussions of unintended consequences is going to be pretty bad.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join