It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much corruption will it take?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

When the people making the laws rig the system so that they can be corrupt legally your argument fails, IMO. Why should they be allowed to pass laws that are applicable to everyone but themselves? Is that not corrupt. How about when they take millions in "campaign" contributions and then vote in favor of laws helping their donors? The only constituency our elected officials care about are corporate donors. They're all rotten, the whole lot of them, D's and R's alike. Again, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That's a really good way of putting it.

Without any more info from him establishing a logical and reasonable argument with evidence to support it then that's what this very well may be.

Just a pissed off person who now has voters remorse but is still unable to accept responsibility for it.

i think in some cases thats it but ive also talked to many people and while i didnt support trump nor vote for him i dont see him doing anything out of the ordinary from a president and neither do they. what i do see is both parties in govt throwing a tantrum, sitting on their hands trying to resist anything that this outsider tries to get done who stepped into their game without their permission. when he complains they get angry and say hes unpresidential and its all trumps fault, all because he wants them to do their jobs imo. so im just as disgusted with govt now as prior to the election. its a rigged system imo with unelected people ultimately pulling the strings
edit on 20-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You're right they shouldn't be allowed to make a double set of laws. Such actions are in fact against the constitution since such a double or triple set of laws are against the idea of Equal Under the Law.

So now we have an actual justified reason and evidence to support an illegal action taking place.

Now what are we going to do about it and what can be done??

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Which is why for now anyway, he's still in office. It's been chaos and not like any admit until now. Lot's of people hate it and not much is getting done and what is getting done is still done in odd ways. But like you said, he's not done anything yet that is grounds for removal technically. Nothing that can be proven with enough force to do it anyway. Especially because we've made doing so very difficult to do. We allow the president to get away with lot's of stuff.

We also don't have an option like some other countries of "No confidence" where just a majority of people not trusting his actions allows for removal. But if enough people in congress decide he's more dangerous in there than not, they can get rid of him, that is an option. But we the people don't control that. Only congress does. Until then we have no choice but to wait until he actually does something that makes his removal possible legally. Which is very limited. He can make everyone very miserable and still be totally in the clear in doing it.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm I have always supported a elected official because they where elected. What you are talking about is treason. That I will never get behind. If we want change than that must come from above. We are past the time of revolution in that regard. We have to use our brains and vote in a smart manner.

I believe I read your post wrong. My bad. We are on the same page I think.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xyankee

to bad ats members will be triggered immediately by you stating that you like Trump and despised obama, even though you stated you are disappointed with the lack of changes even under trump.

it will be to much for them to overcome their party handicap to acknowledge your displeasure with both party and seeking what is it going to take to change things for the benefit of both party.

the reality is thats ita going to take both individual republicans and Democrats to come together so we can take the Gop,Dnc,msm and lobbyists that have ruined this country.

however neither dems or reps here on ats have any intrest in joining forces to fix the problem. they just want to stomp on their chest to show howuch better their party is and how its all the other parties fault.

you will notice most nonpartisan threads here have little activity versus the finger pointing thread.

there is no interest in ats or the real world to unite and take on the real enemy which is the dnc,gop, and the lobbyists.

hence this will digress to my party is better than your party thread quickly.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'n not suggesting anything. Certainly not treason, which is very specific in it's definition.

Also, if the constitution says "Equal under the Law" then how is being in support of that in any way Treason???

If those in charge have gone against that principle and made a system where the Law is no longer applied Equally then isn't them who have acted illegally and not those who point that out and demand justice for it???

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xyankee

I don't know when the time is right for an armed revolution, but I think it is nowhere near. When we truly bwgin turning into a soviet Russia, Red China, facist Italy, or Nazi Germany, then the time is right. While it is enevitable that we will reach that time it is nowhere in the near future.

The framers of the constitution knew that should the time comes to fight we will not jave the support of our government. But when the time does come they wanted Christians to have authority to excersize their right of revolution. The constiturion was created as the supreme law of the land. Therefore, unlike other countries a revolution during such times is not an act of rebellion, bit rather it is a duty or obligation to our Earthly kind so to speak - a piece of parchment paper.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm I agree with you 100% If we the people are within our legal right to do such a thing then we should. Our system was designed for such an action if needed. One big questiom I have is how do we the people decide when that is a option?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

It wasn't just about Christians. The point was for all People, as Free People, to act so that they can still be Free People. That means independent of any Religion or Race or whatever. If you were a Free Person, you could be that here in America where you had that right and protection to be that if you choose.

Along with that was the Freedom of Religion and various other Freedoms that you were Protected in choosing for yourself.

But it might come down to all Free People having to fight for those Freedoms at some point so be on watch for when that time came.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well, for one I think it's a good idea to wait until all legal methods have been exhausted. Revolution and forced takeover of Government by it's people should at least use every legal option first before just jumping into an armed revolt.

Since it's always better to fix a problem in the correct ways if you can.

Revolution also isn't a solution to Proper Government either. It's simply the last hope at removing the problem of a Broken Government. You still would have no plan for establishing a Working system, only a plan for taking the old one down.

Our system isn't beyond fixing. Far from it. It's just been misguided in a whole bunch of ways for a long time. But it's not a total loss yet. But fixing it would take time and dedication no matter what.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm Very well said

Now I will ask you what your option would be in fixing what could possibly be broken? I can only see elections and that may be my downer. What can be done on the we the people level?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Which is why for now anyway, he's still in office. It's been chaos and not like any admit until now. Lot's of people hate it and not much is getting done and what is getting done is still done in odd ways. But like you said, he's not done anything yet that is grounds for removal technically. Nothing that can be proven with enough force to do it anyway. Especially because we've made doing so very difficult to do. We allow the president to get away with lot's of stuff.

We also don't have an option like some other countries of "No confidence" where just a majority of people not trusting his actions allows for removal. But if enough people in congress decide he's more dangerous in there than not, they can get rid of him, that is an option. But we the people don't control that. Only congress does. Until then we have no choice but to wait until he actually does something that makes his removal possible legally. Which is very limited. He can make everyone very miserable and still be totally in the clear in doing it.

i think your missing my point. its congress and the other legislative branches and career politicians that are the problem and are fooling people into thinking its trump when its really these guys p*ssyfooting around. imo if anyone is in favor of the govt getting rid of someone cause they feel they "could" be dangerous, which begs the question dangerous to what exactly, cause in the end thats an opinion and one they have to suck up and instead do what the people voted for.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You missed the point I was making about their consideration for a Judeo-Christian world view which was even more predominate then than is now. Scripture teaches us not to rebel or keep a rebellious spirit in our hearts. And it teaches other spiritual strengths that might deter us from full out revolution. By creating a document as THE supreme law of the land which states our duty of revolution when it is appropriate they have granted Christians a spiritually sound authority to do just that. Revolt.

Otherwise, I agree with your stance on the issue whole heartedly.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yea I am certain Clinton would have made it all a paradise. Right maybe for her self, give me a break! She is the biggest liar and crook that this country has ever seen!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No, please excuse me if I was vague, I was kind of limited on time, and i am not just a pissed off person. I just happened to be driving home and all this was running threw my head, and I asked myself, what good is having a right under the constitution to legally make a change in our government if there is no realistic possibility of doing so. Ya cant just go march up with your gun and say "that's it get out" regardless of how many laws they have broken. It just seems senseless, when no matter what any of them do, they can tell you to go F**k yourself. I just don't get how we could possibly think that they work for us. Even as far as elections, ya get to choose from the ones they choose for you, and we see what happens when you don't pick the one they wanted. So my question was, What options do we have? and if "revolution" is justified, who decides it is.

It is as stupid as Gun free zones thinking they will deter a felon from using a gun.
edit on 10/20/17 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xyankee
No, please excuse me if I was vague, I was kind of limited on time, and i am not just a pissed off person. I just happened to be driving home and all this was running threw my head, and I asked myself, what good is having a right under the constitution to legally make a change in our government if there is no realistic possibility of doing so. Ya cant just go march up with your gun and say "that's it get out" regardless of how many laws they brake. It just seems senseless, when no matter what any of them do, they can tell you to go F**k yourself. I just don't get how we could possibly think that they work for us. Even as far as elections, ya get to choose from the ones they choose for you, and we see what happens when you don't pick the one they wanted. So my question was, What options do we have? and if "revolution" is justified, who decides it is.

oh yeah i totally agree there and im not sure. a few large marches on DC would be a good place to start though. maybe roll out some tar and feathers for some lucky few

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It would be nice if someone did something, I was praying that Trey Goudy was appointed and accepted the AG position. I Think you would find some pretty scared people at that point. In my humble opinion he seems to be the most honest genuine congressman out of all of them. a reply to: TheScale

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist Why on earth are you trying to bring a bible into this. Take that crap alsewhere please.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xyankee How on earth would she be the biggest crook? She did nothing wrong. She asked congress for funding and support and they said no. Also the current admin and past admims uses private email servers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join