It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama didn't call John Kelly when his Marine son died in action, White House official says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If Hillary were president her campaign donation roster would dictate her actions.

Right on time..

But Hilary.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
When Trump says something, he knows something.

Looks like then President Obama did not call Robert Kelly when his son died in action in 2010.

Adding to the continued drama over whether past presidents have called the families of fallen soldiers, a senior White House official told ABC News today that then-President Obama did not call John Kelly, now the White House chief of staff, after the death of his son in 2010.

The retired general’s son, 1st Lt. Robert Kelly, died in action while serving with the Marines in Afghanistan.
abcnews.go.com...

When Trump was asked about his comment on Obama he said he didn't know, but was told O didn't call. He added a lot of presidents wrote letters.

When asked about his comment that Obama didn't call the families of the fallen again later in the news conference, Trump said, "I don't know if he did. I was told that he didn't often. And a lot of presidents don't; they write letters. I do.”

I suppose this is because Trump, in his phone call, has supposedly told the widow of one of the soldiers killed, "I'm sure your son would have known what he signed up for"
So if it is true, he makes a horlicks of even that.

In edit, where Trump says, "she's now not saying it"...well that's simply not true, she's continued to say the same thing...again, and again.
The only caveat is the story is not from the widow, but someone who was there, (the conversation was on the phone speaker) a Miami..I think, Republican congresswoman.
edit on 18-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

What was he replying to?

Did this happen?

It seems flippant, but until we know if it happened I will reserve judgement.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: the owlbear

I talked about "uncle Ted" in a thread with his (if I remember) 13 year old rape song and his crapping his pants to avoid mil service. Kid rock music is nothing to be proud of either.

So yes they suck too.

So can we add Trump, Obama, Clinton, Two Bushes, Reagan to the list?
Carter was an experiment for TPTB, Reagan was the fulfillment.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: seasonal

We do know he met John Kelly in person however...

When was that, I've heard of the Gold Star family dinner, that was well after the fact. Please elaborate when they met in person.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes the gold star family dinner.

Did trump call everyone immediately?

What were both Obama and a commanding officer doing at the time was it they play phone tag?

The assanine conversation about who is a better patriot and using fallen heroes to stroke your ego is disgusting.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: pavil

Yes the gold star family dinner.

Did trump call everyone immediately?

What were both Obama and a commanding officer doing at the time was it they play phone tag?

The assanine conversation about who is a better patriot and using fallen heroes to stroke your ego is disgusting.

Well said,
I have been waiting and waiting for someone stateside or otherwise to say that here ever since Trump started the whole shiite.
Ironically, 'disgusting' is one of Trumps favourite words!

edit on 18-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

who gives a # if he calls or not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join