It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Era Of One God Ended

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Chill, dude. Just me having an out there conversation, immediately: psychotic break?
I'm fine. Are you in charge of censonship and killing the topic around here?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really? How do you suppose gravity was created to make that happen?

At this point the origin of gravity is inconclusive due to lack of evidence, but AGAIN saying that the answer is god is the god of the gaps argument.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

yes the lie of the serpent has taken hold, "and you shall be like god".

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Heck Mormon's believe in Polytheism. They believe they shall be a god one day if they do all the Mormon church says to do, wear magic underware, go do missinwork for 2 years, married and have lots of children from multiple wives and tithe for the rest of their lives. they will make it to the celestial heaven as a god.

They say, "as man is god once was, as god is man will become" But only Mormons mind you.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Where are all these new gods and goddesses then? I have not heard of one new one.

New gods...
MEDIA...
GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, NETFLIX
People sit for hours giving them time and near enough worship.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Where do you go after death? Nobody knows, but people report more or less credible there's something there and it feels better than this life.
Is there a God. There are weird things going on out there, they point towards something, nobody can and will confirm what that is. Angels? Demons? Aliens? ET? Ghosts? Spirits? Places recording holograms of intense moments?
Which means the answer has something to be like: it is real. Nobody knows what it is.

What do we do now?

Don't worry, the god of confusion, vagueness (obscuration, creating a state of mental fogginess in people and creating the right conditions and environment that are conducive for fueling the behaviour described in the final bible quotation at the end of this comment) and mysteries+secrets (who likes to keep people ignorant, confused and/or 'in the dark' about these subjects) will come to his end soon and you won't have to live in mental darkness (ignorance, doubt, uncertainty, pure speculation or pure imagination/fantasy, i.e. unverified 'human' philosophies/ideas, "every wind of teaching" described at Eph 4:14, etc.) about these questions that you raised anymore. The one described as "the god of this system of things", "the ruler of this world" and "the ruler of darkness" in the bible "will be no more". Another more trustworthy God, the God of truth and clarity, our "Grand Instructor", "the One teaching you to benefit yourself", will make sure of it.

Jeremiah 31:33,34

33 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.”

34 “And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

Psalm 37:8-11

8 Let go of anger and abandon rage;
Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.* [Or possibly, “Do not become upset, for it can only lead to harm.”]
9 For evil men will be done away with,
But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.

ו [Waw]

10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.

11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

ז [Zayin]

Song 141 Searching for Friends of Peace (with lyrics)

Isaiah 48:16-18

16 Come near to me, and hear this.
From the very start I have not spoken in secret.
From the time it happened I was there.”
And now the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has sent me, and* his spirit. [Or “along with.”]

17 This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel:
“I, Jehovah, am your God,
The One teaching you to benefit yourself,* [Or “for your own good.”]
The One guiding you in the way you should walk.

18 If only you would pay attention to my commandments!
Then your peace would become just like a river
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Bible writers in addressing fellow believers or describing followers of Christ used expressions such as ...
... These terms with doctrinal meaning were used primarily as internal congregational designations. To outsiders Christianity was referred to as “The Way” (Ac 9:2; 19:9, 23; 22:4), and opponents called it “the sect of the Nazarenes” or just “this sect.”—Ac 24:5; 28:22.

Source: Christian, Insight, Volume 1 ("sect" is a synonym for "cult")

Jesus—The Way, the Truth, the Life: Table of Contents

Ephesians 4:14

14 So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.
edit on 18-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

My kingdom can never be destroyed.

God of gods. You are all gods.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Who's the you?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Polygamie is part of the book, but not the culture in Mormons, a few extremists do it, as everywhere. They embrace something the state doesn't want you to have, strong family bondings. Commitment to the family, once you're connected it's for this life and eternity × forever, afterwards.

Very protectionistic (?)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Historically it was Eve. Spiritually it could be you or anyone.

" ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" was the promise given by the serpent to cause Eve to transgress the word of God concerning the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We all have that knowledge in us today.

But it is so mixed up today, that things that are evil are seen as good and things that are good are seen as evil. But truth is actually not relative to a situation there are no grey areas.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The main point was their belief in Polytheism, that they shall be gods if they live the perfect Mormon life. The mormon's founder had more than one wife. If it were not for the federal mandate which outlaws multiple marriages Mormons would still openly practice it. It is still practiced privately.

Strong family commitments and bonding's are no proof of salvation or godhood.

I have a great family bonding and commitment but my salvation is what brought that about. My salvation is by faith alone in Christ finished work on the cross as a ransom for my soul from everlasting death. MY changed heart resulted in a changed life.

While witnessing to three Mormon boys, who call themselves elders (funny elders in the bible are supposed to be married to one wife), I gave them my testimony and how Jesus saved me and all they could say was, "you would make a great Mormon"

edit on 19-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

And it's similiar to what every other abramic descended religion thinks too, not in those words, but we will go to heaven, where God lives. Be god is maybe far fetched that's true. We won't ever be like this one god nobody ever spoke to. We will live with angels, right?
More modest, it seems.
Than again I believe that one has to consider, the Mormons are too a religion that sprang from persecution. Those violent times somehow live always in the fledgling phase of a religion. And they're young.
And spreading.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All waveforms of the simulation originate from a single wave.

Trickle down harmonics.. Why worship independent octaves of harmonics of harmonics of harmonics of harmonics, when you can acknowledge the fundamental low longwave that encompasses them all (and the imaginary detection particles everyone loves so much)

edit on 20-10-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

why have one imaginary friend - when you can have 23 ??????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join