It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Ireland gets battered by Ophelia, UK has a Red Sun.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Due to sand whipped up by Ophelia from the Sahara, Britain is both fascinated and freaked out by the creepy red Sun and the strange glow outside.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm in Nottingham and it's been getting darker and darker throughout the day. I will upload some photos when I get time but if you go to the links, there are plenty and probably taken with a better camera than my crappy phone.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
I noticed the red sun (I'm not far from Nottingham) without being particularly freaked out. Some form of pollution in the atmosphere was always the obvious explanation.

edit on 16-10-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Ignore the title lol.

Neither of these are mine, I just thought it worth quickly showing what it looks like.

Anyone else in the UK got any to upload? Pease do.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Can confirm, 14:12, street lamps are on and sky is orangey/yellow.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

It looks like Mars out there.

edit on 16-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

IKR, I noticed it was duller than usual when I woke up but didn't realise how dull until my laptop lit my room up. The Twilight Zone UK Edition

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Aah! That explains it. Got up this morning to an ethereal amber glow in the sky. Couldn't see the sun (living in the NW of England, so not unusual!), but guess it must have been the dust.

Was pretty cool...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Someone stuck an Instagram filter on!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I saw a day like once when I was growing up in Kansas. We had an actual dust storm that day. It was nothing like what they had during the '30s, but it was enough that the sky sort of had a reddish/dun, grungy look to it and it was darker than normal all day.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm based in Jersey, Channel Islands. It's the same over here, and although it seems to be clearing somewhat, it's been very eerie weather all day.

When I woke up and looked at the sun this morning, I knew instantly it would have something to do with Saharan dust blowing up, but on collecting a sample off of my (very recently cleaned) car to show my partner, it was a different colour to what I remember from the last time (having said that, the sky is much darker too).

This stuff is greyish-black, I instantly thought it was ash of some kind, and after a very quick search I was reminded of the many forest fires burning in Spain and Portugal at the moment.

Anyway, here's a photo of some of the dust rubbed from the roof of my car; zoomed-in, it definitely looks ashy to me;

Local news media reports;

At first, Jersey Met believed it could have been caused by Saharan dust. But it is now believed that the strange sky has most likely been caused by smoke from wildfires in Portugal which have left at least 31 dead.

(Image taken today in Jersey, CI. From source linked below)

Source - Saharan Dust Sends Jerseys Sun a Pinky Orange

I've made several attempts to capture both photos and videos of the phenomenon, but neither my skillset nor my equipment are up to the job, so I'm sorry about that.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'm in the West Midlands and saw the red Sun through the freaky darkness , I'm sure it's a portent of Doooooom !
Or it could just be Saharan sand as you said , still looked weird though.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
As per usual whenever a phenomenon happens in the sky whether it's during the day or night here in Essex it's bloody cloudy! However I've caught glimpses of the sun today breaking through the clouds and it looked awesome. Shame I wanted to dig my camera out and try and get some pics however it's now 15:30 and it's definitely a bit darker than it usually is

Edit: the clouds are meant to clear slightly later I'm hoping in time for sun set as I reckon it will be a nice orange sunset

Also as a user posted above me check your cars for dust gathering on it.
edit on 16-10-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was outside about an hour ago here in Slough and it was kinda surreal.
When I went out there was a good strong breeze blowing and it seemed to stop suddenly. The grey cloud then rolled over to reveal a dirty browny-pink sky with a faint orange sun just visible through it.
Never seen anythink like it before.

edit on 652Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:39:14 -05003931900000017 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Yes, I forgot to mention the forest fires! Thanks for adding that.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It's brightened up here now. The air still tastes salty though.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No worries!

I've just had another attempt at catching an image, this shows how it's beginning to clear to the southeast from me but still looks very dark in places, it's definitely getting brighter here though, to the point I where can now switch my living room lights off lol;

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
cue the nibiru, massive spacecraft, UFOs imminent disclosure mentalists..

we will likely see footage of this as some sort of proof in the next Tom Dedouche big reveal DVDs...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just looked outside here in essex it has got a bit darker and the whole sky is overcast however the clouds are a very strong dirty orange colour I tried getting a photo on my phone but the picture came out normal .. weird. It does look very odd though like I said though I'm hoping it clears up soon to get a nice sunset .. not holding my breath though

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

In Barking, east London it is darker than usual...Might be the weather...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This morning up here in West Yorkshire, everything was a dull yellow...looked like some sort of toxic fog lol or Mars. When the sun poked out it was a dark orange and now its super sunny and bright! Stupid weather

top topics

<<   2 >>

join