It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Assange Drops Dead Mans Switch? - Possible Insurance File Password

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am saying that the values can just be data, it doesn't have to be a phase or words. A key for encryption could be an English phrase or just some random values.

"Data" is not random or meaningless. If its on a computers memory, it has function. Since it didn't translate to english then yes it could be something else. A short program in a programing language to unlock a cypher, or memory file (like you said). He's "done this before", so...

Thanks for the 'hash' explanation.

The more popular hash functions outputs are of length 32 and 64 though. Could also be a key.

Processors have increased their number of address and data bits progressively from 8 to 16 , 32 and 64 bits. Those 4 hexadecimal bits grouped in 4 characters are 16 bit. 4 bits is a nibble (one character) 2 nibbles are a byte (2 characters), 4 nibbles , 2 bytes (four characters), AKA a "word', 32 a "long word", 64 I think is a "double long word".

64 bit processors are the industry standard today.

I got into computers back when they were eight bit and left around the time they became 32 bit. 16 bit is old technology. Assange is old too.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It most likely has nothing to due with the word size of the processor. The 16 or 32 lengths are not because of the processor, it the programing of the function.

The 2 digit are 8 bits, one character, if it was meant to be ascii chrs. FF = 255

"Data" is not random or meaningless.

Yes it can be. Not saying it is in this case. If an instrument captured certain noise, it might random.
See random.org

Many, many years IT, programmer/system analyst.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Four characters in a group represent 16 bits, 16 data lines, usually associated with 16 bit processors.

Yes it can be. Not saying it is in this case.

Obviously not random data. If its Assange.

IT programmer, what language(s) did you work in? Does it translate to instructions in any of those?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm not sure what his actual discipline was is. Just that it has to do with those code things. Maybe he writes it. He's a super genius. Did two years at MIT and then one of those techy schools in the research triangle of north Carolina. I think NC State but I'm not 100% sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I would bet it isn't a few of instructions. That makes no sense to post.

It's most likely a value to be passed to some program , matched to some output or it just BS. Like a key, hash value or something along that line.

You were earlier talking along the lines of a cipher (or code), which is a possibility but would he do that, the purpose?
edit on 10/22/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So why would the owner of a site like wiki leaks use such old technology. Wouldn't he have access to the best equipment?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So why would the owner of a site like wiki leaks use such old technology. Wouldn't he have access to the best equipment?

The man is holed up in embassy feeding a mouse that comes out of the wall...all he does is dream of waves and alligators...he can't help it.

You would too if you were in his position

edit on R192017-10-23T03:19:32-05:00k1910Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

So you're a stalker now.
Should I be flattered or worried?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So you're a stalker now.
Should I be flattered or worried?

Stalker? I don't think so, I have better things to do... although it is autumn and a lot of witches come out on Halloween lol.

You want to talk about me or Assange, which is the topic of this thread?
edit on R422017-10-23T08:42:12-05:00k4210Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You were earlier talking along the lines of a cipher (or code), which is a possibility but would he do that, the purpose?

Anything he puts out from the embassy is obviously monitored, if he wants to send a secret message it has to be encoded.

Case in point.

I recall that Snowden was conferring with a reporter, they were exchanging large files, which were decrypted with cyphers or "hash" (sorry unfamiliar with that term), like a combination to a lock that opens them.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He may be using obsolete technology to 'fly under the radar', as it were. Like using pigeons instead of radio to carry messages in time of war.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

The man is holed up in embassy feeding a mouse that comes out of the wall...all he does is dream of waves and alligators...he can't help it.

You would too if you were in his position

That was funny. Poor guy, even the media ignores him now. Effectively his effort to expose world domination is ground to a halt. There are no more whistle blowers dumping documents his way...

In that sense the assholes are wining.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nice. Don't worry I'm not a real person with feelings. Just go about your thoughtless childish way.
Have a nice day tat.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

It appears to me like so far I'm right. Sooooo🎶

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Nice. Don't worry I'm not a real person with feelings. Just go about your thoughtless childish way.
Have a nice day tat.

You're absolutely right, Silly...It was insensitive of me.
I apologize if I've hurt your feelings.

I wish you a nice day, as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Really? You have better things to do than research and link passages from a previous membership to this one and mock me. I wonder how much of your better spent time you used to do that? Certainly more than a few minutes. What was your motivation to do that?

What a joke.
edit on 10232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Right about wot?
I asked in the OP if anyone has any further info.
You obviously do not.
So instead you spam two whole pages.

Your input is appreciated for what it is

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ok. If you're being sincere.
Peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Really? You have better things to do than research and link passages from a previous membership to this one and mock me. I wonder how much of your better spent time you used to do that? Certainly more than a few minutes. What was your motivation to do that?

What a joke.

Using the ATS search engine for Autumnwitch657 takes about 10 seconds.

The thing is, what you said on your old account doesn't match what you say on this account, which leaves you with zero credibility.

You have a nice day and keep on posting 30 times a day, I could really care less about you or anything you have to say.

I trust Assange way more than I do you.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I'm right that it doesn't mean anything and someone is pulling your leg. If it's Assange I'd want to know why, but I doubt any of these cryptic messages are really from Assange anyway.
I'm right in that this is some kind of joke to get people riled up.
Nothing against you. I just feel this is someone's idea of fun.
If by some miracle this does turn out to be some coded message from Assange I'll apologize I promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join