It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ok im a new member and NOT exactly sure if this is the right spot to put this in and if not can a mod or admin please move it

ok now to what im here for

i was at my local library store and a book caught my eye, it was about Alchemy...now i have heard stories about it from tv shows and such but the detailes are still a bit sketchy

i pretty want to know 2 things

what exactly is Alchemy

and

are there any recorded documents of Alchemy being proven to exist

thank you in advance

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
please delete this one and ill post it in the right place

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
...have you ever considered, i dont know, Googling it?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
alchemy has to do with turning mercury and other elements into gold thats not all but its all i know. i would listen to ZetaGundam007 and google it

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Your going to get varying explanations of what alchemy is or was;

Scientifically, Alchemy is the parent discipline of chemistry, philosophy, mettallurgy, religious studies, geometry, mathematics, and several other minor branches.

Alchemy was a metaphor of sorts for the study of the Soul, as well as the scientific world around us. Used to be a time when science and religion were the same thing, 3000-4000 years ago. then the organized church got involved, and you know the rest.

The end goal of alchemy was to have audience with the creator, with the transmutation of base metals into Gold representing that effort in the chemical world.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My understanding is that alchemy basically dealt with attempts to change elements of lesser value into those such as gold and silver through chemical reactions. Chemically, its not possible, but as I posted on the space exploration subsection, it has become possible in the nuclear age, where heavier elements can be (and are) formed from lighter elements in nuclear reactors. The same process occurs in stellar fusion.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might also want to U2U Tamahu. Tamahu knows whats up with the "Esoteric" or "Spiritual Enlightenment" aspect of Alchemy - which focuses on "Transforming" Mind States!

Wait a minute - you are the same person that started that last thread! Never mind - get out of ATS & Google it!

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought the reason Alchemy was begun was to attempt to create the Elixir of Life?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I thought the reason Alchemy was begun was to attempt to create the Elixir of Life?

yay same here i think it was called the philosphers stone

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
alchemy has two main goals:
turning base metals into gold
and making the elixir of life (so you can live forever)

turning base metals into gold i guess is possible with nuclear fusion and stuff but 99.999% of people doubt that it actualyl works in a little lab

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I know a bit about nuclear reactions, and by using nuclear fusion, you have to put obscene amounts of energy in. That's why stars go nova and stuff, they get full of iron and can't produce enough heat to stop gravity, so they collapse on themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
toolmaker's pretty much hit it on the head...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the elixir of life comes from gold ,only the alchemist has the knowledge of transference. that is how moses and the like were able to live for eons.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Gold is a Metaphor, and living forever is not physical existance, it is your soul.

transmutation of lead into Gold, is the same as you having an Audience with the Creator, and leaving this existance for another. These people could not write down exactly what they meant, they would be hunted down and Killed. So they substituted meanings, intentions, and goals for the actual terms.

But to give credit; Gold and Silver were used extensively and for good reason. SIlver will kill all known Bacteria on contact, period. Its why royalty used goblets made of silver, silver platters, silverware, etc, etc.
Gold, was used and still used to promote health and wellness. You can get injections of Gold, highly diluted, but Gold nonetheless. Its debateable what Gold will do, but it has been used for thousands of years in this manner.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
When the Bible talks about drug use, it calls it "alchemy". Drug addicts are alchemists. Alchemist sounds better than pothead anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Philosophers stone...you sure you're not confusing this with the plot of
Full Metal Alchemist, an anime?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaGundam007
Philosophers stone...you sure you're not confusing this with the plot of
Full Metal Alchemist, an anime?

no im not

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
haha i was bout to say, a easy and entertaining guide on gow to begin to understand alchemy is proabably full metal alchemist. It does have some truth about it, even if it is exagerrated. You have to remember that it is set in another parrallel world, where alchemy study continued insted of sceintific study taking off.
Anyway alchemy was really the begging of sceince, the word science comes from a islamic word, alhemo of something like that. Althought i have heard stories that the egyptians were the first to start alchemy. Thats another thread.
So it began big in the middle ages of europe, were the whole idea of the elixer of life and turning base metal into gold came into it. There was surposedly a screat powder that would alow the turning of base metals to gold, that a alchemist showed when traveling past a house, i forget the name of this book. So pretty much it was the start to what we know know as chemistry, except chemistry knows its limitations, it have rules that cant be broken with one simple stone. I dont think todays chemist are looking for the philosophers stone?
And one of the above posts was probably right, the term alchemy can be giving to not the drug users but the drug makers.... The columbians are alchemists....lol
Anyway i hope my post was the least bit helpful.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"are there any recorded documents of Alchemy being proven to exist"

Sure there are! Quite many too : www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Interesting...is all that I can say! With all the so called brainiacs that visit ATS...there is noone with a credible comment.

Then I shall say...ye do not know as much as ye say you do!

Without the knowledge of the Esoteric, how can anyone really know everything or anything?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join