It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break-in at Las Vegas shooter’s home in Reno confounds police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Break-in at Las Vegas shooter’s home in Reno confounds police

Break-in reported at Las Vegas shooter’s home in Reno

FBI agents returned to a house in Reno owned by Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock after local police determined someone had broken into the home over the weekend.

Reno police officer Tim Broadway confirmed today that police were called to the house early Sunday by a neighbor who noticed a light on inside the home in an upscale community on the edge of the Sierra foothills along U.S. Interstate 80.

Broadway says the officers discovered "someone had broken into the house" and immediately contacted the FBI. He says it's not clear how the person or persons gained entry or whether anything was taken.

Broadway says they don't have any suspects or descriptions of possible suspects. He told The Associated Press, "Nobody really saw anything, just a light was on with nobody in the residence."

He says local police are working in conjunction with the FBI to make sure no one else enters the home.

It's been 11 days since the deadliest mass shooting in American history and we still don't have an official motive. Pile this on top of the fact that the best info we've gotten was leaked on 4chan before the rest of the media was forced to cover it.

Now we have break-ins occurring at the home which was loaded with weapons, explosives, and who knows what other evidence... which is still an active crime scene under police protection.

Thoughts?

edit on 11-10-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Vegas odds people of who it was.

Among the likely candidates don't forget the media itself.

They did with San Bernadino shooter if I recall correctly.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Do not Panic! They got this!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Souvenir hunters. People are sick. They want death mementos to sell to highest bidder. I recall reading after Bonnie and Clyde got killed 'lookie-loos' were trying to grab clothing, hair, they had to guard the bodies.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That, or they had to retrieve some of the burner phones Paddock was rumored to be in possession of, which is pretty strange for a "lone wolf".

If his house was a weapons depot, I wonder what could have been hidden for others to find? At this point I think an independent investigation is needed.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

My first thought was the accomplice looking for something he/she knows is hidden there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

That, or they had to retrieve some of the burner phones Paddock was rumored to be in possession of, which is pretty strange for a "lone wolf".

If his house was a weapons depot, I wonder what could have been hidden for others to find? At this point I think an independent investigation is needed.

Hidden? Not phones, The FBI would have taken all those. Besides, why would authorities sneak in later, they have warrants.

The only things left would be simple belongings, unconnected, but good for a few bucks on Ebay.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

At this point in the investigation, I think it would be really stupid for someone to get involved like that. But, we know people have done stupider things in the past.

I don't think it was the authorities who did the break in, obviously. Nothing has popped up on any trading sites like Ebay or Amazon, or any news articles about what may have been hidden. And this supposedly happened 4 days ago. I'm sure if anything does pop up the police will be on it quickly.

Still, the whole situation is pretty sketchy.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This strongly makes me suspect accomplices were involved. That doesn't have to mean more shooters, although it could. But accomplices could have helped only with the planning of the attack.

What they were after, who knows? Perhaps something that would lead police back to them?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
this place wasn't under guard?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Theory #1:

Authorities found some things they know someone would come back for.

So, they leave the scene seemingly wrapped-up and wait.

Someone with a key walks right in the front door and gets whatever it is while the cops are via watching the cameras they set up in the house.

Police put out a phony news story saying they don't know how someone broke in the house through the front door while they secretly track the person who broke into the house to see what they do next.

Theory #2:

The Police handed off security of the house to the neighborhood watch program.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe some random thief just thought, " Hey this guys dead, I'll break into his house for some easy pickings."

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Spooks removing evidence?

Or maybe vagrants squatting.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
this place wasn't under guard?

I think it was, or it should be at least until the investigation is wrapped up. From the amount of weapons and everything found in the house, they should be tearing it down to it's foundations to find what he may have hidden.

Do they plan on reselling a house that may have god know what buried under it? This is ridiculous.

edit on 11-10-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If there is no evidence that anything is missing, is there any evidence that anything new is there?

Perhaps the "break in" was to leave something rather than to take something.

Ten days and still no motive ...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hidden? Not phones, The FBI would have taken all those. Besides, why would authorities sneak in later, they have warrants.

The only things left would be simple belongings, unconnected, but good for a few bucks on Ebay.

Yeah, I had a thought on this. Short of gutting the house we won't know. How thorough were the official types?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Yep, me too. An accomplice or an "agent" of a "contracting" alphabet agency.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
If there is no evidence that anything is missing, is there any evidence that anything new is there?

Perhaps the "break in" was to leave something rather than to take something.

Ten days and still no motive ...

May be that missed suicide note.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's been 11 days since the deadliest mass shooting in American history and we still don't have an official motive. [...] Thoughts?

Sex, drugs, money. Take your pick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join