It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Reading Device.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I find it starnge that samuel_c_bowmont has not answered our questions............John Titor wanna-be.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He found that ATS'rs aren't gullible enough!!! Go ATS!!

[edit on 20-2-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Everyone calm down, geeze! My cousin is still in Britain and will return in two days. He wants to directly post some information himself when he returns. I think you all will be very pleased to hear what he has to say.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have a few questions:

1. I presume that if I am thinking in English, it transmit my thoughts in English? What if I am thinking in German or Arabic; what then? Does it read minds AND translate?

2. How does it know my voice? IF I imagine myself talking in a clown voice, will it broadcast my thoughts in a teeny tiny clown-voice???

3. What if I am not "thinking in words?" I am currently working on the process of "not-being" described in the mystical text called "The cloud of un-knowing," and found within some schools of yoga. If I am not using words in an internal dialogue, then what will the macine pick up?

4. "Brain waves" is a term people use to describe the electromagnetic waves given off by the brain. Of course you know that consciousness does not consist purely of electrical activity; as someone else pointed out, the "waves" given off by the brain are in microvolts, and are "averaged" from different parts of the brain on an EEG. Unless of course you are attaching electrodes below the pia mater, directly into the cortex . . . Otherwise, how can you read milivolt signals without a faraday cage? Surely your machine produces enough electromagnetic radiation to drown out all brain signals in the room. Heck, the flourescent lights are putting out 60Hz, and destroying most of your input, aren't they?

5. Why are you posting this here? Surely you expect the NWO to come and snatch your invention and lock you away in Gitmo where scantily-clad stewardesses will interrogate you forever . . . hmmm . . . can I have one, too?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShockand even then I could only get literal thoughts.......nothing on the level of many subconscious motivators and associations........

Good post, doc.

The statement above was meant to cover the points you brought up as well as a slew of others.......

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
that is very kool i think that your cousin is very inteligent if he can create a machine that taps into ones subconsiouse.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I have a few questions:

1. I presume that if I am thinking in English, it transmit my thoughts in English? What if I am thinking in German or Arabic; what then? Does it read minds AND translate?

2. How does it know my voice? IF I imagine myself talking in a clown voice, will it broadcast my thoughts in a teeny tiny clown-voice???

3. What if I am not "thinking in words?" I am currently working on the process of "not-being" described in the mystical text called "The cloud of un-knowing," and found within some schools of yoga. If I am not using words in an internal dialogue, then what will the macine pick up?

4. "Brain waves" is a term people use to describe the electromagnetic waves given off by the brain. Of course you know that consciousness does not consist purely of electrical activity; as someone else pointed out, the "waves" given off by the brain are in microvolts, and are "averaged" from different parts of the brain on an EEG. Unless of course you are attaching electrodes below the pia mater, directly into the cortex . . . Otherwise, how can you read milivolt signals without a faraday cage? Surely your machine produces enough electromagnetic radiation to drown out all brain signals in the room. Heck, the flourescent lights are putting out 60Hz, and destroying most of your input, aren't they?

5. Why are you posting this here? Surely you expect the NWO to come and snatch your invention and lock you away in Gitmo where scantily-clad stewardesses will interrogate you forever . . . hmmm . . . can I have one, too?

Very good questions, they will all be covered (except 5
) when my cousin posts here. He plans to explain alot of things such as funding for the machine, a little bit on how it works, etc. Specs will also be posted.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Samuel_C_Bowmont]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caldron of Hate
Adding to that. The particles/chemicals/other/ transmitted by thought would be so cryptic that it could only signal emotions. The receiver would have to pick up on differ areas of the brain. Processing happens in all parts of the brain and is conglomerated into language which would be tough to pick up on. How does it pick up this info, Samuel? Does it listen to the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, temporal lobe?

Lobes of the human brain (Frontal Lobe is shown in red)

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

Hey Samuel_C_Bowmont will your cousin answer my questions too? Because this would be a very important aspect of the machine. Personally, I feel your full of it and I pity the gullable people here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So how does it emit the thoughts it captures? Through a loudspeaker?(as you implied there was inteferance audible) and were these 'sounds of thoughts' spoken in english in your own voice etc?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

such as funding for the machine

Well that just made me more skeptical of this machine actualy existing.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

such as funding for the machine

Well that just made me more skeptical of this machine actualy existing.

Who told ya so? Who told ya so? Sorry, but who told ya so?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join