It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Reading Device.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello I have been a regular reader at ATS for quite a few months now and I have something important to share. I went to my cousin's house last weekend and he showed me this machine he was building. I went into his room and saw all these cables and speakers and things lying around and he told me to sit down. He turned on a speaker thing and all of the sudden I could hear myself double. Like what I mean is that I could hear myself think outloud. The machine picked up my thoughts and also my cousins thoughts. I dont know exactly how he did it but he said that he had been working on it for months. He showed me the website where he got the original idea from. www.teslatech.info...

Here is the original device he based his work on. www.teslatech.info...

That machine was able to pick up emotional states from people. My cousin modified it somehow to pick up signals directly from the brain I guess. When I could hear us thinking it sounded strange and had a lot of interference but I could clearly make out what we were thinking. It picks up waves up to 8 feet away. I am going to ask him if I can take a picture of it with my digital camera or record us doing the experiment next time I go to his house which is probably this weekend.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Samuel_C_Bowmont]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If this is true, than it would be a breakthrough in Psience (Psionic science).

I had heard of machines that measured brain waves that are used as a new more eficient kind of lie detector, but I did not think something like this would be built for atleast one-hundred years from now, please do update when you have more info.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've contacted my cousin, he wasn't home so I left a message on his answering machine. When he calls me back we will talk about an appropriate time I could come over and take pictures.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Very interesting. If there is a site on the internet about this, I wonder why we haven't heard more about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
[edit on 11-2-2005 by Kronn]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have good news! My cousin allowed me to take pictures of the machine, we are in the pictures but our faces are blurred out.

This is me next to the front of the machine. The bottom part of the picture shows one of the "speakers"
img148.exs.cx...

Here is my cousin working on the top of the machine.
img148.exs.cx...

If you guys have any more questions leave them here, my cousin and I will gladly answer anything you want to ask.

Mod Edit: to restore thread format.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks I find this thread intriguing. So how sophisticated is the info captured by machine? Can many people read the thoughts or just one? Can you read emotions?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well since he built it, I'm supposing he knows how it works, so how does it pick up the thoughts? does it use a modified kind of radio reciever, or does it pick up thoughts as if they were ripples in water, or some other way?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the first computer I built
. Is that a 486 processor in pic 3 & 4? Sorry. Seriously, what university is it being built at or for what class?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It seems way too good to be true. I'm still very skeptical, I would love to hear a recording of it in action though.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if that device does work...does it emit any harmful cancer causing electrical fields. If cell phones can cause damage....what about that huge mind reading device? I'd hate to see someone get brain cancer from using it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Uhh, if this were actually real this guy would be a multi-billionaire. If what you're saying is true, I hope he has a patent for it. But for some reason I just don't believe this. You're telling us a machine with a 486 processor
is somehow "tapping" into the brain and reading thoughts? Modern science and technology funded with billions of dollars can't come even remotely close to doing something like this, and you're telling us your cousin "built one?" The only thing that a machine like this could do is monitor stress levels, heart rate, etc etc, all the normal stuff that machines can do already. Sorry for sounding so skeptical, I guess it COULD be possible, but very doubtful. The government perhaps, but your cousin in his room?

If you want us to believe please provide MUCH more information, because if you're telling us the truth, this is the scientific break-through of the millenia.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well since you all demand a bit more info I'll give you some, I'll start by giving you a background on my cousin. He is 29 years old, went to MIT and took Brain and Cognitive sciences ( web.mit.edu... ) & Engineering ( esd.mit.edu... ) and is also a member of Mensa.
After having a meeting with a professor one day they began to talk about mind reading and things of that nature and my cousin became very interested in this subject (he was 20 at the time). He started doing all kinds of research and talking to all sorts of people and learning as much as he could to help him build a device that reads minds. His first experiment in this field was a more complex 'mood ring' so to speak. I can't remember how it worked but I'll ask him to explain it to me some time.
Shortly after his dad's 61st birthday his dad had a stroke and now he cannot talk, this compelled him to begin work on the machine I show to you here.

I have posted this on other websites but they quickly 'flamed' me and deleted my post so I figured you people would be a little more understanding. I'll post a recording sometime when my cousin returns from England. He is attending some kind of conference on cognitive sciences.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
we're not trying to flame you you gotta understand why we're skeptical

I'm quite positive its possible but we just want more proof maybe have a mod come over to your couison's house and demostrate it or something...
please dont take it as a flaming we just want solid evidence

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Let me tell all of you, your answers to your questions.........................................You should be getting them right now.....................................................................................................

I'm a mediocre to good EE from the second best EE school in God's country. Send me some more picts but not telepathically.

Better yet, send me some specs. Y'all did design according to specs like I am paid to do daily? Specs are not secret.

Children lay off the weed! (or at least cut back to a dozen or less bongs a day)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The time I spent in lab paid off. It did look a whole lot like a university lab so I was kinda taking a stab with that question.

Looks to me like an HVAC unit,

but don't listen to me, I have no engineering background
. MIT huh? Cool, I could take a rode trip if it works
. All the best to you and your friend, I'm interested in hearing more. The specs would be cool to see because they seem to do a good job in persuading others *cough John Titor cough*. Man, I should see a doctor about my throat. That's a pretty weird cough.

And for those wanting to build a time machine:

Kidding! Kidding, don't ban me please.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To my fellow student of life: close...MIT was first in 1998. Illinois was second. They probably have slipped down to fourth or fifth by now. Most Universities have engineering school's quality are inversely proportional to their athletic teams success. Illini are #1, 26-0 yo!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Reaganwasourgreatest]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If I wanted to "read someone's thoughts," I'd focus on focusing an amplifier to the vocal chords.........many people think phonetically(meaning they sound out words mentally) and this can be represented by the vocal chords moving as if they were being used........muscle memory. If they can distinguish a voice from a crowd, they most certainly can focus on barely perceptible muscle movements in the throat.......

I wouldn't need a big 'ol honking refrigerator like piece of equipment........something like a long-range microphone, and even then I could only get literal thoughts.......nothing on the level of many subconscious motivators and associations........

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You know what they say, "when idiots read their mouths move."

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You people are all frivolously frolicking about like freaking fools with no clue as to what is really going on. Of course this machine is plausible. Considering there is a chip and it does work and it does read thoughts and your emotions can be deciphered, why is there even a question as to whether this machine could be privately manufactured seperate from the public entities that are mass producing mind control technology? If you want proof come play with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join