It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Reading Device.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Let me see a spec there sport.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by h4n1144
You people are all frivolously frolicking about like freaking fools with no clue as to what is really going on. Of course this machine is plausible. Considering there is a chip and it does work and it does read thoughts and your emotions can be deciphered, why is there even a question as to whether this machine could be privately manufactured seperate from the public entities that are mass producing mind control technology? If you want proof come play with me.

You're kidding me, right? Frolicking fools with no clue? Care to offer an explanation on how emotions can be deciphered by a machine since emotive expression is a varience from person to person? I know nothing of anything, right? Good to see someone I barely know make such a confident statement as to my mental faculties.......congrats.

"Considering there is a chip and it does work...."

Yeah, considering the subject matter is precisely what is occuring on this thread......of course your eloquent expression of our foolishness has just placed you in the most credible of positions.......

If you want proof come play with me.

I'm on the next train.....

I liked it when he said, "if this, and if this, and if this, an, oh yeah, if this, then duh."

[edit on 18-2-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok....someone wants their own John Titor page......Right, Samuel? Isn't it strange he has a name instead of nickname. He wants a page devoted to his propaganda, are you now going to post a picture of this device? JOHN TITOR WANNABE!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
send me a spec or smoke something.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Care to offer an explanation on how emotions can be deciphered by a machine since emotive expression is a varience from person to person?

Well the machine is just the receptor of brain wave. The whole emotive experience needs deciphering by the human receivers on the respective end, who then create a reality for the one whose mind is read. Emotion and what is right, wrong etc. is dictated by the reader through a similar mechanism that allows for CNS (central nervous system) control. In other words, the mind is read and what is read is responded to through a mechanism that controls the brains basic and advanced functioning. So waves of pleasure can be sent out, as can strong signals in the right (correct) and left (wrong) sides of the body creating a Pavlov-esque experiment.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by h4n1144

Well the machine is just the receptor of brain wave. The whole emotive experience needs deciphering by the human receivers on the respective end,

Very good. Now, you just stated that it is the human that does the deciphering, as opposed to your original post. Isn't it fun when we say something real instead of nonsense?

who then create a reality for the one whose mind is read. Emotion and what is right, wrong etc. is dictated by the reader through a similar mechanism that allows for CNS (central nervous system) control.

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement here. "Create a Reality," not so much as providing reinforcement and regurgitation of "read thoughts." I would like to hear more about this CNS, as it could mean a couple of different things......

In other words, the mind is read and what is read is responded to through a mechanism that controls the brains basic and advanced functioning. So waves of pleasure can be sent out, as can strong signals in the right (correct) and left (wrong) sides of the body creating a Pavlov-esque experiment.

Why do you equate right/wrong with left/right?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caldron of Hate
Ok....someone wants their own John Titor page......Right, Samuel? Isn't it strange he has a name instead of nickname. He wants a page devoted to his propaganda, are you now going to post a picture of this device? JOHN TITOR WANNABE!

Let me point out for future reference that I am the first to tell everyone this[[p[ppeople
and that I deserve a vote for it.
Thank you alll.
Soon everyone will realize it is fake and hopefully give me credit.

Sorry if I am being conceided?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Technicly the machine is'nt impossible,
I mean think about it, everything we feel and think at its basics is just electrical pulses,now electrcity exists as a wave particle, not a solid particle, now if this device worked like a radio reciever, and our brains like a radio transmitter, it would work.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Let me point out for future reference that I am the first to tell everyone this[[p[ppeople
and that I deserve a vote for it.
Thank you alll.
Soon everyone will realize it is fake and hopefully give me credit.

No one likes people whom are conceided.
And I will not vote for you, do to your actions.
And besides this is a lot more easier to do than time travel.

Isn't it strange he has a name instead of nickname.

So I used my real name as my user name.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Adding to that. The particles/chemicals/other/ transmitted by thought would be so cryptic that it could only signal emotions. The receiver would have to pick up on differ areas of the brain. Processing happens in all parts of the brain and is conglomerated into language which would be tough to pick up on. How does it pick up this info, Samuel? Does it listen to the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, temporal lobe?

Lobes of the human brain (Frontal Lobe is shown in red)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
then Sony (of course) would buy it and Everquest is going to have a massively wacked upgrade!
Can't wait for the Psychics of Norrath expansion!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
No one likes people whom are conceided.
And I will not vote for you, do to your actions.

Forgive me if I find the similarities between Samuel_C_Bowmont and John Titor to be too much. It mirrors everything John Titor did except Samuel is too quick with his rhetoric which is what tipped me off, and was suprised nobody else broght the issue up quicker. I'm not a skeptic, but can call a spade, a spade when I see it. It's not conceided, but just realistic and wanted people to not the realistic point that I made. Maybe I am conceided, but who isn't a little? It takes all types of people to make the world spin.......

And besides this is a lot more easier to do than time travel.

I could easily make a conceided cheap-shot to this statement, but will refrain from it.......Nice one.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
then Sony (of course) would buy it and Everquest is going to have a massively wacked upgrade!
Can't wait for the Psychics of Norrath expansion!

Psychics of Norrath hahahahaha saint4god that was great a classic even...no a christmas classic I almost wanna put for my siggy lol

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Who else concurs with me that this is a John Titor wanna-be? If he were telling the truth then he would answer this question, "Does it listen to the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, temporal lobe?"
Answer it, Samuel C Bowmont, if that is your real name!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Caldron of Hate,
I was a little harsh, sorry, I would have voted for you if you had'nt said to,

quote: And besides this is a lot more easier to do than time travel.

How could that be construed as being conceided, I mean think about it which is easier, picking up a transmission, or creating a quantum singularitie.

I am going tovote for you, because of the post about the different parts of the brain though.

You have voted Caldron of Hate for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

[edit on 2/19/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
How could that be construed as being conceided, I mean think about it which is easier, picking up a transmission, or creating a quantum singularitie.

I just felt like using your words. Thanks for the vote, much appreciation from me to you.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
Psychics of Norrath hahahahaha saint4god that was great a classic even...no a christmas classic I almost wanna put for my siggy lol

Thanks! Feel free to use any of my posts (except for the ones where I get foot-in-mouth disease) up on a sig. line. I'd be honored. By the way, they re-did the bazaar. No more lag for buying and selling stuff! Wohoo! Naturally I have it running in the background with the volume as we speak. *ch-ching!* Oooh! What'd I sell?

[edit on 20-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The only question I have then is, why do you need an air-filter (second pic) to read people's minds? Is that because we think about breathing subconciously and need to filter it out to get people's true thoughts?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So waves of pleasure can be sent out, as can strong signals in the right (correct) and left (wrong) sides of the body creating a Pavlov-esque experiment.

What you are describing has nothing to do with Pavlovian/classical conditioning, and your description of bilateral polarization is not supported by the past 70 years of neuropsychological research. You mention "strong signals"-- surely you are aware of the frequency range of these "strong signals", please provide them.

MK

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

What you are describing has nothing to do with Pavlovian/classical conditioning, and your description of bilateral polarization is not supported by the past 70 years of neuropsychological research. You mention "strong signals"-- surely you are aware of the frequency range of these "strong signals", please provide them.

MK

I love your wit and sarcasm in that post. Charming, charming, my dear sir/maam.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join