It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before we talk about gun control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know women that would disagree with you, and think the idea you need to kill someone to defend yourself, and that you guise this moral in the 'defense of women' is sick.

You basically are a chicken pretending to want 'to allow women to have gun rights' as a method to allow yourself access.

Most women don't agree with you at all, take a poll.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

So you are for rape.

Got it.

I think it's sick. But hey. . . . freedom, amirite?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I guess the stories here are made up like Penthouse Letters to the Editor?

www.americanrifleman.org...#

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

No, are you a woman is my argument.

Ps. You think about rape and sick twisted things people don't actually say a lot. Is this illiteracy, or an inner monologue?

You really think I am pro-rape?

Your confusing comment makes me think you are pro-rape, or are experienced. Are you joking? About rape?
edit on 8-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hey "Karate"
That's very nice ,,,for a sport.
NOT a battlefield weapon nor a smart tactic against a bad guy who KNOWS how to use a gun.
Disarm camo, tactical approach and ranged engagements?
I can get passed you if I have a rifle.
Martial arts are highly important in developing the spirit and skills of the INDIVIDUAL, few things are better ,if one HAS a traditional instructor.
I was attacked by a South Korean Paratrooper by TKD roundhouse kick to my head (GOOD thing too ,he might have hit a vulnerable ORGAN!)and I was unfortunately drunk on Soju and went TOTALLY operational before I knew what a Butokukan forward punch (Aim BEHIND the target)actually did to a TINY asian guy,it wasn't a fair fight and I wasn't interested in fair I had to win,WITHOUT FAIL.
THAT is where you step into a ring and I face death,as well as where KARATE or any single form of formal martial arts take a hike and the need to pick and choose comes into play.
Lets see you take a Ranger, accept NOW the situation is to win by injury or death.
Like when BULLETS whiz by,reality changes a person in ways that are dangerous and horrible,so they can learn the worst coping skills known to man.
Stop with ALL of the civilian assessments of military capabilities,it ISN'T DONE because WE ALREADY know what happens when we do GOOD deeds of any kind, thank you very much.
IF THE TIME comes they GET PASSED all LEOs,shuddup and watch,if we do as trained, you get to keep breathing so you can call us all MONSTERS later.
UNTIL it's epidemic I STAY home.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

"girls need guns to defend themselves
"

Can you sound any more condescending and with more 'toxic masculinity' please?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

No, are you a woman is my argument.

Ps. You think about rape and sick twisted things people don't actually say a lot. Is this illiteracy, or an inner monologue?

You really think I am pro-rape?

Your confusing comment makes me think you are pro-rape, or are experienced. Are you joking? About rape?

Why is my gender so important?

Rape is bad, anything that can prevent rape is good.

Why don't you agree with that?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: smurfy

I'm sorry. But I will not turn away from good people doing good things.

THAY are the backbone of our society.

They are the heroes we so sadly need.

Eh? I was agreeing with most of what you said...never mind.

The truth is that there are always people who's first instinct is to save others, many who are, probably don't even realise it. That is something diametrically opposed to someone like Paddock who just wanted to kill, for why...we don't know, and what's more we still don't know if he acted alone, yet and all, he was armed to the teeth and beyond, that's beyond the pale...the status quo that is, must change.
Just suppose there had been just a dozen more there armed like him...that's war, like it or not, and again just suppose he was acting on some entities behalf...no matter who?
Against that, nobody has a dogs chance.

edit on 8-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Murder is worse than rape, rape can be prevented without murder, I'm not stupid in my logic train I choose.

The idea that stance is pro-rape is absurd, you're politically slinging the title of 'pro-rape' to win your argument rape is bad, but it's only a conversation with yourself unless you want to come up to speed. I can't tell what's worse, if you're actually this ignorant, or joking about rape to make political arrowheads.
edit on 8-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I apologize.

I have been dealing with someone who thought rape was ok because if you defended yourself, with a gun it would be bad.

And there have been people who have basically attacked the OP for saying, "Hey, I got your back".

All I really have to say is, I also have your back.

I've even been field tested, and while I was afraid, I didn't sh$t my pants and I fired back and protected my brothers and sisters.

Now I have sh$t my pants.

But not because of return fire.

I'm old.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Kitten?, rape is bad.

It's not political.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hopefully you get a seniors discount to buy more underwear.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes rape is bad, calling me a rapist is similar to calling some random person a racist however. It's pretty agressive slander, and I'm literally hoping you're just ignorant to this, rather than actually being such a dismal person to say I'm 'pro-rape' to further your stance against mine, neither being 'pro-rape' from a rational standpoint.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hopefully you get a seniors discount to buy more underwear.

I wish.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yep , I even post here if a person doesn't want me to assist them in times as these , raise their left hand in a peace sign . I promise I will lift no hand to come to their aid.
Otherwise , I will defend to the death.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wish.

The correct answer is.....

Depends.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
seems like theres alot of potential hero's on the internet.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
seems like theres alot of potential hero's on the internet.

And on Facebook and in the media.

Funny thing about hero's.

They don't know they are until the fan gets hit with poo.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes I was TOTALLY unaware you were a female and MORE at a loss of effective information than I already thought you were,due to the FEMINIST programming that screws up women,OTHERWISE you are at best a noise maker to a skilled Karateka who was serviced by a belt salesman,AMERICAN style.
HEY, at least I BET you have the SPIRIT part down!
OF COURSE I'm TOXIC I'm a 19 D Scout from the COLD WAR we aren't really affected by emotional people who attack.

GOOD luck translating a KATA to combat lady

edit on 8-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate your sentiment. I won't post links to various articles that show armed citizens saving the day, because you're right: most of the time (99%) nothing happens, and the choice to carry was precautionary. Thank goodness for that, anyhow. I also appreciate that you aren't advocating for an outright ban, so in that regard thank you for approaching this from a reasonable standpoint.

It may not always make a difference, but there are far fewer cases of "friendly fire" incidents than cases of "saving the day." Overall, I'd say armed citizens are a net positive for society. That isn't to say that the way things are can't be improved, because they certainly can. I would love to see public programs that promote firearm safety & awareness, as well as functional training for citizens who choose to be armed (or armed in public). You wouldn't hear too many in the firearm community complain about free training programs designed not only to promote safety and proficiency, but also techniques to make them more effective in their stated goal of protecting themselves and their fellow human beings. In this way, we could expand the potential for the "regular guy/lady" model in this discussion.

I truly believe the decision to carry is a personal choice, but would love to equip those people with better tools (de-escalation training, functional proficiency, legal issues, and so on) and knowledge in order to increase their efficacy. I would like to restate that I do not look down on people who have looked at the situation and decided a firearm just wasn't for them, or unnecessary for their life situation.

Again thanks for the reply, and looking forward to further discussion of this matter

JB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join