It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before we talk about gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The OP basically said, "Hey, I got your back".

And regardless what you think, people will.

Good people exist.

Whether you care to believe it or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sadly there won't always be an armed citizen or law enforcement officer close enough/properly equipped to handle all threats. Armed citizens have helped many people (including some LEOs), and should be commended for their love of their fellow citizens and concern for their safety.

There are some very bad people out there, and I think the OP wants to point out that armed citizens are not among that vile group. The thought of using a firearm to murder someone is unthinkable. Firearms are reserved for cases of extreme last resort, demonstrated by the number of armed citizens that choose to carry LTL tools for de-escalation and proportional responses.

Hats off to you rockin, nice to know there are people out there that have your back no matter what. It restores faith in humanity to hear of the heroism people display during these tragedies, and those who will have everyone's back when the next murderous criminal strikes.

And BTW OP, my sentiment is the same. I carry a firearm for the protection of myself and others, and thank everyone else that does the same.

I also respect those who, due to maturity or cultural beliefs, choose not to carry a firearm. That is your right, and I respect it completely. I don't look at you as a lesser human being because you don't carry. All we ask is that you recognize the fact that we aren't your enemy, and have the same goals you do: the make it back to our lives and families.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

You'll have to excuse me for not feeling all warm and fuzzy about a guy with a gun when so many people have lost their lives to a guy with a gun.

So your intellect will not let you differentiate between a mass murderer and a citizen lawfully carrying a weapon and willing to protect you, well then you are hopeless.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Of course most gun owners aren't vile, but I think the majority of the time, regular "good guy" gun owners don't save anyone. There are way too many dead people killed by guns every day to convince me otherwise.

I'm not saying to ban guns, let's just be realistic of what regular guys can accomplish.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That was unfair emotional manipulation and you know it. A pistol against a full auto weapon on a high vantage point at...what? 500 yards?
Care to try that yourself ?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You should get a card.

Something that says, "In case of domestic terrorist attack, or any attack, I do not want to be saved by anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment".

Not that it'd do any good.

Because good people would still take a bullet for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So just because Obama didn't make the right move, let's not move on and make them illegal? We can't continue to condemn past presidents for their poor and incompetent decisions. Americans should be demanding better from their representatives and president.

I still say, any legislation that will impact the lives of Americans, such as Healthcare, Medicare, Social Security, Welfare Reform and gun control, should be put on the ballot for "all Americans to decide." Our representatives don't enact legislation based upon concern for the American people but rather for political donors, lobbyists, pressure from party leaders and how a particular legislation will affect the profits of the corporations involved.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

There are many members here just like you... Myself as well.

Carrying legal, concealed, licensed and open... I hope to spend the rest of my life never, ever having to draw them.....

And that's where opponents are misguided... We don't carry to USE them... but the opposite... never NEEDING to unless life or death.

Thanks... MS

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Very mature response. Do you always attack posters who don't agree with your views? Just because you think it's right doesn't make it so. The majority usually rules, and I can bet a majority disagrees with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I know karate.

Can I have my medal now please?

Even saved a kid already. From a knife.

Whatever though, my brother took down a gunman with a rock and his best friend has legally registered 'deadly weapon hands'.

Idk why I took all these classes that teach you how to specifically deal with gunman, probably to escalate myself to some 'liberal fantasy'. Or maybe it was to defend others. And has the most proven success to work in every society ever(Hand to hand self defense class).

I'll be the first person to say guns only empower those who need them, and that's hardly who they are distributed to.

You want guns because you're disillusioned that you are part of the 'police' as a 'good citizen with a gun'. But you are not. You're in the way. And worse.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's my point. These bad guys with guns may be crazy, but they're usually not stupid. They plan to put themselves at an unfair advantage by being hard to access, or by using the element of surprise in a way that doesn't really allow the regular guys with guns to do anything about it. They don't plan to fail, and they don't fail to plan, which is why they usually succeed so well.

Even without planning, these guys always seem to have the advantage. I was just reading a story yesterday about a guy who shot from his car at another driver due to road rage. He was caught, not by a guy shooting a gun, but by someone who got his license plate and turned it in to the police.

The woman in Texas (legal gun owner, by the way) who shot her teen daughters (and herself) to hurt her husband who said he was divorcing her had the element of surprise. There were other guns in the house, but the husband was caught off guard and couldn't save his daughters.

Just don't make it seem like the good guy gun owners are going to save everyone, because most of the time, they can't.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

I want guns allowed for the 110 pound woman to equalize herself against a 260 pound attacker.

But then again, I'm for freedom.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Have you ever needed to use a gun you carry while out in public to defend yourself?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well, she clearly needs an AR-15, so we should start by making those more available.

edit on 8-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

I don't care bout make or model.

If it stops her from being raped, then hell yeah, frag the bastard!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Bonus round: What does a Taser accomplish that a gun does non-lethally?

Why is it only women in the first place embrace the idea of non-lethal weapons? And are anti-gun crowds head-end?

"Defend the women! (that don't want the guns)"

I've heard children ask questions about tranquilizers, children are more creative at this point than our law system.
edit on 8-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Funny how the anti gun folk seem to miss these stories isn't it? They play up the dead and wounded all day, every day, for weeks, but when the good guy stops the bad before blood is spilled, anti gun folks just seem to say "Ho hum".

crimeresearch.org...

UPDATED: Compiling Cases where concealed handgun permit holders have stopped mass public shootings and other mass attacks

It happens much more often than you think. It's just not national news, like when the bad guys win.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Bonus round: What does a Taser accomplish that a gun does non-lethally?

Try harsh language, Betty. It may work better.

Why is it only women in the first place embrace the idea of non=lethal weapons?

Talk to any woman who was raped and bring up "non-lethal".

hahahahahahahaha, no.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The families of 58 people ask, where were you in Las Vegas? Cuz there was someone there with LOTS of guns who wished harm on LOTS of people.

Story after story of people risking their lives to save others.

Regular people doing extraordinary things.

And you criticize?

Amen to that!

But there does need to be some kind of balance ultimately, otherwise this is going to go on, and on.

Some news about Paddocks note BTW, police now say it was calculus for optimum firing on the crowd, also that the flashing light/s alarms were set off by their explosive devices to gain entry, (that had been mentioned before in some reports)
edit on 8-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'm sorry. But I will not turn away from good people doing good things.

THAY are the backbone of our society.

They are the heroes we so sadly need.
edit on 8-10-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join